Day In a Page
Thursday, 15 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Missing nine-year-old Daequan George is found "safe and well" after police appeal
- Fossil fuels: UK to 'run out of oil, gas and coal' in five years
- JustGiving criticised for refusing to waive Stephen Sutton £180k commission
- Ukip criticised after European election candidate found employing illegal immigrants
- Ukip's Nigel Farage 'refuses to go on London Live without professional make up-artist'
- Royal Mail celebrates Great British Film with new stamp issue
- People News In Pictures
- World Cup 2014: Powerful images show scale of anger across Brazil
- Turkey coal mine explosion: Violent clashes erupt after disaster kills hundreds
- Top 10 best places for LGTBI rights in Europe
- California wildfires
- Cannes 2014 in pictures
- Man About Town: Cheaper food that’s really hot stuff
- Max Mosley plans to sue Google over newspaper’s pictures of orgy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin might still be living together, legal documents suggest
- Sarah Millican hits back at Twitter trolls who called her 'fat and ugly'
- Daisy Bevan interview: The new face of a fabled dynasty
- Oprah Winfrey sued by 86-year-old nuclear physicist
- Stephen Sutton dies: Teenager has raised £4m
- Scarlett Johansson suing French author for using her likeness in a new book
- Malala Yousafzai images used in controversial Indian mattress advertisement
- Colin Jackson tax avoidance: Olympic hurdler is involved in same scheme as Gary Barlow
- Gary Barlow tax avoidance: Take That singer says 'my financial affairs were chaotic'
- Nick Clegg on debut novel: ‘It is cringingly, toe-curlingly, puce-embarrassingly, pretentious adolescent tripe’
- Nick Clegg: 'I set fire to a cacti collection and I'm not proud of it'
- Morrissey’s Twitter debut is like his autobiography: Superfluous, impenetrable, pretentious and… Weird.
- Under 30s music rich list: Adele tops chart while One Direction makes boyband history
- Malik Bendjelloul suicide: Searching for Sugar Man director took own life, his brother confirms
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Hotel fires employee who sold lift video for $250,000 after five-day bidding war
- Dick Douglas: Truculent politician who started out as Labour's 'Hammer of the Nats' before switching sides and joining the SNP
- Stephen Sutton: Inspirational teenager who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 15 and went on to raise millions for charity
- Eli Woods: Comedian and actor who was a star of music hall with Jimmy James and excelled as Les Dawson's stooge
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- There's you, and then there's the Google version of you. And one day it could take over...
- Who should get credit for declining youth crime? Young people, of course
- Judge the art, not the artist
- European elections 2014: Nerves all round, but Nick Clegg has most to fear
- Cats are for life, not just life-saving situations
- Cups of boiling water and a spoon of tomato puree: Here's what you can learn by living on £1 a day
- Janet Street-Porter: Jackie Kennedy is one of history’s glamorous enigmas — it’s a shame modern stars don’t follow her lead
- Inside Westminster: An ‘NHS tax’ - everybody’s thinking about it, everybody knows it’s inevitable, but nobody will admit as much
- Did you spend National Work from Home Day in the office? Lucky you
- The advertising industry still needs to show more real women
- Errors and Omissions: We hope to see a downturn in the use of upcoming
- Tube Crush: men can be objectified too
- Cannes Film Festival: Where are all the female directors?
- The Supergun plot, murders and a report we can't ignore
- Now at last Lib Dem ministers can say what they really think of their Tory bosses
- It's surprising that the UK didn’t top the most boozy nations chart - we Brits seem to rely on it
- Mark Steel: With no Bulgarians or Romanians, who can Ukip blame now?
- AstraZeneca, please say hello to Pfizer
- It doesn't matter if children call teachers ‘Miss’ and ‘Sir’ at school
- Jack Bauer has changed the way we think about torture
- i Editor's Letter: In "losing his fight with cancer", Stephen Sutton still found a way to win
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Nacer Bouhanni snatches narrow stage win
- Tour of California 2014: Sir Bradley Wiggins retains yellow jersey but Taylor Phinney secures stage five win in impressive fashion
- Tour of California 2014: Sir Bradley Wiggins extends lead over Rohan Dennis as Will Routley wins stage four in Cambria
- Lou Vincent fixing claims overshadow blast-off for ECB's new T20 format
- County players warned after new match-fixing allegations
- Peter Moores prepared to alter his management technique ahead of new era with England
- Stephen Brenkley: Lou Vincent's dirty secrets could clean up the game
- New Zealand Cricket confirm Auckland Aces matches in the 2012 Champions Trophy are being investigated by the ICC after match-fixing allegations
- What a racket: How the latest technological innovation is giving Rafael Nadal an advantage on court
- Rome Masters: Andy Murray comes up short to lose to Rafael Nadal in quarter-finals
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray looks forward to rare Rafael Nadal reunion as practice for French Open
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray defeats Jurgen Melzer to progress to quarter-finals on his 27th birthday
- Rome Masters 2014: Rafael Nadal forced to dig deep as Giles Simon takes the world number one all the way before Spaniard progresses to third round
- Judy Murray wants more women to come through the ranks in Great Britain if they are to be considered a 'strong tennis nation'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Samsung to rebrand Heathrow airport's Terminal 5 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'
- Is this real life or is this just battery? 'Virtual reality for chickens' lets them live free range
- The first advert on the Moon: Japanese soft drink manufacturer will deliver a can of 'Pocari Sweat' to the lunar surface in 2015
- Google chief Eric Schmidt says 'right to be forgotten' ruling has got the balance 'wrong'
- Skylanders and Disney Infinity: How a new breed of video game is blurring the line between the physical and the digital
- HTC launches One M8 Mini 2 with toned-down specs but the same premium build
- First mandatory smartphone 'kill switch' law passed in the US
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: Who'll be the next big thing chosen by Neil Woodford?
- Money alert: Saga's stock market flotation
- Five Questions On: E.on £12m mis-selling fine
- Donald MacInnes: How I came over all funny when I was confronted with money
- Derek Pain: Athelney has turned out to be a trust you can trust
- Mark Dampier: Why try to reinvent investing? Stick to the old-fashioned way
- Money Insider: Which bank will be a credit to customers?
- Bargain Hunter: Tesco 'Days Out' deals cut cost of entry to glittering attractions
- Questions of Cash: British Gas charged me £595 for just eight weeks' gas and electricity
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mother of Cambridge University student advertises for 'talkative blonde' to join her 'busy' son at May Ball
- Chaos at the Oxford Union as president Ben Sullivan returns amidst rape allegations
- Swansea named the university of the year by UK students
- Student Experience Survey 2014: University of Sheffield ranked top for 'student experience'
- Bangor University in a flap as noisy pigeons disrupt exams
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more