Day In a Page
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Video: Guinness World Record - The smallest car in the world
- Video: Guinness World Record - The tallest motorbike in the world
- Video: Guinness World Records - The world's smallest dog
- Video: Guinness World Records - Record breaking skateboarding goat
- Video: Guinness World Records - 100 metre high heel record broken
- Guinness World Records unveils its weirdest entries yet
- Postcard from...Rome
- Postcard from... Beijing
- Stephen Hawking's on the team - but why no Bruce Willis? World’s biggest brains get together to work out how to save us all from the end of the world
- 'Boldly going where no probe has gone before': Nasa confirms Voyager 1 has left the solar system
- Strain of HIV virus found in monkeys is cleared by vaccine
- Breakthrough with stem cells could 'end need for transplants'
- Old-fashioned plimsolls with flat soles are better for kids' feet
- What's the difference between a Szechuan pepper and a vibrator?
- Woolly mammoths became extinct because of climate change – not hunting
- Haji: Russ Meyer stalwart best known for her starring role in 'Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!'
- Lewis Morley: Photographer whose work captured the essence of the Swinging Sixties
- John Billingham: Scientist who searched for extra-terrestrial intelligence
- Bagui Bouga: Master of the 'nomadic blues'
- Sakar Khan: Musician who worked with Shankar, Menuhin and Harrison
- Saul Landau: Politically committed film-maker
- Cedar Walton: Pianist and bandleader who played with Coltrane
- Mark Sutton: Stuntman and former Gurkha who parachuted into the Olympic Stadium
- Claus Jacobi: Editor jailed during the 'Spiegel' affair
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Take note, Ed Miliband: Starting a fight doesn’t make you strong
- Take your time on Hillsborough. No, really
- Pope Francis - a religious leader with a message of tolerance? Well, fancy that!
- Angela Merkel and the myth of charismatic leadership
- JK Rowling is milking the Harry Potter franchise with a spin-off film, but why shouldn’t she?
- Meet Abdulrahim Elmi, a Somaliland Dickens hero who personifies his new nation
- It's not "left-wing campaigners" who are defending judicial review. It's anyone who cares about justice
- Five years on from the financial crisis, will political instability continue into the post-crisis world?
- You can tell who people vote for just by looking at their shopping bags
- Nigel Evans should have kept his job - and the taxpayer should have kept that £9,000
- People don't visit food banks because they're ‘unable to manage their finances’, Mr Gove
- Alastair Campbell? I hated his message, but I was always fond of the messenger
- Me and the new iPhone: just what my fingers have been waiting for
- Let's open our borders to Syria's refugees
- One health check, two locations, no doctor. Who really benefits?
- The Michael Le Vell verdict is in, but all the lessons are still to learn
- David Attenborough on large families: A wolf in safari clothing?
- Why Obama was right to call chemical weapons a ‘red line’
- Yom Kippur: Why I'll be fasting and reflecting for the first time since I was 13
- Why on earth has the UN stuck its neck into the bedroom tax?
- Why are the supermarkets keeping so schtum about the badger cull?
- The party of labour needs to put work at the centre of its welfare reforms
- There is another housing bubble… it is high-rise and lacks proper amenities
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: Up close and personal: Evans’ resignation speech was tough on everyone
- No summer love-in for Ed Miliband as the union dinosaurs bite back
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: A stamp of approval from the silver-tongued salesman
- Fukushima plant could remain a hazard for at least 30 years
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v Australia 3rd ODI - as it happened
- Matthew Hoggard retires: He took 248 wickets – and hit one amazing four
- Ashley Giles calls his mate Michael Vaughan 'harsh' for dig at selection
- England v Australia: Third ODI washed out
- Matthew Hoggard to retire from cricket at the end of the season
- England v Australia: Third ODI in pictures
- County Championship round-up: Durham make slow progress as Brown punishes Yorkshire
- Team Lotus confirm Kimi Raikkonen departure to Ferrari with bizarre 'rabbit sex' tweet
- F1: Felipe Massa announces Ferrari exit on Twitter, paving way for Kimi Raikkonen return
- Lotus in talks over new driver to replace Kimi Raikkonen
- Murray Walker exclusive interview: Kimi Raikkonen return to Ferrari could be a 'shot in the arm for F1'
- F1: Ferrari confirm Kimi Raikkonen will replace Felipe Massa from 2014
- F1: I'm leaving Ferrari, tweets Felipe Massa
- Greatest hit by a member of Fab Four: Rafa Nadal's US Open win has to go down as the finest feat of a golden era
- Rafael Nadal evolved, tweaked and modified his game to complete one of the greatest comebacks
- Andy Murray to face Croatian teenage in David Cup
- Rafael Nadal backed to win more Grand Slam titles than Roger Federer
- Andy Murray seeks to earn it like Beckham with Simon Fuller deal
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- David Cameron backs college's decision to ban Muslim veils
- University of Edinburgh bans Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' from playing on campus
- Mature students put off by 'serious and damaging' effects of the fee hike
- 'Grab a vodka and calm down': Accommodation meltdown as York freshers are forced off-campus
- Oxford Union cancels EDL founder invitation due to 'security' costs
- UK universities: If you want to party, study in the north
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school