Day In a Page
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Gays are delinquent deviants who destroy humanity': Kuwait MPs attack Amnesty International for protecting LGBT community
- Fukuppy, Fukushima Industries new mascot, is branding disaster
- In pictures: Eid Al-Adha celebrations around the world
- Putin is a 'proud buff dude' and Russia should not be vilified for anti-gay laws ahead of Sochi Olympic Games, says US swimmer
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Postcard from... Madrid
- Drought followed by brain: How climate change spurred evolution of human intelligence
- Brain treats rejection like physical pain say scientists
- Human ‘mad cow’ disease agent twice as prevalent as previously thought
- Human form of 'mad cow' disease twice as prevalent as previously thought, study reveals
- Hans Riegel: Businessman who transformed Haribo into a global confectionery giant
- Maxine Powell: Head of Tamla Motown's charm school
- The Duchess of Medinaceli: Aristocrat and philanthropist
- Sean Edwards: England's first winner of the Nürburgring 24 Hour Race
- Norman John Gillies: St Kilda evacuee who dedicated himself to preserving its memory
- James Vaught: Soldier who led the abortive rescue of the Tehran hostages
- Johnny Hamilton
- Wilfried Martens: Politician who led nine Belgian governments
- Anthony Hinds: Screenwriter and producer who transformed the fortunes of Hammer Films
- Paul Rogers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Morrissey autobiography: I can’t wait to discover this charming man’s side of the story
- From Tian Tian to the tiger cub: Zoos aren’t, and can never be, the natural world
- England and the World Cup: How happy we’d be if we didn’t insist on winning everything
- Nature Studies: My unexpected first encounter with The Prince in the forest
- So just how evasive did Savile have to be before the police woke up?
- Eleanor Catton is the youngest ever Booker winner. But we judges thought of the book, not the writer
- Inside Westminster: Stop calling me a Blairite
- My name is Kirsty. I'm a Mumsnetter - but it's not just penis beakers we've got an opinion on
- How Grayson Perry and The Reith Lectures will restore your faith in the BBC
- Hate crime awareness week: what we must do to stop any disabled person living in fear
- Andrew Mitchell ‘plebgate’ scandal: Is it possible that police behaved this dishonestly?
- Oprah is wrong. Atheists can experience wonder and awe
- We don't all need to go to university
- Banning party invites unless the whole class can come? Well, not exactly...
- This Government is cutting the poor adrift, and leaving charities to pick up the pieces
- i Editor's Letter: New and improved arts and entertainment coverage
- Top marks, Kenneth Baker. These technical schools are precisely what the nation needs
- Julian Fellowes says reading Shakespeare requires an expensive education. Does he speak in jest?
- Miley Cyrus reaches number one: Where are all the middle-aged men in this debate?
- Basically, I'm with Harris Academy on banning slang, yeah
- England v Poland: Some handy football phrases to talk about the beautiful game with your Polish neighbours
- Our leaders have always misled us about the EU
- Give a warm welcome to China, our new best friend
- Madonna’s rape is her truth and tragedy. And she has the right to speak about it
- Why we must do more to stop wildlife crime
- ‘I don’t have kids of my own – I don’t have a wife or toys, so it wouldn’t work’
- A letter to my 16-year-old self
- A less lethal weapon? As Taser use is rolled out across London, the public has much to fear
- Future First has convinced thousands of people to go back to their schools and talk to pupils
- We must give our young people the skills they need to fill the employment gap
- Life on Marsden: Gambling to beat boredom is not such a winning idea, it turns out
- A glass of Chat-eau blanc? Wine for cats on sale in Japan
- Super Mario comes to your web browser
- Dislike traffic wardens? You'll admire this one's tenacity tackling Hillary Clinton's security...
- US debt ceiling: What's going on? And what are the papers saying?
- Twitter introduces feature to receive direct messages from people you don't follow
- Poll: Was Harris Academy right to ban slang?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leaked video and photos appear to show Google’s Nexus 5 smartphone
- Apple's Jony Ive teams up with Marc Newson to create one-off desk
- Free one year Netflix subscription offered with Nokia Lumia 1020
- Apple cuts iPhone 5c orders as the device is outsold 2-to-1 by the iPhone 5s
- Nike reveals updated Fuelband SE as wearable market predicted to hit $19bn in 2018
- Twitter snubs Nasdaq as it reveals a threefold increase in losses
- Hudl tablet: Move into digital market is a 'significant step in Tesco's data-driven business'
- Microsoft details Xbox One Friends App with Twitter-style friends feed
- Argos launches £99 MyTablet for 8- to 13-year-olds
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- University staff to hold one-day strike over pay
- Young workers paid 'less than a third' of the average weekly wage
- What's the difference between the words 'lie', 'deceive' and 'mislead'? Oxford releases interview questions
- Government plans to overhaul GCSEs and A-levels at the same time will 'wreck' education, says Oxford University's head of admissions
- Leeds students pressure venue to drop ‘Freshers Violation’ club night
- Watch: George Galloway accused of racism by Oxford student waving Israeli flag
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God