Day In a Page
Monday, 19 August 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Denmark’s historic claim to the Faroes in doubt as archaeologists find proof that islands were inhabited before arrival of first Norse colonists
- Scientists discover protein that helps trigger allergic asthma
- A blood test for suicide? US study raises controversial prospect to identify people at risk
- Scientists link copper in diet and progression in Alzheimer’s
- Coastal city flooding ‘could cost more than £600bn a year’
- Perfect cheese on toast: If b=bread, c=cheese and t=time, what is the point of all these formulae?
- Elmore Leonard: Crime writer whose hardboiled depictions of American lowlife sold millions
- Lothar Bisky: Communist who helped former comrades enter the political mainstream in reunified Germany
- Chris Hallam: Athlete whose wheelchair exploits made him an inspiration to thousands
- Par Par Lay: Comedian who satirised the Burmese regime
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Huge bonuses are more to do with power than merit
- We’ve come a long way. Last time, the harassed Brazilian was shot dead
- Quilombola: Another face of tax injustice
- There’s a reason that Egyptians don’t trust us
- What's a tumour when there's copy to file? To my brother, nothing
- Why I risked arrest to protest against fracking
- Buying a mobility scooter? Too many pitfalls face consumers who need help getting around
- Too much for too little... the death of a Bank of America intern must herald reform of the internship industry
- Write about sex, and you make a lot of men nervous. Brooke Magnanti knows this - and so do I
- Profit-sharing could be Miliband’s ‘right to buy’
- Europeans are out of love with EU institutions, but still committed to the union
- What about same-sex marriage, Lord Sacks?
- The return of Section 28? This can't be brushed aside as an ‘oversight'
- Life on Marsden: The inexplicably threatening charisma of your partner's ex
- Egypt crisis: A national tragedy plays out at Cairo’s stinking mortuary
- Section 28 hurt the Tories more than young gay people
- Marks & Spencer prefer 'womanism' but what's wrong with saying feminism?
- Glenn Greenwald and a police force that is high on misusing the law
- Author Lee Child is the poster boy for marijuana - and another more troubling addiction
- Help to Buy is a dangerous political placebo...
- If you ask me...There's a part of me that just doesn't want to know about this 'designer vagina' trend
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Baby daddy
- Memories of Egypt will affect how people respond to this crisis
- Will selling to Murdoch ruin Vice's credibility?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Is mercurial Monty Panesar's number up?
- Ashes 2013: Alastair Cook admits chance to take series 4-0 is motivating England
- Ashes 2013: Michael Clarke appears to be on the brink as it's all change for Australia... again
- The Ashes: Australia should have hung on to their senior pros, says Mark Ramprakash
- Women's Ashes: Tourists show fighting spirit as England collapse
- The Light Roller: Forget the footie, there is still plenty of cricket to enjoy
- New Zealand batsman 'devastated' after being given doping ban
- Ashes 2013: Keep it quiet - England can rise again to world No 2
- England bowler Monty Panesar joins Essex on loan from Sussex
- Positive tests expected in cricket drug survey
- Ashes 2013: Monty Panesar’s career in tailspin as Sussex show him the door
- Twenty20: Michael Carberry set for international debut against Australia
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 8 things to consider when choosing a student bank account
- University relationships: The long distance dilemma
- The virtues of volunteering
- Gap year: An extra year to develop talents
- Student pastoral care: All the support you'll need
- Student life: How to survive your first term at uni
- Student budgeting: Full-time lessons in finance
- Freshers' Week: The perfect start to university life
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'