Day In a Page
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jesus is 'returning to Earth with a gun', says former US General
- Newsreader Brian Williams doing Rapper's Delight is a feat of editing
- Video: West-Virginia Pizza Hut shut down after employee caught peeing in sink
- Giant squid seen as an 'omen' by Japanese fisherman
- Pranksters pull off convincing Olympic Torch hoax in New York City
- Cows make more milk when listening to slow jams
- Fifty Shades of Grey bear with handcuffs deemed 'safe for all ages' goes on sale
- First came Rickrolling, now Piña Colliding
- Viking apocalypse: End of the world predicted to happen on Saturday (but don't cancel your weekend plans yet)
- Video of goats balancing on wobbly metal sheet could melt the gruffest of hearts
- Ken Jones: Stage and screen all-rounder who acted in groundbreaking new drama and created the prison snitch in 'Porridge'
- Christopher Malcolm: Star of 'The Rocky Horror Show' who produced tours of the musical, West End hits and alternative theatre
- Erik Blegvad: Artist whose admiration for children's literature inspired drawings of great charm and translations of classic tales
- Kathryn Findlay: Designer of curved and tactile buildings combining practicality with an organic or other-worldly presence
- Ralph Waite: Patriarch in 'The Waltons' who led his screen family through the hardships that fuelled his political vision
- Samantha Juste: 'Disc maid' on 'Top of the Pops' who wrote for teenage girls and launched a range of fashion and jewellery
- Christopher Barry: Creator of hit series 'All Creatures Great and Small' and 'The Onedin Line' who ushered Daleks into British homes
- Mark Bennett: Downing Street insider who went on to lead a local authority and spearhead life-enhancing projects
- Rowan LeCompte: Artist who taught himself a medieval craft and created windows that reflected both ancient and modern beliefs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Evgeny Lebedev: After years of poaching, there's hope at last for the future of Africa's elephants
- A huge help for these noble creatures
- Fly-unders are the future
- Can slow justice deal with these eye-watering cuts?
- No animal deserves to be a live target
- Is it too much to ask for access to a toilet when I travel by train?
- Why the priests are right to take on our Government over welfare
- No government can serve its citizens properly while outsourcing on the scale that this one does. It’s time the practice stopped
- Now even David Bowie’s ganging up on the Scots. Is this how to stop independence?
- Burma’s democratic reforms have fooled the foreigners, but for villagers not much has changed
- New study shows one in four Americans don't know the Earth orbits the Sun. Are we better educated on science in the UK?
- The most boring Brit Awards in history
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus - day four
- Different times, different victims: We're shocked at the legal structures that underpinned slavery, but what of the system that keeps millions poor today?
- The lesson from Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp? Never rest
- So why did Facebook pay a staggering $19bn for WhatsApp?
- The police officers who called a woman a “f****** slag” on her voicemail show exactly why victims fear coming forward to report domestic violence
- Beckham's got balls
- i Editor's Letter: Improving our personal finance coverage
- Mohammad Asghar case: An open letter to Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain
- Mohammad Asghar case: To a Muslim of Pakistani heritage, this is a disgrace
- Usborne in the USA: A new pandemic sweeps America - Obsessive Anti-Hillary Syndrome
- Cossacks using whips to clear members of Pussy Riot off the streets of Sochi? Who are these brutal enforcers?
- Use films to teach history? Only if kids need a lesson in historical half-truths
- Of course negative stereotypes about teenagers harm their job prospects. Most teens want to work
- Owen Jones: The reality behind the job stats
- Owen Jones: The drug we ignore that kills thousands
- Not for entertainment: 12 Years a Slave's no laughing matter
- Ukraine: What's happening? And how will it end?
- Gender inequality isn't just a female problem
- The left has a blind spot on Venezuela. When will it acknowledge that Chavez's socialist dream has turned into a nightmare?
- For Wayne Rooney, unlike Daniel Sturridge, it's not easy being a Christian footballer
- i Editor's Letter: Life sentences get a new ruling
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lemurs could be extinct 'very soon' experts warn
- UK weather: British coasts suffer years of erosion in 'hours' of storms, says National Trust
- More sinkholes will open up across Britain as the effects of flooding continue, warns British Geological Survey
- The financial toll of the floods: Britain is second most economically vulnerable country in Europe to extreme weather
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB win fourth medal in Sochi after Eve Muirhead's women curlers clinch bronze
- Winter Olympics 2014: David Murdoch inspires Great Britain to clinch place in men's curling final
- Winter Olympics 2014: After demanding medals, Vladimir Putin looks on as Russia are knocked out of ice hockey tournament
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB women curlers must focus on bronze after losing semi-final to Canada
- Winter Olympics 2014: Bode Miller bows out of Winter Games after he confirms he will not compete in Friday's slalom
- Winter Olympics 2014: Lizzie Yarnold gold post box petition receives tens of thousands of signatures overnight
- Video: 'Wolf in my hall?!?' Olympic US athlete Kate Hansen films animal roaming Sochi hotel
- Ski flying: the gnarlier, even more dangerous, faceplant-ridden 1980s cousin to Sochi's jumps
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scotland’s Lewis and Harris named best island in Europe – and comes in at number five in the world
- Ryanair Flight 8347: Man videos 11-hour delay
- Foreign office Egypt advice means 'lockdown' for tourists
- UK Foreign Office issues new advice on travel to Egypt in wake of terror attack on tourist bus
- Airport shopping: Come buy with me
- Travel Deals: From sunshine in Spain to end of season skiing
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nottingham University lecturer apologises after being caught calling students 'semi-literate' and an 'idiot' on Facebook
- British academic claims to have made a breakthrough in his quest to unlock the 600-year-old secrets of the mysterious Voynich Manuscript
- SOAS cleaning staff to strike over pay and conditions
- Leading Cambridge dons call for a new approach to beat the gender gap in top university jobs
- Video: Edward Snowden tells Oxford students that Government secrets undermine democracy
- President Obama sends hand-written apology to professor after mocking history of art degrees
- For science! London university turns laboratory into a pub to study students' drinking habits
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127