Day In a Page
Saturday, 10 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Billionaire Britain: UK home to more than 100 billionaires
- Eurovision 2014: British hopeful Molly Smitten-Downes finishes a lowly 17th as Austria's Conchita Wurst wins
- 'Chris' the runaway rhea bird is shot and has his remains used to make gourmet sausages
- Exotic snakes found on banks of Regent's Canal in London could be culled
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ed Miliband is blundering about on a 'crutch' provided by disillusioned Lib Dem voters
- Ukraine crisis: A small switch, but has Vladimir Putin really blinked?
- Alan Bennett knows how to shock a man
- Tackling homophobia in Church schools: There is room for everyone, but not for behaviours which cause harm
- What can be done about Boko Haram?
- Roger Graef on how to make a positive documentary
- In sickness and in health: My creature comforts have never meant so much
- The spread of British hypocrisy, from Gerry Adams and Northern Ireland to Syria
- Unemployment will scar us for years
- Boko Haram and Nigeria: Western media underplayed the story for practical, not ethical, reasons
- The truth about the over-50s
- Lost? The Tea Party has already won, and its influence will be felt for years to come
- Prince Andrew praises Bahrain, island of torture
- Exclusive: Amnesty International stands by our claims, Nigeria's military had four hours to stop Chibok raid – but failed to act
- What about the hard-working singles?
- The mother of all battles? Politicians should realise that fathers are a group worth wooing
- Blowing in the wind: Fly the flag, and to hell with the state
- Almost two decades on, it's OK for Bill Clinton, but there's no peace for Monica Lewinsky
- What's worse than Ukip? Not enough kip...
- Burgers and microchips for all: Even if not a philanthropic sort, the world's first trillionaire could still offer a communal boon through taxation
- Seven reasons why Barclays was forced to shed 19,000 jobs
- The halal hysteria is all about money, not morality
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Yorkshire 310-8 Warwickshire: Tim Bresnan underlines his all-round ability by saving Yorkshire’s day
- Eye on the County Championship: Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?
- Denesh Ramdin appointed West Indies Test captain as Darren Sammy retires to focus on leading the Twenty20 team
- England can get back on top, says Ian Bell
- Caddie McGregor dies on course in Madeira Islands Open
- R&A play down reports of Open Championship return to Northern Ireland as Portrush event described as 'some distance' from being agreed
- TPC Sawgrass: Rory McIlroy could be out on his own if he could negotiate the front-nine, but instead he starts Sunday 12 shots off leader Martin Kaymer
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix - Niki Lauda admits: ‘Nobody can beat Lewis Hamilton. He gets better every race’
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton wins again after titanic duel with Nico Rosberg
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix live - As it happened
- IndyCar: Mayor of Indianapolis injured after being hit by debris that left driver James Hinchcliffe hospitalised during inaugural Indy road race
- Spanish Grand Prix qualifying: Lewis Hamilton triumphs in ongoing intra-team Mercedes duel as gearbox issues see Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel grind to a halt
- F1: Caterham axe technical director Mark Smith in attempt to address disastrous start to 2014 season
- F1: Nico Rosberg pips Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in final practice to set-up tense Spanish Grand Prix qualifying session
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Great getaways: From cycling in Provence to a week in Mallorca
- Seduced by the slow train to Turin
- Let me ask you this: 'Why do you need to turn off devices before a plane takes off or lands?'
- Simon Calder: Why the biggest plane in the world isn't right for the busiest route
- My life in travel: Craig Charles
- Travel agenda: From Camper's new sunglasses to English Wine Week and Tenerife Walking Festival
- Travel challenge: A Californian road trip
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Banks told to stop treating customers like zombies
- Derek Pain: The tiddlers perform well, but perhaps it's time to add weight
- Donald MacInnes: Ireland does it her own way when the local undertaker passes on
- Simon Read: It's you who set the agenda for what appears in this paper
- Simon Read: TSB's 'fairytale' local image comes under fire
- Simon Read: Should our mutual friends really be paid so much more money each year than the Prime Minister?
- Mark Dampier: Don't let dividends become an obsession in equity income funds
- Bargain hunter: 'Quad-plan' deals on broadband, TV, landline and mobile packages
- Money Insider: Football credit cards can be an own goal
- Questions of Cash: Virgin Media kept charging us after we'd cancelled our contract
- Protesters form united front against Centrica
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more