Day In a Page
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Gays are delinquent deviants who destroy humanity': Kuwait MPs attack Amnesty International for protecting LGBT community
- Fukuppy, Fukushima Industries new mascot, is branding disaster
- In pictures: Eid Al-Adha celebrations around the world
- Putin is a 'proud buff dude' and Russia should not be vilified for anti-gay laws ahead of Sochi Olympic Games, says US swimmer
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Drought followed by brain: How climate change spurred evolution of human intelligence
- Brain treats rejection like physical pain say scientists
- Human ‘mad cow’ disease agent twice as prevalent as previously thought
- Human form of 'mad cow' disease twice as prevalent as previously thought, study reveals
- Hans Riegel: Businessman who transformed Haribo into a global confectionery giant
- Maxine Powell: Head of Tamla Motown's charm school
- The Duchess of Medinaceli: Aristocrat and philanthropist
- Sean Edwards: England's first winner of the Nürburgring 24 Hour Race
- Norman John Gillies: St Kilda evacuee who dedicated himself to preserving its memory
- James Vaught: Soldier who led the abortive rescue of the Tehran hostages
- Johnny Hamilton
- Wilfried Martens: Politician who led nine Belgian governments
- Anthony Hinds: Screenwriter and producer who transformed the fortunes of Hammer Films
- Paul Rogers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Morrissey autobiography: I can’t wait to discover this charming man’s side of the story
- From Tian Tian to the tiger cub: Zoos aren’t, and can never be, the natural world
- England and the World Cup: How happy we’d be if we didn’t insist on winning everything
- Nature Studies: My unexpected first encounter with The Prince in the forest
- So just how evasive did Savile have to be before the police woke up?
- Eleanor Catton is the youngest ever Booker winner. But we judges thought of the book, not the writer
- Inside Westminster: Stop calling me a Blairite
- My name is Kirsty. I'm a Mumsnetter - but it's not just penis beakers we've got an opinion on
- How Grayson Perry and The Reith Lectures will restore your faith in the BBC
- Hate crime awareness week: what we must do to stop any disabled person living in fear
- Andrew Mitchell ‘plebgate’ scandal: Is it possible that police behaved this dishonestly?
- Oprah is wrong. Atheists can experience wonder and awe
- We don't all need to go to university
- Banning party invites unless the whole class can come? Well, not exactly...
- This Government is cutting the poor adrift, and leaving charities to pick up the pieces
- i Editor's Letter: New and improved arts and entertainment coverage
- Top marks, Kenneth Baker. These technical schools are precisely what the nation needs
- Julian Fellowes says reading Shakespeare requires an expensive education. Does he speak in jest?
- Miley Cyrus reaches number one: Where are all the middle-aged men in this debate?
- Basically, I'm with Harris Academy on banning slang, yeah
- England v Poland: Some handy football phrases to talk about the beautiful game with your Polish neighbours
- Our leaders have always misled us about the EU
- Give a warm welcome to China, our new best friend
- Madonna’s rape is her truth and tragedy. And she has the right to speak about it
- Why we must do more to stop wildlife crime
- ‘I don’t have kids of my own – I don’t have a wife or toys, so it wouldn’t work’
- A letter to my 16-year-old self
- A less lethal weapon? As Taser use is rolled out across London, the public has much to fear
- Future First has convinced thousands of people to go back to their schools and talk to pupils
- We must give our young people the skills they need to fill the employment gap
- Life on Marsden: Gambling to beat boredom is not such a winning idea, it turns out
- A glass of Chat-eau blanc? Wine for cats on sale in Japan
- Super Mario comes to your web browser
- Dislike traffic wardens? You'll admire this one's tenacity tackling Hillary Clinton's security...
- US debt ceiling: What's going on? And what are the papers saying?
- Twitter introduces feature to receive direct messages from people you don't follow
- Poll: Was Harris Academy right to ban slang?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leaked video and photos appear to show Google’s Nexus 5 smartphone
- Apple's Jony Ive teams up with Marc Newson to create one-off desk
- Free one year Netflix subscription offered with Nokia Lumia 1020
- Apple cuts iPhone 5c orders as the device is outsold 2-to-1 by the iPhone 5s
- Nike reveals updated Fuelband SE as wearable market predicted to hit $19bn in 2018
- Twitter snubs Nasdaq as it reveals a threefold increase in losses
- Hudl tablet: Move into digital market is a 'significant step in Tesco's data-driven business'
- Microsoft details Xbox One Friends App with Twitter-style friends feed
- Argos launches £99 MyTablet for 8- to 13-year-olds
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- University staff to hold one-day strike over pay
- Young workers paid 'less than a third' of the average weekly wage
- What's the difference between the words 'lie', 'deceive' and 'mislead'? Oxford releases interview questions
- Government plans to overhaul GCSEs and A-levels at the same time will 'wreck' education, says Oxford University's head of admissions
- Leeds students pressure venue to drop ‘Freshers Violation’ club night
- Watch: George Galloway accused of racism by Oxford student waving Israeli flag
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'