Day In a Page
Friday, 20 June 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Top detective claims British spook found dead in padlocked bag could have been poisoned
- Summer solstice 2014: Everything you need to know about the longest, and sunniest, day of the year
- Thousands turn out to welcome the summer solstice at Stonehenge
- Radical reforms could end mobile phone 'blackspots' in rural parts of the UK
- Queen treats Prince William and Kate to £8m luxury helicopter
- 'Greedy' councils banned from using 'spy-cars' that issued £300m in parking fines
- Football match-fixing trio sent to prison
- Patsy Byrne dies aged 80: Actress famous as Blackadder's Nursie
- Tracy Morgan crash: Actor moved to rehabilitation facility
- Joey Essex: 'I wouldn't visit favelas on a holiday with the boys'
- Lana Del Rey angrily responds to ‘I wish I was dead’ quote: Singer unleashes impassioned Twitter rant
- Louise Redknapp criticises the term Wags: 'I don't feel it's ever used in a positive way'
- Riz Ahmed received racist abuse from fellow England fan during World Cup game
- Pitbull given honorary degree: A surprising achievement for the rapper
- Willow Smith 'keeps 10 snakes in her bedroom': Brother calls them his 'girlfriends'
- Cheryl Cole admits that her distinctive floral tattoo cost her the equivalent of a 'small car'
- Brad Pitt attacker Vitalii Sediuk refuses to say sorry: 'He has everything you can imagine. And I'm cleaning toilets?'
- Jack Dee 'rude' jokes prompted BBC 'discussion' but comedian did not threaten to leave his radio show
- Annie Leibovitz responds to Kanye bashing: 'I'm not known for doing weddings'
- Jeremy Clarkson to Nelson Mandela: ‘Have you ever had a lap dance?’
- Rihanna turns lively football pundit for England v Uruguay World Cup match: 'Man they know better than to give Suarez that much room'
- Ian Wright burgled: Knife-wielding robbers stole pundit’s MBE
- Gerry Goffin dies: 'Natural Woman' songwriter aged dies 75
- Peaches Geldof's final interview: The socialite on fame, heroin and people's expectations that she would die like her mother Paula Yates
- Man About Town: Critics given a taste of their own...
- Free will could be the result of 'background noise' in the brain, study suggests
- Kevlar inventor Stephanie Kwolek dies aged 90
- US anthrax scare: 86 people possibly exposed to deadly bacteria after scientists' blunder
- 'Stand up for three hours and live two years longer,' says top UK medical consultant
- Food really does taste better when it looks good, scientists claim
- Tanning can be 'addictive', new study claims
- Daniel Keyes: Author whose science fiction story 'Flowers for Algernon' became a bestselling novel and an Oscar-winning film
- Horace Silver: Trailblazing jazz pianist, composer and bandleader who led the way with Art Blakey in developing the hard bop style
- Gerry Goffin: Prolific songwriter whose work with his wife Carole King helped shape the course of popular music
- Kim Heungsou: Painter whose fusion of figurative and abstract forms made his name as 'the Picasso of Korea'
- Kevin Elyot: Playwright whose tender, witty piece 'My Night with Reg' captured the fears and anxieties of the age of Aids
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The reason why drug companies don't want to get involved with death penalty
- Editor's Letter: I’m with Paxo - give people the facts and let them judge
- Errors and Omissions: Total desperation can lead to awkward sentences
- Why did Michael Fabricant say he wanted to punch me in the throat? In order to silence me
- Voices in Danger: The son of an assassinated sports journalist fights for justice in Brazil
- Ukip have ignited a bidding war on tough immigration policies
- Kill it, tweet it, eat it: Jeanette Winterson has got the right attitude to meat
- The art of political storytelling isn't lost on the Scots
- There's only one way to stop Glastonbury being taken over by the middle class - lower ticket prices
- Open theatres up to the public during the day, or abolish them
- A night at the ballet can teach you more about British values than any harebrained political campaign
- Language like Michael Fabricant’s is too often shrugged off and tolerated
- American Apparel's porntastic ads were just the icing on Dov Charney's sleaze cake
- It took 30 minutes to prove that Facebook equals the internet
- Despite new plans, Miliband isn't taking an axe to welfare
- Letter from the Assistant Editor: Urban dwellers getting green-fingered
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v Sri Lanka: It’s time Alastair Cook wiped that smug grin off Shane Warne’s face
- England v Sri Lanka: Sam Robson opens his account with slow and steady century
- England vs Sri Lanka second Test: Sam Robson records maiden century as England close in on Sri Lankans total
- Liam Plunkett using all his experience to make the most of second chance with England
- England vs Sri Lanka Day One report: Bowlers overcome catalogue of blunders as England edge ahead
- Wimbledon 2014: Virginia Wade queries female choice for Andy Murray
- Wimbledon 2014: Roger Federer is in a good place at his favourite hunting ground
- Wimbledon 2014: Maria Sharapova's boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov aims to be main man
- Wimbledon 2014: Let’s get rid of all the umpires, says John McEnroe... and he’s serious
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray and Amélie Mauresmo – now the courtship begins
- Wimbledon 2014: Heather Watson falls short but will race up rankings
- Ten years on: How Maria conquered Wimbledon
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray in happy place as he prepares to begin defence of his crown
- Wimbledon targets China after Far East falls for Downton Abbey
- Wimbledon 2014: Maria Sharapova arrives at Pre-Wimbledon party in £700,000 Porsche, driven by Le Mans driver Mark Webber
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray will start defence against David Goffin
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Young people are sexting - but girls are judged more harshly than boys, study finds
- BlackBerry's Passport smartphone is square
- Apple iWatch to come in 'multiple screen sizes' and with 'more than 10 sensors' - reports
- Google and Microsoft to introduce 'kill switch' features on smartphones to deter theft
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Using your mobile abroad: Careless talk costs loads
- Simon Calder: Short hop, short notice, high fare? Not always
- My life in travel: Mary Anne Hobbs
- Travel agenda: From vintage road trips through Provence to vintage travelling trunks
- The Big Six: Open-air cinemas
- Travel challenge: A family break in Croatia
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Donald MacInnes: All set for Wimbledon, that legendary land of extravagant spending
- Money Insider: Pay in the local currency on cards abroad
- Simon Read: Things can go wrong. Often, for the energy Big Six
- Questions of Cash: My bank asked me to set up a password over the phone
- E2Energy's wind-turbine scheme offers green investors 7.5 per cent a year
- Derek Pain: Low-tech shareholders could soon be driven to extinction
- Five Questions On: Sterling
- Mark Dampier: Rate rise will change the game for small-company investors
- Simon Read: After its successful flotation, the struggle to gain customers' trust begins for TSB
- Bargain Hunter: Win a free burglar alarm and gain peace of mind and cheaper cover
- 'Crash for cash' gangs target white van man
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets