Day In a Page
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Do Isis militants really hate fighting female soldiers?
- The definitive list of the world's most unexpected facts
- There's always a bigger fish
- Can you pass a UK citizenship test?
- Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's government accused of exaggerating North Sea oil reserves
- How the front page of the New York post should have looked
- Thousands pledge to support officer who shot Michael Brown
- James Foley in his own words
- This commuter sums up how people feel about train fares
- Virgin's Richard Branson calls for 'peaceful resolution' of Ukraine conflict in open letter
- Jackie Chan on son's drug charges: 'I am ashamed and angry'
- Richard Dawkins offers half apology over those Down syndrome comments: 'Half the problem lies in a wanton eagerness to misunderstand'
- Russell Brand opposes anti-Semitism after death threats: 'We must disavow all forms of prejudice that lead to exclusion and execution'
- Kellie Maloney on her children coming to terms with her transgender self: 'They will always call me dad'
- Piers Morgan unsurprisingly cheated at the ALS ice bucket challenge, but he did nominate Jeremy Clarkson
- Hayden Panettiere nominates her unborn child to take the ALS ice bucket challenge
- Wayne Rooney throws ice bucket on wife Coleen Rooney’s head during ALS challenge
- Amy Winehouse statue to be erected in Camden
- Gwyneth Paltrow takes on ALS ice bucket challenge sans ice, nominates ex Chris Martin
- Robin Williams ashes scattered over San Francisco Bay a day after his suicide
- Albert Reynolds death: Former Irish Prime Minister dies after suffering from Alzheimer’s disease
- Coronation Street actor Antony Cotton received years abuse from gay community for 'camp' character Sean Tully
- ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- Professor Green urges men with depression to seek help after his father's suicide: 'I wish that he could have reached out to someone'
- George Bush delivers possibly the best ALS ice bucket challenge yet
- Russell Brand attacks Bill O'Reilly's Isis report: 'We're not idiots. We don't need to have a conversation, 'Is beheading bad?''
- Jennifer Aniston forced to stay at home to avoid cyber bullying
- Jeremy Paxman has 'no objection' to assisted suicide: 'We should all be making some preparation for a decent death'
- James Foley beheading video protested: Louise Mensch, Mia Farrow and more urge public to stop sharing graphic film
- Cliff Richard pulls out of charity cathedral show after sex abuse allegations
- Jennifer Hudson's brother arrested for allegedly stabbing a man repeatedly in the face
- Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Gary Busey claims he was visited by the ghost of Patrick Swayze days before entering house
- The difference between psychopaths and anti-social people lies in brain activity, experts claim
- Cities are breeding bigger spiders, say scientists, but that's definitely a good thing
- Microbial life found living on the exterior of the International Space Station, say reports
- Crows and other animals grieve for their dead, new book claims
- Antarctic microbes can survive for millennia
- Scientists discover how lizards regrow tails
- Neanderthals lived alongside humans for centuries, latest study shows
- 'Drinkable' 200-year-old bottle of booze discovered in shipwreck
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? Genes determine the long-term effects of stress
- BKS Iyengar: Teacher who spread yoga around the world and numbered Menuhin, Huxley and Tendulkar among his followers
- Flight Lieutenant Jack Sherburn: Pilot awarded a DFC for his gallantry against the Mau Mau who went on to serve in Suez and fly with Yuri Gagarin
- Albert Reynolds: Politician who helped bring peace to Northern Ireland but could not keep together two coalition governments
- Candida Lycett Green: Author who helped 'Private Eye' get off the ground and edited the letters and prose of her father, John Betjeman
- Don Pardo: Broadcaster best known for his work on 'Saturday Night Live' on US television in a career lasting over 60 years
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Next they'll say an independent Scotland can't use British clouds...
- Once I would have agreed with Dawkins. Then my daughter was born with Down's Syndrome
- The definition of a ‘high-earner’ has changed, and tax must change with it
- Turkey and Saudi Arabia must step up the fight against Isis
- Should America pay Isis ransom money to free hostages like James Foley?
- The Malky Mackay allegations raise the spectre of Britain's casual racism
- The truth about kids on holiday
- August catch-up: Barack's phone calls, tribute to Norm and my Desert Island Discs
- Middle East crisis: We know all too much about the cruelty of Isis – but all too little about who they are
- Meet Vandana Shiva: The deserving heir to Mahatma Gandhi's legacy
- What's the point of paying for service if you then have to do the work yourself?
- Our limited generosity is being wasted on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- What's the most meaningful response we could have to the murder of James Foley?
- i Editor's Letter: Your response to our new back page of sports
- Today Isis is attacking the Middle East. Tomorrow it’ll be the West
- You might not have heard of the ‘Hannibal Protocol’, but it's behind one of Israel's worst atrocities yet
- Ireland's refusal to provide a safe abortion to a suicidal rape victim is a national shame
- August catch-up: The Hitch on Americans, literature, liberal intervention and language
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Premier League weekend preview: Mario Balotelli, Everton vs Arsenal and other talking points
- Video: Latest transfer news - Mario Balotelli agrees Liverpool move as Angel di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Video: Latest transfer news - Manchester United sign Marcos Rojo as Marco Reus and Thomas Muller snub offers
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'I Can Haz Islamic State Plz': Isis propaganda on Twitter turns to kittens and lolspeak
- SoundCloud introducing adverts in the US
- US hospital 'Heartbleed hack' lost information belonging to 4.5 million patients
- Sony's next camera will be shaped like a giant perfume bottle and made for selfies
- Twitter faces backlash for showing tweets from accounts users don't follow
- Snapchat is going to start sending headlines, TV clips and advertisements to your phone
- Nokia Lumia 530 release date: cheapest ever Windows Phone available from 4 September
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death