Day In a Page
Saturday, 16 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The world’s friendliest cities: Melbourne and Auckland named the best places to put a smile on your face
- Russia wins tank biathlon, but escalating tensions leave competition limited
- Ebola outbreak: Millionaire preacher TB Joshua 'sends 4,000 bottles of holy water to Sierra Leone as cure'
- Postcard from... Galicia
- George RR Martin on Scottish independence: 'I've suggested building a giant wall of ice between the two nations'
- Game of Thrones' George RR Martin wants to 'burn out every camera phone in the world'
- Parkinson's drugs to blame for Robin Williams' death claims Rob Schneider: 'One of the side effects is suicide!'
- Gene Simmons apologises for remark telling depression sufferers to kill themselves
- Justin Timberlake sings 'Happy Birthday' to eight-year-old boy with autism
- Dr Robin Carhart-Harris is the first scientist in over 40 years to test LSD on humans - and you're next
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- When it comes to making summer sporting predictions, it pays to trust the experts
- Fear brings the enemies of Isis together at last
- The new death etiquette: short, shared, shallow
- Iraq crisis: A spineless lack of leadership, an abject lack of strategy
- On tuition fees, we ain't seen nothing yet
- The complexity of events in the Middle East is daunting. But oversimplification is to be avoided
- In Sickness and in Health: Listening to my husband swear again is music to my ears
- Don't give us "special measures" – give us back the NHS we know and love
- Who will take on Hilary Clinton in 2016 – and how will they beat her?
- Poor old Cliff Richard is the latest to fall victim to the curse of being Tony Blair’s pal
- The tragic tale of Tilbury's migrants exposes the hopelessness of our immigration system
- If Iraq is to survive, then it must be divided into separate regions
- We wouldn't need to recall Parliament if it worked on the same schedule as the rest of us do
- What a rising demand for the sperm of IDF soldiers and a "fun" questionnaire reveal about Israel
- The shooting of Michael Brown proves (once again) how racial stereotyping can lead to murder
- Is Barack Obama just swinging out his reign?
- My night on a perilous mercy mission to Mount Sinjar with the RAF
- Humans need not apply: The future of jobs is robot-shaped
- To the frontier of knowledge, on an inflatable
- Chopper bikes are not my kind of retro
- Community spirit? Sikhs and Lord Suri
- Still doing it backwards, and in high heels?
- The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- Making pins for Nigel: A spiky issue for Farage's press office
- DJ Taylor: Arch manipulator Trisha Parkinson constantly demands that a fuss should not be made
- Middle Class Problems: Allotment etiquette is tricky - maybe it's time to renew the organic veg-box order?
- Alison Taylor: It's pursue pursue pursue, like a lovesick puppy, then make like a dead person and disappear
- Tim Key: I wouldn't say I've travelled the world to listen to karaoke, but...
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: I've spent the past half an hour on the receiving end of my daughter's death stare
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India match report: Assertive England complete the humiliation of India in short order
- Yorkshire build on Williamson’s fortune to put vital win in reach
- England vs India: Alastair Cook reveals wife convinced him to remain captain
- England vs India comment: Quick changes in fortune should perhaps not come as such a surprise
- Kane Williamson reprieve could be key title moment for Yorkshire
- England vs India fifth Test: Gary Ballance praises Joe Root as England's standout star through the summer following latest salvage
- England Women vs India Women match report: Women’s loss has positives
- England vs India fifth Test: Quiet optimism among the rebuilding work
- Andrew Strauss suggests England players questioned Saeed Ajmal's bowling action
- England vs India fifth Test report: Joe Root assumes command as bold England scent victory
- England vs India: Latest report from the Fifth Test
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money alert: Overdrafts at HSBC and First Direct
- Donald MacInnes: So why are we finally buying a house? Just so I can have a dog
- Peer-to-peer returns put Nisas to shame
- Bargain Hunter: Find a football deal that suits you - without paying the penalty
- 'Dismal' eurozone data sparks concerns
- How couples can protect their financial interests when cohabiting
- Derek Pain: Investing is a marathon, not a quick gallop at the St Leger
- Mark Dampier: Follow the fund manager who invests flexibly across the market
- Questions of Cash: The homes say affordable but I still can't get a mortgage
- Simon Read: Can't save or won't save? We just can't afford to put it off
- Simon Read: From food banks to financial help
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football