Day In a Page
Friday, 15 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Baby names: The Breaking Bad effect
- The animals that prove mother nature is truly disgusting
- i100: That North Korean viral video you've been sharing? It's basically propaganda
- i100: These poignant cartoons are the lost and found art of a British prisoner of war
- Lifehacks that will only make your life worse
- 11 signs we live in a rape culture
- Tig Notaro on standing up, coming out and why it’s OK to joke about Israel-Gaza
- Peter Capaldi: 'I gave up Doctor Who collection to drink lager and eat curries'
- Fifi Geldof on depression after Robin Williams suicide: 'I wear a permanent mask so I won’t be judged for how I actually feel'
- Sinead O'Connor on Robin Williams suicide and depression: 'It’s a very bad idea, the choice that Robin made'
- Sky News Australia presenter falsely reports police searching the home of Keith Richards, not Cliff Richard, in historic sex offence probe
- Michael J Fox 'stunned' to learn friend Robin Williams had Parkinson's disease
- Brian Powell: Elite test pilot involved in pioneering projects during the post-war civil aviation boom
- Charles Keating: Actor who made his name as Rex Mottram in ‘Brideshead Revisited’ before becoming a villainous star of US soaps
- Maurice Bossé: Canadian war veteran of the 'Maisies' who was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal for gallantry
- Dan Borislow: Digital-age inventor whose MagicJack device enabled free online phone calls – and made him millions
- Bel Kaufman: Writer whose bestselling 1965 novel, 'Up the Down Staircase', captured the inanity of high-school rules
- Alex Forbes: Indomitable wing-half who starred in the potent league and cup-winning Arsenal teams of the 1950s
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- When it comes to making summer sporting predictions, it pays to trust the experts
- The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- The internet can be a dangerous place for a depressed teenager – and the law must reflect that
- The truly wonderful thing about being a painter, writer, or musician is escaping the self
- Will the wound of racism ever heal in America?
- Like all hit TV shows, Downton Abbey is cursed to outstay its welcome
- So much for the gambling industry ‘protecting the vulnerable’
- Voices in Danger: The journalists facing death if they return to Russia
- There are still far too many hurdles for transgender sportsmen and women to overcome
- August catch-up: great buildings, momentous events and silly jokes
- Alison Taylor: It's pursue pursue pursue, like a lovesick puppy, then make like a dead person and disappear
- Tim Key: I wouldn't say I've travelled the world to listen to karaoke, but...
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: I've spent the past half an hour on the receiving end of my daughter's death stare
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India fifth Test: Gary Ballance praises Joe Root as England's standout star through the summer following latest salvage
- England Women vs India Women match report: Women’s loss has positives
- England vs India fifth Test: Quiet optimism among the rebuilding work
- Andrew Strauss suggests England players questioned Saeed Ajmal's bowling action
- England vs India fifth Test report: Joe Root assumes command as bold England scent victory
- Indian batsmen decide to take a national holiday at the Oval
- England vs India fifth Test: India’s batting is exposed by James Anderson yet again
- England concerned best players may turn their backs on side because of hectic cricket calendar
- England vs India fifth Test: Bowlers click to knock India on the ropes as five wickets fall in opening session
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- So It Goes, Underbelly, Edinburgh, review: 'A perfectly formed fringe-sized gem'
- Sophie Wu, Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh College of Art, review: 'A wicked eye for detail'
- Blind Hamlet, Assembly Roxy, review: 'Feels like a cop-out'
- Cutting Off Kate Bush, Gilded Balloon, review: 'A plucky, poignant tribute'
- Every Brilliant Thing, Summerhall, review: 'One of the most uplifting plays at the Fringe'
- Standby for Tape Back-Up, Summerhall, review: 'Brilliantly pulled off'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money alert: Overdrafts at HSBC and First Direct
- Donald MacInnes: So why are we finally buying a house? Just so I can have a dog
- Peer-to-peer returns put Nisas to shame
- Bargain Hunter: Find a football deal that suits you - without paying the penalty
- 'Dismal' eurozone data sparks concerns
- How couples can protect their financial interests when cohabiting
- Derek Pain: Investing is a marathon, not a quick gallop at the St Leger
- Mark Dampier: Follow the fund manager who invests flexibly across the market
- Questions of Cash: The homes say affordable but I still can't get a mortgage
- Simon Read: Can't save or won't save? We just can't afford to put it off
- Simon Read: From food banks to financial help
- Savings woes for millions prompts demand for Government action
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia