Day In a Page
Thursday, 15 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Missing nine-year-old Daequan George is found "safe and well" after police appeal
- Fossil fuels: UK to 'run out of oil, gas and coal' in five years
- JustGiving criticised for refusing to waive Stephen Sutton £180k commission
- Ukip criticised after European election candidate found employing illegal immigrants
- Ukip's Nigel Farage 'refuses to go on London Live without professional make up-artist'
- Royal Mail celebrates Great British Film with new stamp issue
- People News In Pictures
- World Cup 2014: Powerful images show scale of anger across Brazil
- Turkey coal mine explosion: Violent clashes erupt after disaster kills hundreds
- Top 10 best places for LGTBI rights in Europe
- California wildfires
- Cannes 2014 in pictures
- Man About Town: Cheaper food that’s really hot stuff
- Max Mosley plans to sue Google over newspaper’s pictures of orgy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin might still be living together, legal documents suggest
- Sarah Millican hits back at Twitter trolls who called her 'fat and ugly'
- Daisy Bevan interview: The new face of a fabled dynasty
- Oprah Winfrey sued by 86-year-old nuclear physicist
- Stephen Sutton dies: Teenager has raised £4m
- Scarlett Johansson suing French author for using her likeness in a new book
- Malala Yousafzai images used in controversial Indian mattress advertisement
- Colin Jackson tax avoidance: Olympic hurdler is involved in same scheme as Gary Barlow
- Gary Barlow tax avoidance: Take That singer says 'my financial affairs were chaotic'
- Nick Clegg on debut novel: ‘It is cringingly, toe-curlingly, puce-embarrassingly, pretentious adolescent tripe’
- Nick Clegg: 'I set fire to a cacti collection and I'm not proud of it'
- Morrissey’s Twitter debut is like his autobiography: Superfluous, impenetrable, pretentious and… Weird.
- Under 30s music rich list: Adele tops chart while One Direction makes boyband history
- Malik Bendjelloul suicide: Searching for Sugar Man director took own life, his brother confirms
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Hotel fires employee who sold lift video for $250,000 after five-day bidding war
- Dick Douglas: Truculent politician who started out as Labour's 'Hammer of the Nats' before switching sides and joining the SNP
- Stephen Sutton: Inspirational teenager who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 15 and went on to raise millions for charity
- Eli Woods: Comedian and actor who was a star of music hall with Jimmy James and excelled as Les Dawson's stooge
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- There's you, and then there's the Google version of you. And one day it could take over...
- Who should get credit for declining youth crime? Young people, of course
- Judge the art, not the artist
- European elections 2014: Nerves all round, but Nick Clegg has most to fear
- Cats are for life, not just life-saving situations
- Cups of boiling water and a spoon of tomato puree: Here's what you can learn by living on £1 a day
- Janet Street-Porter: Jackie Kennedy is one of history’s glamorous enigmas — it’s a shame modern stars don’t follow her lead
- Inside Westminster: An ‘NHS tax’ - everybody’s thinking about it, everybody knows it’s inevitable, but nobody will admit as much
- Did you spend National Work from Home Day in the office? Lucky you
- The advertising industry still needs to show more real women
- Errors and Omissions: We hope to see a downturn in the use of upcoming
- Tube Crush: men can be objectified too
- Cannes Film Festival: Where are all the female directors?
- The Supergun plot, murders and a report we can't ignore
- Now at last Lib Dem ministers can say what they really think of their Tory bosses
- It's surprising that the UK didn’t top the most boozy nations chart - we Brits seem to rely on it
- Mark Steel: With no Bulgarians or Romanians, who can Ukip blame now?
- AstraZeneca, please say hello to Pfizer
- It doesn't matter if children call teachers ‘Miss’ and ‘Sir’ at school
- Jack Bauer has changed the way we think about torture
- i Editor's Letter: In "losing his fight with cancer", Stephen Sutton still found a way to win
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Nacer Bouhanni snatches narrow stage win
- Tour of California 2014: Sir Bradley Wiggins retains yellow jersey but Taylor Phinney secures stage five win in impressive fashion
- Tour of California 2014: Sir Bradley Wiggins extends lead over Rohan Dennis as Will Routley wins stage four in Cambria
- Lou Vincent fixing claims overshadow blast-off for ECB's new T20 format
- County players warned after new match-fixing allegations
- Peter Moores prepared to alter his management technique ahead of new era with England
- Stephen Brenkley: Lou Vincent's dirty secrets could clean up the game
- New Zealand Cricket confirm Auckland Aces matches in the 2012 Champions Trophy are being investigated by the ICC after match-fixing allegations
- What a racket: How the latest technological innovation is giving Rafael Nadal an advantage on court
- Rome Masters: Andy Murray comes up short to lose to Rafael Nadal in quarter-finals
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray looks forward to rare Rafael Nadal reunion as practice for French Open
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray defeats Jurgen Melzer to progress to quarter-finals on his 27th birthday
- Rome Masters 2014: Rafael Nadal forced to dig deep as Giles Simon takes the world number one all the way before Spaniard progresses to third round
- Judy Murray wants more women to come through the ranks in Great Britain if they are to be considered a 'strong tennis nation'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Samsung to rebrand Heathrow airport's Terminal 5 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'
- Is this real life or is this just battery? 'Virtual reality for chickens' lets them live free range
- The first advert on the Moon: Japanese soft drink manufacturer will deliver a can of 'Pocari Sweat' to the lunar surface in 2015
- Google chief Eric Schmidt says 'right to be forgotten' ruling has got the balance 'wrong'
- Skylanders and Disney Infinity: How a new breed of video game is blurring the line between the physical and the digital
- HTC launches One M8 Mini 2 with toned-down specs but the same premium build
- First mandatory smartphone 'kill switch' law passed in the US
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: Who'll be the next big thing chosen by Neil Woodford?
- Money alert: Saga's stock market flotation
- Five Questions On: E.on £12m mis-selling fine
- Donald MacInnes: How I came over all funny when I was confronted with money
- Derek Pain: Athelney has turned out to be a trust you can trust
- Mark Dampier: Why try to reinvent investing? Stick to the old-fashioned way
- Money Insider: Which bank will be a credit to customers?
- Bargain Hunter: Tesco 'Days Out' deals cut cost of entry to glittering attractions
- Questions of Cash: British Gas charged me £595 for just eight weeks' gas and electricity
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mother of Cambridge University student advertises for 'talkative blonde' to join her 'busy' son at May Ball
- Chaos at the Oxford Union as president Ben Sullivan returns amidst rape allegations
- Swansea named the university of the year by UK students
- Student Experience Survey 2014: University of Sheffield ranked top for 'student experience'
- Bangor University in a flap as noisy pigeons disrupt exams
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'