Day In a Page
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Colombian writer and Nobel laureate dies aged 87
- Peaches Geldof funeral: Private ceremony to be held at same place as her mother Paula Yates on Easter Monday
- George Alagiah diagnosed with cancer: Presenter of the BBC News at Six and Ten to break from on air duties to undergo treatment
- Royal Tour 2014: Two men searched after allegedly harassing well-wishers waiting for Kate and William in New South Wales
- Duchess of Cambridge poses for shock selfie on seemingly endless royal tour of Australasia
- Obama selfie alive and well: US Vice President Joe Biden joins Instagram with limo shot
- Hollande's affair: Catherine Deneuve and Sophie Marceau in war of words over President's relationship with Julie Gayet
- Bryan Singer: X-Men director denies allegations that he sexual assaulted a young actor at a party as 'completely without merit'
- Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- Are beards attractive? Ryan Gosling says yes, but science says no. Take the A-list facial hair challenge and find out who's right
- Paul Weller wins damages from the MailOnline on behalf of his children for 'plastering' site with images of them
- Peaches Geldof dead: Australia’s Next Top Model judging role lined up for star following suicide of model mentor Charlotte Dawson
- Lana Del Rey: 'West Coast' singer's entourage sued for $1million over alleged knife attack
- Was Miley Cyrus hospitalised due to severe allergic reaction to fame and over-promotion?
- Prince George dubbed 'the Republican slayer' in Australia
- The moment of conception: Scientists isolate protein that governs first contact between egg and sperm
- Earth 2.0? Astronomers reveal Kepler-186f, the latest planet in a habitable 'Goldilocks zone'
- Artists brains are 'structurally different' claims new study
- Killer shrimp and knotweed: EU blacklist to combat alien species costing UK £1.7bn
- What does the way you sleep say about your relationship?
- Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
- Saturn's expecting: New images suggest that the planet is about to 'give birth' to a new moon
- Wally Olins: Authority on branding and corporate identity who changed way companies and even countries think of themselves
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Author and journalist who led the South American literary boom and won the Nobel Prize
- Riz Ortolani: Composer who wrote for over 200 films and whose work was championed by Quentin Tarantino
- ANR Robinson: Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago who survived a bloody coup attempt by a radical Muslim group
- Arthur Bellamy: Burnley's midfield stalwart who went on to serve the club as assistant manager, coach and head groundsman
- Major-General Logan Scott-Bowden: Royal Engineer who carried out perilous reconnaissance work on the beaches of Normandy in the run-up to D-Day
- Edna Doré : Matriarch of the Butcher family in 'EastEnders' who won an award for her role in Mike Leigh's 'High Hopes'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Berlusconi roadshow is disintegrating
- Ukraine crisis: Deals brokered in a distant land are not going to satisfy protesters
- The Mirror's photo of a crying child isn't what it seems, but that doesn't make it a hoax
- The Mirror's photo of a crying child isn't what it seems, but this is no hoax
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: The supreme storyteller, he changed his country’s reality
- There is far too much sexism in the UK - but a point scoring system against other countries won't help to tackle it
- Upmarket and downmarket – why the modern consumer loves a bit of both
- In Syria, rebel attacks in the north reflect a number of important changes
- Mark Steel: What a triumph! We’ve persuaded Starbucks to relocate its European headquarters to Britain. Mine’s an extra shot of tax avoidance
- David Cameron needs to tread very carefully when ‘doing God’, especially when it looks like a way of countering Ukip
- The tell tale signs that I'm turning into my father
- Keep civil partnerships: marriage shouldn't be the only option for any couple seeking legal recognition and rights
- Britain's youngest mum is lucky to have a father who is supporting her while society condemns
- It’s two decades since ‘education, education, education’, but still Britain’s primary school admissions are a farce
- How Labour would reform the Work Capability Assessment
- We could have had a proper debate about sexism after Rashida Manjoo's comments. Instead, we’re fencing over a media-garbled paraphrase
- Usborne in the USA: From Wild West to tame Upper Eastside – two different Americas
- The ICC is in danger of losing its way. A new charge – crimes against democracy – would revitalise it
- Banksy perfectly embodies our transitory age, but who cares? He is, most of all, an heroic anti-hero
- It isn’t a proper rock gig if you don’t leave with your ears ringing
- Bubble or no, it's a great time to be an estate agent
- i Editor’s Letter: Britain isn't the most sexist country in the world
- i Editor's Letter: Wages are on the rise (so long as you skew the figures)
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mickey Arthur: Aussie tells ECB to stick with Ashley Giles
- Peter Moores and Mark Robinson 'double act' in frame to lead England
- Anti-climax as new Kevin Pietersen era is put on hold by injury
- Ed Joyce says Chris Jordan is ready for Tests as Sussex set the pace
- Joyce drives Sussex to brink of unlikely win
- County Championship round-up: Test opener-in-waiting Sam Robson his England prospects no harm at Lord's
- County Championship round-up: Durham's bowling attack in rude health
- F1: Nico Rosberg confirms clear-the-air talks with Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton after thrilling Bahrain battle
- F1: Romain Grosjean reveals pay difficulties with Lotus have been resolved but admits financial concerns were a worry
- F1: Last few years have taught Mercedes how to be a success, admits Toto Wolff ahead of Chinese Grand Prix
- Fancy yourself as the next Sebastian Vettel? Prove it behind the wheel as Lets Race offers you the chance to transfer your skill from the TV to the track
- Monte Carlo Masters: Rafael Nadal infuriated by umpire's crackdown on his slow play
- Rafa Nadal to reign? Ten issues clay courts will serve up this season
- Laura Robson: British No 1 to miss the French Open and Wimbledon after deciding to have wrist surgery
- Martina Navratilova and Andy Murray turn out in support of cancer-stricken Elena Baltacha
- Monte Carlo Masters: Ruthless Novak Djokovic eases back with a win
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook: Taking on PayPal with socially useful banking
- Heartbleed: First arrest made of 19-year-old Canadian for Heartbleed hack
- Would you pay £27 a month for unlimited coffee? New app offers caffeine subscriptions
- Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
- Sony hits 7 million sales for the PS4 - continues to out-sell Microsoft's Xbox One by a third
- Europe's largest publisher accuses Google of creating a digital 'superstate'
- Neil Young's Pono music player becomes the 3rd most funded product on Kickstarter, but can you even hear the difference?
- Floating wind turbines could provide cheap energy in far-flung corners of the world
- Call of Duty Ghosts DLC: Snoop Dogg voices multiplayer - 'cap 'em and shank 'em'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'