Day In a Page
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jesus is 'returning to Earth with a gun', says former US General
- Newsreader Brian Williams doing Rapper's Delight is a feat of editing
- Video: West-Virginia Pizza Hut shut down after employee caught peeing in sink
- Giant squid seen as an 'omen' by Japanese fisherman
- Pranksters pull off convincing Olympic Torch hoax in New York City
- Cows make more milk when listening to slow jams
- Fifty Shades of Grey bear with handcuffs deemed 'safe for all ages' goes on sale
- First came Rickrolling, now Piña Colliding
- Viking apocalypse: End of the world predicted to happen on Saturday (but don't cancel your weekend plans yet)
- Video of goats balancing on wobbly metal sheet could melt the gruffest of hearts
- Ken Jones: Stage and screen all-rounder who acted in groundbreaking new drama and created the prison snitch in 'Porridge'
- Kathryn Findlay: Designer of curved and tactile buildings combining practicality with an organic or other-worldly presence
- Christopher Malcolm: Star of 'The Rocky Horror Show' who produced tours of the musical, West End hits and alternative theatre
- Erik Blegvad: Artist whose admiration for children's literature inspired drawings of great charm and translations of classic tales
- Ralph Waite: Patriarch in 'The Waltons' who led his screen family through the hardships that fuelled his political vision
- Samantha Juste: 'Disc maid' on 'Top of the Pops' who wrote for teenage girls and launched a range of fashion and jewellery
- Christopher Barry: Creator of hit series 'All Creatures Great and Small' and 'The Onedin Line' who ushered Daleks into British homes
- Mark Bennett: Downing Street insider who went on to lead a local authority and spearhead life-enhancing projects
- Rowan LeCompte: Artist who taught himself a medieval craft and created windows that reflected both ancient and modern beliefs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Evgeny Lebedev: After years of poaching, there's hope at last for the future of Africa's elephants
- A huge help for these noble creatures
- Fly-unders are the future
- Can slow justice deal with these eye-watering cuts?
- No animal deserves to be a live target
- Is it too much to ask for access to a toilet when I travel by train?
- Why the priests are right to take on our Government over welfare
- No government can serve its citizens properly while outsourcing on the scale that this one does. It’s time the practice stopped
- Now even David Bowie’s ganging up on the Scots. Is this how to stop independence?
- Burma’s democratic reforms have fooled the foreigners, but for villagers not much has changed
- New study shows one in four Americans don't know the Earth orbits the Sun. Are we better educated on science in the UK?
- The most boring Brit Awards in history
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus - day four
- Different times, different victims: We're shocked at the legal structures that underpinned slavery, but what of the system that keeps millions poor today?
- The lesson from Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp? Never rest
- So why did Facebook pay a staggering $19bn for WhatsApp?
- The police officers who called a woman a “f****** slag” on her voicemail show exactly why victims fear coming forward to report domestic violence
- Beckham's got balls
- i Editor's Letter: Improving our personal finance coverage
- Mohammad Asghar case: An open letter to Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain
- Mohammad Asghar case: To a Muslim of Pakistani heritage, this is a disgrace
- Usborne in the USA: A new pandemic sweeps America - Obsessive Anti-Hillary Syndrome
- Cossacks using whips to clear members of Pussy Riot off the streets of Sochi? Who are these brutal enforcers?
- Use films to teach history? Only if kids need a lesson in historical half-truths
- Of course negative stereotypes about teenagers harm their job prospects. Most teens want to work
- Owen Jones: The reality behind the job stats
- Owen Jones: The drug we ignore that kills thousands
- Not for entertainment: 12 Years a Slave's no laughing matter
- Ukraine: What's happening? And how will it end?
- Gender inequality isn't just a female problem
- The left has a blind spot on Venezuela. When will it acknowledge that Chavez's socialist dream has turned into a nightmare?
- For Wayne Rooney, unlike Daniel Sturridge, it's not easy being a Christian footballer
- i Editor's Letter: Life sentences get a new ruling
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lemurs could be extinct 'very soon' experts warn
- UK weather: British coasts suffer years of erosion in 'hours' of storms, says National Trust
- More sinkholes will open up across Britain as the effects of flooding continue, warns British Geological Survey
- The financial toll of the floods: Britain is second most economically vulnerable country in Europe to extreme weather
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB win fourth medal in Sochi after Eve Muirhead's women curlers clinch bronze
- Winter Olympics 2014: David Murdoch inspires Great Britain to clinch place in men's curling final
- Winter Olympics 2014: After demanding medals, Vladimir Putin looks on as Russia are knocked out of ice hockey tournament
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB women curlers must focus on bronze after losing semi-final to Canada
- Winter Olympics 2014: Bode Miller bows out of Winter Games after he confirms he will not compete in Friday's slalom
- Winter Olympics 2014: Lizzie Yarnold gold post box petition receives tens of thousands of signatures overnight
- Video: 'Wolf in my hall?!?' Olympic US athlete Kate Hansen films animal roaming Sochi hotel
- Ski flying: the gnarlier, even more dangerous, faceplant-ridden 1980s cousin to Sochi's jumps
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scotland’s Lewis and Harris named best island in Europe – and comes in at number five in the world
- Ryanair Flight 8347: Man videos 11-hour delay
- Foreign office Egypt advice means 'lockdown' for tourists
- UK Foreign Office issues new advice on travel to Egypt in wake of terror attack on tourist bus
- Airport shopping: Come buy with me
- Travel Deals: From sunshine in Spain to end of season skiing
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nottingham University lecturer apologises after being caught calling students 'semi-literate' and an 'idiot' on Facebook
- British academic claims to have made a breakthrough in his quest to unlock the 600-year-old secrets of the mysterious Voynich Manuscript
- SOAS cleaning staff to strike over pay and conditions
- Leading Cambridge dons call for a new approach to beat the gender gap in top university jobs
- Video: Edward Snowden tells Oxford students that Government secrets undermine democracy
- President Obama sends hand-written apology to professor after mocking history of art degrees
- For science! London university turns laboratory into a pub to study students' drinking habits
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 Chinese authorities arrest 11 people over exhuming woman’s body to sell as corpse bride
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it