Day In a Page
Thursday, 14 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- i100: That North Korean viral video you've been sharing? It's basically propaganda
- i100: These poignant cartoons are the lost and found art of a British prisoner of war
- Lifehacks that will only make your life worse
- 11 signs we live in a rape culture
- The unlikely connection between Ferguson and Gaza
- Cliff Richard impersonator chose one hell of a day to promote tour
- Gaza Everywhere app highlights true scale of humanitarian crisis
- X-ray GIFs are the coolest thing you'll see today
- i100: Sir Cliff Richard house search – all you need to know
- Tig Notaro on standing up, coming out and why it’s OK to joke about Israel-Gaza
- Peter Capaldi: 'I gave up Doctor Who collection to drink lager and eat curries'
- Fifi Geldof on depression after Robin Williams suicide: 'I wear a permanent mask so I won’t be judged for how I actually feel'
- Sinead O'Connor on Robin Williams suicide and depression: 'It’s a very bad idea, the choice that Robin made'
- Sky News Australia presenter falsely reports police searching the home of Keith Richards, not Cliff Richard, in historic sex offence probe
- Michael J Fox 'stunned' to learn friend Robin Williams had Parkinson's disease
- Robin Williams had Parkinson's disease and was sober when he died, says wife
- Robin Williams dead: Twitter vows to 'better handle tragic situations' after Zelda Rae Williams quits social platform over trolling
- Sir Cliff Richard profile: A career spanning five decades
- Vicky Beeching: 'I've been overwhelmed by support from friends and fans'
- Arlene Martel dead: Star Trek actress dies, aged 78
- Games of Thrones actor JJ Murphy, who died just four days into filming in irreplaceable role, mourned at funeral in Northern Ireland
- Petition calling for Fox News anchor to be sacked reaches 250,000 signatures, after presenter brands Robin Williams 'coward'
- Thalia convinces media that she surgically removed her ribs for a smaller waist by posing with pickled bones in a jar
- Kellie Maloney: 'David Beckham's grooming regime gave me courage during my transition'
- Fox News doctor Keith Ablow: 'Michelle Obama needs to drop a few pounds'
- Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
- Whales and dolphins 'squeal with delight like children', researchers claim
- Asteroid that 'could end human life' is heading for Earth, scientists say
- World's fastest camera captures 4.4 trillion frames a second to watch chemical reactions
- Australia's Great Barrier Reef is still under threat, says first major report in 5 years
- Brian Powell: Elite test pilot involved in pioneering projects during the post-war civil aviation boom
- Charles Keating: Actor who made his name as Rex Mottram in ‘Brideshead Revisited’ before becoming a villainous star of US soaps
- Maurice Bossé: Canadian war veteran of the 'Maisies' who was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal for gallantry
- Dan Borislow: Digital-age inventor whose MagicJack device enabled free online phone calls – and made him millions
- Bel Kaufman: Writer whose bestselling 1965 novel, 'Up the Down Staircase', captured the inanity of high-school rules
- Alex Forbes: Indomitable wing-half who starred in the potent league and cup-winning Arsenal teams of the 1950s
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The internet can be a dangerous place for a depressed teenager – and the law must reflect that
- The truly wonderful thing about being a painter, writer, or musician is escaping the self
- Will the wound of racism ever heal in America?
- Like all hit TV shows, Downton Abbey is cursed to outstay its welcome
- So much for the gambling industry ‘protecting the vulnerable’
- Voices in Danger: The journalists facing death if they return to Russia
- There are still far too many hurdles for transgender sportsmen and women to overcome
- August catch-up: great buildings, momentous events and silly jokes
- Farewell to Navi Pillay, South Africa’s first non-white female judge
- Schools have a responsibility to teach young people about the dangers of pornography
- I’m against the death penalty, but I think we should be free to debate it
- Why should gap years be the exclusive preserve of the young?
- What's more important: skills or grades?
- Schools should stop taking so much credit for their students' grades
- Arming people and bombing them at the same time: that’s some strategy
- It's time for the International Criminal Court to rule on the conduct of the Israeli army
- Luis Suárez's ban has been upheld, but if anything it should have been extended
- Isis supporters are on the streets of London — but the media needs to stop panicking
- i Editor's Letter: On result's day, don't forget all the things in life that aren't graded
- August catch-up: London’s languages, a bet on Boris and the ultimate Venn diagram
- Justice for sale: The growth in private prosecutions is creating a highly undesirable two-tier system
- Hurray levels: The rise in school pupils studying science and maths is welcome, but the value of a degree continues to deflate
- Protection first: There are many ways to make the internet safer for children
- Euro woe: With Ukraine unstable, low Eurozone growth is troubling
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- SeaWorld in US tries to reverse falling audiences after film showing effects of captivity
- Thousands to protest against fracking in Lancashire
- Woodland Trust initiative examines 'Robin Hood' tree's famous roots
- Melting glaciers are caused by man-made global warming, study shows
- The loss of our glaciers is a threat to millions worldwide
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v India Fifth Test: England to guard against a revival as unlikely as theirs
- Indian batsmen decide to take a national holiday at the Oval
- England vs India fifth Test: India’s batting is exposed by James Anderson yet again
- England concerned best players may turn their backs on side because of hectic cricket calendar
- England vs India fifth Test: Bowlers click to knock India on the ropes as five wickets fall in opening session
- England v India Fifth Test: Duncan Fletcher’s reputation on the line as India look to Ishant Sharma for inspiration
- England Women vs India Women Test match report: Charlotte Edwards’ dismissal leads to another collapse
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- So It Goes, Underbelly, Edinburgh, review: 'A perfectly formed fringe-sized gem'
- Sophie Wu, Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh College of Art, review: 'A wicked eye for detail'
- Blind Hamlet, Assembly Roxy, review: 'Feels like a cop-out'
- Cutting Off Kate Bush, Gilded Balloon, review: 'A plucky, poignant tribute'
- Every Brilliant Thing, Summerhall, review: 'One of the most uplifting plays at the Fringe'
- Standby for Tape Back-Up, Summerhall, review: 'Brilliantly pulled off'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A-level results: Students ‘trade up’ their offers for places at UK’s most elite universities
- Student loans do not cover basic costs of living, charity finds
- Record numbers win places at uni but gap between the sexes widens
- A-level results 2014: Students who do better than expected can 'trade up' offers
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
- 3 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London