Day In a Page
Saturday, 2 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Potato madness! Man raises $55,492 on Kickstarter... to make potato salad
- Britain's most notorious criminal Charles Bronson has changed his name to Charles Salvador
- £4.5m spent on Kensington Palace upgrade. But Wills and Kate move to Norfolk
- The 10 most splendidly confusing pop lyrics ever
- What happens to Ed Miliband's face when you ask him about home decor
- How to make a rubbish home cinema for £0
- i100" title="How to make a rubbish home cinema for £0">How to make a rubbish home cinema for £0
- There is going to be an apocalypse (well, according to this)
- Sir Merrick Cockell: England is the last remnant of the British Empire
- World's orphans must get more help, says JK Rowling
- Branson backs calls to let parents take children out of school for term-time holidays
- Billie Piper questioned by police after car accident leaves cyclist 'seriously injured'
- Jon Voight: Angelina Jolie’s father accuses Penelope Cruz of 'inciting anti-Semitism' with Gaza 'genocide' letter
- Katy Perry says 'I want to join the Illuminati'
- Tulisa Contostavlos admits to having cosmetic procedures after her looks were criticised: 'Yes, I've had my lips done'
- Russell Brand and Jemima Khan to sue 'fantasist' private masseuse
- Michael Johns dead: American Idol finalist dies suddenly aged 35
- Mike Smith: Jeremy Clarkson and Philip Schofield pay tribute to former DJ and TV presenter after sudden death aged 59
- Tas Pappas: Skateboarding fame, money... jail and tragedy
- Blood Orange's Dev Hynes says he and his girlfriend were 'assaulted by security' after performing at Lollapalooza festival
- Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl 'badly hurt' after head-on car crash
- Simon Pegg interview: ‘Nothing is as inspiring as pain’
- Anthony Curtis: Editor, critic and authority on Henry James, Virginia Woolf and particularly Somerset Maugham
- Dick Wagner: Acclaimed guitarist who worked with Lou Reed and Peter Gabriel and co-wrote some of Alice Cooper’s biggest hits
- Myles Ambrose: US Customs commissioner who became Nixon’s front man in the war on drugs and helped set up the DEA
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- My father threw away his poppy in disgust
- The West cannot keep poking the Russian bear
- So who is the real power in the land?
- Why is the truth on torture so long in coming?
- Britain has taken longer to recover from recession than at any time since the South Sea Bubble
- When will our politicians realise that Africa has changed? Aid is dead. Trade is the future.
- The proposed 'changes' to the Charing Cross hospital should concern us all
- Torture? Spying? The freedoms Britain prides itself on are illusory. We live in a secret state
- The Only Way is Ethics: In Gaza, each word must be used with pinpoint accuracy
- Eyewitness: A day at an Ebola treatment unit
- They'd find a cure if Ebola came to London
- Israel-Gaza conflict: What has Israel achieved in 26 bloody days?
- A foreign secretary's pyrotechnic display of mixed signals that sentenced 800,000 British soldiers and sailors to death
- Mother country: The harrowing truth behind Thai 'fertility tourism'
- Bobbing about in a boat with a bear called Bob
- Being nice costs nothing, and pays dividends
- Red herring: Something fishy going on down the River Tyne
- Do I know you? The unstoppable rise of the Unfamous Famous
- Economic cycles stop for no one, even in the month of August
- Something for Cobra to bite on: It's worth paying for the elderly
- Save the Tiger: Meet the hunters tasked with protecting Russia's rare Amur tiger
- Social work: The view from the front line
- Save the tiger: Learning to live with dangerous neighbours
- Save the tiger: Good intentions are not enough... we need data
- Middle Class Problems: Should we ask before we take our Great British Bake Off pudding to a dinner party?
- DJ Taylor: Mr Grist would be mortified to hear himself described as one of nature's complainers
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: 'I'm woken to the sound of the child sobbing gently on to a pillow of empty wrappers'
- Alison Taylor on relationships: 'I love a good friendship-flirt'
- Tim Key: 'Of course there are differences between a punch-up and a massage. There must be'
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Declaration of war... but the show goes on
- T20 Blast quarter-finals: James Vince calls the shots as Hampshire seal Finals Day place
- England vs India fourth Test: Steven Finn called up to the squad to replace Liam Plunkett
- Surrey into T20 finals as Jason Roy has a blast
- England v India: For the good of the series, just shake on it and forget the spat
- Tom Peck: Moeen Ali should be given a break over 'Save Gaza' wristband
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Show stopper Usain Bolt takes giant strides to win 4x100m relay final
- Kevin Garside: One of the Commonwealth Games' greatest ingredients was having para-sportspeople share the stage with their able-bodied counterparts
- Commonwealth Games 2014 closing ceremony: Glasgow 'will never be the same' after triumphant Games
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Jo Pavey turns back the years and digs deep to earn 5,000m bronze
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Phillips Idowu shows no sign of returning to his best
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Tom Daley's new start on the road to Rio 2016
- Commonwealth Games closing ceremony 2014: Glasgow's big hearted night out to say farewell
- Commonwealth Games 2014: David Palmer in double delight as Aussies dominate final day on the squash court
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Lizzie Armitstead finally a champion as Geraint Thomas toils to take gold
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Ten stars to watch for the Rio 2016 Olympics
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Jamaica prove too strong for drained England in the netball
- Commonwealth Games 2014: The remarkable Usain Bolt show moves closer to final act
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Husband-and-wife team Chris and Gabby Adcock win badminton gold for England
- Commonwealth Games 2014: 20 reasons to remember the Games
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Young guns fired up but David Millar is still force to fear
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Aussies call time on England hopes
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Britain’s best ready to take on the world
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Nicola Adams takes gold amid controversy
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Amantle Montsho suspended after failing drugs test following women's 400m final
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Nicola Adams taken all the way but secures split decision
- Commonwealth Games 2014 closing ceremony: What can we expect after dancing teacakes, Scottie dogs and the Loch Ness monster?
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Tearful England fall foul of All Black mentality
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Usain Bolt ready to lead Jamaica to relay victory after dispelling Glasgow criticism
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Sierra Leone cyclist 'not missing' as official voices team's fears of going home to Ebola outbreak
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Tom Daley and James Denny save best for last to claim silver
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- In search of the perfect pizza margherita
- Good manners trampled in the stampede for me-time: Something to declare
- Greece, Isles of Scilly, Bergen, Perugia: Great getaways
- Gatwick back to ‘business as usual’ as airport announces no baggage delays
- Simon Calder: Trains to Europe on track at last
- Puglia: Travel challenge
- Faro, Oradour, Sofia: Open Jaw
- From Eastbourne Air Show to wellbeing weekends in Marrakech: Travel agenda
- Jonathan Scott: My life in travel
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything