Day In a Page
Thursday, 12 June 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Harrison Ford 'breaks ankle' during Star Wars 7 filming
- Sky Ferreira asked inappropriate question by Brazilian interviewer in car-crash interview
- Alan Bennett blasts creeping privatisation in speech to Cambridge University
- Pitbull's trousers upstage dancing trees at World Cup 2014 opening ceremony
- Nigel Farage is the surprise campaign star of an extramarital affairs dating website
- Ellie Goulding used to hide parts of her face because she didn't think they were 'aesthetically pleasing enough'
- JRR Tolkien thought teaching was 'exhausting and depressing'
- Rik Mayall cause of death: Comedian 'suffered a heart attack' wife confirms
- Prince Philip: Dodging Nazi bomber was a 'frightfully good wheeze'
- Terry Richardson accused of new sexual allegations: ‘I felt a d**k pressing into the side of my face’
- Rik Mayall cause of death: Post-mortem is inconclusive, says coroner
- Rik Mayall: 'Help me get to No 1 so that I can be a great rock star again,' comedian asked fan
- Bill Murray crashes engagement photo in latest case of 'surprise Bill Murray'
- Brad Pitt attacker Vitalii Sediuk wears T-shirt of the actor for community service
- Tracy Morgan crash: Truck driver pleads not guilty in initial hearing
- Louis CK calls for removal of Tracy Morgan 'terrible' crash video from TMZ
- Mila Kunis tells men to stop saying 'we're pregnant': 'All you did was roll over and fall asleep'
- R Kelly's child reveals he is transgender: Jay Kelly 'kind of' scared to tell his father
- World Cup 2014: Rooney, Neymar and Ronaldo - the tournament’s most controversial, influential and entertaining players
- Rik Mayall cause of death: Post-mortem will be carried out to determine how comedian died
- World Cup 2014: Who says England haven’t got a prayer?
- Creationist asks: If evolution is true, is rape wrong?
- Teacher leaves classroom door open overnight, finds creepy whiteboard message the next day
- Pigs do fly...when trying to avoid the chop
- Teenagers hack ATM by bothering to read the instructions
- Spanish dog gives birth to bright green puppies
- Too scary to be true? Man films a very close encounter with a shark
- Ruby Dee: Actress and activist who fought for civil rights and broke through racial barriers on Broadway, in films and on TV
- Steve King: Musician, producer and recording engineer who played a key role in the rise to stardom of Eminem
- John Hartley Williams: Prolific poet acclaimed for his alliance of flamboyant inventiveness and wit with technical virtuosity
- Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos: Conductor who championed the music of his native Spain
- Eric Hill: Illustrator whose invention of the lift-the-flap book helped make his creation, Spot the Dog, a children's favourite
- Roger Mayne: Photographer celebrated for his poetic and pioneering pictures of working-class life on the streets of London
- Karlheinz Hackl: Actor, singer and director who played an SS doctor in 'Sophie's Choice' and wrote a book about having cancer
- Major Duncan McMillan: Argyll and Sutherland Highlander decorated for his role in maintaining the Allied advance on Tunis
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Errors and Omissions: A common confusion that fools the English in spades
- Editor's Letter: The horror in Iraq proves we were wrong to invade
- Nick Clegg and Danny Alexander: Our disciplined approach is the only way to deal with the deficit
- How can Ed Miliband pursue his agenda without spending billions?
- Janet Street-Porter: How do you teach British values?
- Nietzsche's ideas might have been dangerous, but that's no reason to ban a club dedicated to the man
- Tattoos are all the rage – so long as the skin they adorn is that of a ‘gentleman’
- Whatever Spornosexuality is, I'm all for it
- Here's to Sepp Blatter! The most repulsive man in football
- The truth about neo-Nazis, by the Jew who was one
- I'm the biggest football fan you know - and I'm a woman. What of it?
- JK Rowling needs to get her story straight
- We could save billions by cutting the military, but in a fragile world we need strong armed forces
- It would be frightful nonsense for the EU to class obese people as disabled
- It was better to live in Iraq under Saddam
- We must not see rape as inevitable
- The World Cup has taught me everything I need to know about life's possibilities
- The religious extremism we should really worry about is online
- I went to the Global Summit because of Angelina Jolie
- Letter from the Defence Correspondent: The US and Britain have a duty to help stop al-Qa’ida
- i Editor's Letter: Mission Unaccomplished
- Can this England set-up leave behind its footballing past?
- The exemption of first homes from capital gains tax is a bedrock of our damaging obsession with property
- Bush and Blair’s hubris in Iraq means the West is now powerless to act against a genuine threat
- Where’s my passport?
- Risk ought not prevent research into the 1918 flu
- The downward pressure on pay is severe and – for now at least – irreversible.
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v Sri Lanka: Jordan looks the part from the off but Plunkett made to wait
- England v Sri Lanka: Immaculate Joe Root bags double ton but Sri Lanka show fight at Lord's
- England v Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka fight back as Joe Root records maiden double-century
- England v Sri Lanka: Renaissance man Joe Root deserves settled role in middle order
- England counting on Matt Prior experience as Test series gets underway
- US Open 2014: De Jonge’s 70 cuts insulting pairings pick down to size
- US Open 2014: A second 65 puts ‘awesome’ Kaymer in a class of his own
- US Open 2014: Graeme McDowell makes most of nurdler's paradise
- US Open 2014 leaderboard: Martin Kaymer stretches his lead to evoke memories of Rory McIlroy's runaway lead in 2011
- US Open 2014 leaderboard: Martin Kaymer left surprised with 'exceptional score' as Ryder Cup hero leads the way on day one
- Queen's 2014: Andy Murray slumps to shock defeat against Radek Stepanek
- Tennis: LTA hires former Becker coach Brett to close gap in Slam success
- Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal fall victim to transition problems after quick turnaround for grass
- Andy Murray very much the pride of home town Dunblane
- Tennis world still awaiting follow up to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's classic 2008 final
- Heather Watson fit and ready to rise back up the rankings
- Serena Williams ready to fire at Wimbledon
- Andy Murray ready for next stage as Wimbledon approaches
- Novak Djokovic looking to bounce back after French Open final defeat
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Meet the Flyboard - the water-powered hoverboard you never knew you wanted
- Apple offers exchange for millions of iPhone chargers that could 'pose a safety risk' (but don't worry; the UK's are fine)
- US government puts $18 million in Bitcoin seized from the Silk Road up for sale
- Bloodhound SSC cockpit complete: this is how you control a 1,000mph car
- Tesla: 'All our patent are belong to you'
- Xbox One advert turning on customers' consoles without their permission
- World Cup 2014: Opening ceremony and Brazil beating Croatia celebrated with Google Doodle
- Assassin's Creed: Unity in trouble over 'excluding' female killers - Ubisoft responds
- Virtual reality for all: Oculus Rift could sell 'at cost' thanks to Facebook acquisition
- Amazon pricing dispute expands from books to films, as it drops pre-orders for The Lego Movie
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27