Day In a Page
Friday, 15 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Baby names: The Breaking Bad effect
- The animals that prove mother nature is truly disgusting
- i100: That North Korean viral video you've been sharing? It's basically propaganda
- i100: These poignant cartoons are the lost and found art of a British prisoner of war
- Lifehacks that will only make your life worse
- 11 signs we live in a rape culture
- Tig Notaro on standing up, coming out and why it’s OK to joke about Israel-Gaza
- Peter Capaldi: 'I gave up Doctor Who collection to drink lager and eat curries'
- Fifi Geldof on depression after Robin Williams suicide: 'I wear a permanent mask so I won’t be judged for how I actually feel'
- Sinead O'Connor on Robin Williams suicide and depression: 'It’s a very bad idea, the choice that Robin made'
- Sky News Australia presenter falsely reports police searching the home of Keith Richards, not Cliff Richard, in historic sex offence probe
- Michael J Fox 'stunned' to learn friend Robin Williams had Parkinson's disease
- Brian Powell: Elite test pilot involved in pioneering projects during the post-war civil aviation boom
- Charles Keating: Actor who made his name as Rex Mottram in ‘Brideshead Revisited’ before becoming a villainous star of US soaps
- Maurice Bossé: Canadian war veteran of the 'Maisies' who was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal for gallantry
- Dan Borislow: Digital-age inventor whose MagicJack device enabled free online phone calls – and made him millions
- Bel Kaufman: Writer whose bestselling 1965 novel, 'Up the Down Staircase', captured the inanity of high-school rules
- Alex Forbes: Indomitable wing-half who starred in the potent league and cup-winning Arsenal teams of the 1950s
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- When it comes to making summer sporting predictions, it pays to trust the experts
- The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- The internet can be a dangerous place for a depressed teenager – and the law must reflect that
- The truly wonderful thing about being a painter, writer, or musician is escaping the self
- Will the wound of racism ever heal in America?
- Like all hit TV shows, Downton Abbey is cursed to outstay its welcome
- So much for the gambling industry ‘protecting the vulnerable’
- Voices in Danger: The journalists facing death if they return to Russia
- There are still far too many hurdles for transgender sportsmen and women to overcome
- August catch-up: great buildings, momentous events and silly jokes
- Alison Taylor: It's pursue pursue pursue, like a lovesick puppy, then make like a dead person and disappear
- Tim Key: I wouldn't say I've travelled the world to listen to karaoke, but...
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: I've spent the past half an hour on the receiving end of my daughter's death stare
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India fifth Test: Gary Ballance praises Joe Root as England's standout star through the summer following latest salvage
- England Women vs India Women match report: Women’s loss has positives
- England vs India fifth Test: Quiet optimism among the rebuilding work
- Andrew Strauss suggests England players questioned Saeed Ajmal's bowling action
- England vs India fifth Test report: Joe Root assumes command as bold England scent victory
- Indian batsmen decide to take a national holiday at the Oval
- England vs India fifth Test: India’s batting is exposed by James Anderson yet again
- England concerned best players may turn their backs on side because of hectic cricket calendar
- England vs India fifth Test: Bowlers click to knock India on the ropes as five wickets fall in opening session
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- So It Goes, Underbelly, Edinburgh, review: 'A perfectly formed fringe-sized gem'
- Sophie Wu, Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh College of Art, review: 'A wicked eye for detail'
- Blind Hamlet, Assembly Roxy, review: 'Feels like a cop-out'
- Cutting Off Kate Bush, Gilded Balloon, review: 'A plucky, poignant tribute'
- Every Brilliant Thing, Summerhall, review: 'One of the most uplifting plays at the Fringe'
- Standby for Tape Back-Up, Summerhall, review: 'Brilliantly pulled off'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money alert: Overdrafts at HSBC and First Direct
- Donald MacInnes: So why are we finally buying a house? Just so I can have a dog
- Peer-to-peer returns put Nisas to shame
- Bargain Hunter: Find a football deal that suits you - without paying the penalty
- 'Dismal' eurozone data sparks concerns
- How couples can protect their financial interests when cohabiting
- Derek Pain: Investing is a marathon, not a quick gallop at the St Leger
- Mark Dampier: Follow the fund manager who invests flexibly across the market
- Questions of Cash: The homes say affordable but I still can't get a mortgage
- Simon Read: Can't save or won't save? We just can't afford to put it off
- Simon Read: From food banks to financial help
- Savings woes for millions prompts demand for Government action
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson