Day In a Page
Wednesday, 19 March 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Fallas Festival in Spain
- Zoo in Germany presents polar bear cubs
- Zoo in Germany presents polar bear cubs
- French photographer creates photo mosaic along the river bank
- Lad - the dog who lost his jaw
- The world's biggest baby
- Spring equinox celebrations
- Budget 2014: George Osborne's speech - analysis, summary and reactions
- Life inside one of the largest 'favela' complexes in Rio de Janeiro
- Celebrity first tweets: From caustic Katie Hopkins to serial selfie snapper Ed Miliband
- International Day Of Happiness: Here’s Sir Patrick Stewart juggling balls, posing as a lobster and breaking the internet
- Russell Brand delivers plea to the UN: Drugs ban leads to 'death, suffering and crime'
- Bill Gates: 'Our children won't be left billion-dollar trust funds'
- Mick Jagger’s Rolling Stones bandmates express concerns for frontman as Medical Examiner confirms L'Wren Scott's suicide
- Dionne Warwick excused from paying back debts after racking up more than $10m in unpaid taxes
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Courtney Love's 'theory' sparks slew of new findings. Including Where's Wally, Tupac and Big Foot
- Dappy pleads not guilty to assaulting man outside nightclub in Essex
- Miley Cyrus’s Bangerz tour bus carrying mum, sister and entourage burns down near New Orleans
- L’Wren Scott dead: Rolling Stones cancel entire Australia and New Zealand tour
- 'Exploding' cancer cells: Scientists discover new way to combat the disease
- Not to be sniffed at: The human nose can distinguish between over one trillion odours - a billion times more than we'd thought
- Ancient city of Petra was a 'celestial calendar', says new study
- When do the clocks change and does British Summer Time begin?
- Spring Equinox: When does spring start?
- Meet the 'chicken from hell': Scientists discover fearsome new species of birdlike dinosaur named 'Anzu wyliei'
- Penis size does matter - in the locker room at least
- Budget 2014: Chancellor promises multimillion-pound cash injection for British science to boost links between academia and the tech industry
- Scientists suggest they have the answer to the mystery of the narwhal's tusk
- Scientists observe first ever extra-terrestrial ‘waves’ on Saturn’s moon Titan
- What's worse than one asteroid hitting Earth? Scientists identify double impact crater
- Lost sleep could cause 'permanent damage to brain cells' scientists warn
- 'Shipwreck British woman saved by Google Earth’: There’s something fishy about story of Gemma Sheridan rescued from desert island
- International Happiness Day: 5 one-in-a-million moments that will raise a smile
- Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: CNN anchor genuinely entertains missing plane black hole theory
- Psychic cancels live show due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- Man gets revenge on Gumtree seller by texting him entire works of Shakespeare
- Houdini cat: Meet Chamallow, the feline escape artist
- 'Accidental Tyler Durden' as Fox news station KDVR airs penis picture during helicopter crash coverage
- Utah house almost entirely obscured by tumbleweeds following windstorm
- David Richards: Producer, engineer and musician at Montreux’s Mountain Studios who worked with Bowie, Queen and Duran Duran
- Abner E Singer: Film production manager whose efficiency led to his name being used for the second-last shot of the day
- Marilyn Butler: Pioneering writer and academic who was the first to place Jane Austen’s work in its historical context
- Donald Helm: Oilman who negotiated troubled times in Africa then served Scotland's National Trust for 30 years
- L'Wren Scott: Model who became a stylist and then an acclaimed fashion designer and was the long-term girlfriend of Mick Jagger
- Joseph Fan Zhongliang: Jesuit who suffered decades of imprisonment and persecution as Shanghai's underground bishop
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Using statelessness as a weapon must be rejected
- World view: This Spanish initiative should be a lesson to us all
- Really want to know what the bank thinks of you? You’ll find out when a cash machine gobbles up your card
- Al-Qa'ida, the second act: The hate preachers fuelling sectarianism
- Twitter and Facebook get a bad reputation. But they make our lives better
- Parents, if your son wants to go to school with a My Little Pony lunchbox - let him!
- That ‘love’ features less in modern pop music shouldn't break anyone's heart
- The 2014 budget shrunk from climate change. To halt a slide into disaster, here are 7 steps we should really be taking
- Too many of us are obsessed with looking perfect and it's damaging young people. That's why we're offering the badge for 'body confidence'
- Al-Qa'ida, the second act: Syria’s secular uprising has been hijacked by jihadists
- Tory Bingo: This depressing display of all-round political incompetence not only patronised the working-class — it let Labour off the hook
- Budget 2014: Osborne's been lucky, but there were a couple of devious moves made by the Chancellor
- Budget 2014: The changes to pensions are revolutionary
- Budget 2014: This is what a truly progressive budget would have looked like
- i Editor's Letter: The Budget 2014
- Budget 2014: The Chancellor's mind is on politics as well as economics
- Budget 2014: To raise living standards we must increase productivity
- To understand what Russia has done you have to recognise Sevastapol’s crucial role in history
- Usborne in the USA: Barking Americans spend more on pets than Germans on defence
- Crimea crisis: We're constantly spitting venom at Russia, but lack a bite to scare the Kremlin
- Forget about that glass ceiling, women should be pushing through the ‘sticky door’
- The ‘no makeup selfie’ craze seems like narcissism masked as charity. Why not donate instead?
- It’s time we extended Freedom of Information to public services run by private companies – just ask Jago the Rabbit
- The ASA ruling on Paddy Power's Oscar Pistorius ad won't prevent bookmakers taking a gamble on poor taste bets in future
- 'I, too, am Oxford': The intricacies of racism today
- i Editor's Letter: Where are Fifa's answers?
- Inside Whitehall: Aid argument is not straightforward in Africa
- i Editor's Letter: U-turn on meningitis B
- The ‘war on terror’ has failed. Al-Qa’ida-type jihadis are proliferating, and the West bears partial responsibility
- Fracking is right and necessary. So publish more evidence
- Budget 2014: By helping business and the elderly, the Chancellor fortified his political base. But what about the young and the poor?
- Crimea crisis: The best we can do for Ukraine is help it prosper
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ayrton Senna’s 54th Birthday: Google Doodle celebrates what would have been Formula One great’s birthday
- F1: Red Bull officially appeal disqualification of Daniel Ricciardo from second place in Australian Grand Prix
- Ayrton Senna's 54th birthday: Remembering a towering talent that would have delivered so much more
- Andy Murray splits with Ivan Lendl: British number one may play Grand Slams without a coach
- 'Ivan made a huge difference but it is time to move on,' says Andy Murray
- Ivan Lendl vows to cheer for Andy Murray despite surprise split with reigning Wimbledon champion
- Andy Murray comment: Ivan Lendl split gives British number one chance to become more attacking
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Find your first tweet on Twitter (without all the boring scrolling)
- Real-life Quidditch comes one step closer with dodging, diving, drone-powered HoverBall
- Ovivo Mobile network shuts down in the UK without warning
- EE apologises for mobile network problems after 'gremlins in the system'
- Suicide voyeur: Former nurse who persuaded online contacts to take their own lives while he watched via webcam is freed
- Tim Berners-Lee joins Edward Snowden onstage for virtual high-five and privacy chat
- LG G Watch and Moto 360: Meet the first two smartwatches powered by Google
- Disgruntled online shopper texts entire works of Shakespeare as revenge
- Sony unveils Project Morpheus: A virtual reality headset for PS4 and rival to the Oculus Rift
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer