Day In a Page
Wednesday, 23 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Time 100: The world’s most influential people are revealed – and Beyonce leads the way
- Morrissey has been ‘brainwashed’ says Canada’s fisheries minister
- Barbara Knox denies drinking driving: Coronation Street star pleads not guilty in court
- Katy Perry gatecrashes a children’s birthday party and makes everyone cry
- Lupita Nyong’o crowned the most beautiful person in the world by People magazine
- Peaches Geldof funeral: Alan McGee says Bob Geldof’s eulogy was ‘the bravest thing I think I’ve ever seen him do’
- Madonna faces criticism for using the word ‘gay’ to negatively describe superfood kale
- Russell Brand on David Moyes sacking: ‘Sir Alex Ferguson's selection of the ‘chosen one’ looks like what I would do if invited to select my ex's next partner’
- Kanye West wanted James Franco and Seth Rogen to do a live performance of their Bound 2 spoof at his wedding to Kim Kardashian in Versailles
- Barack Obama’s tribute to Frankie Knuckles: The President pays his respects to the Godfather of House in emotive letter to family
- Gwyneth Paltrow granted restraining order against a stalker who repeatedly tried to enter her homes in Los Angeles and London
- Beyonce and Jay Z moving to London: Power couple buy sprawling £5.5m Mayfair townhouse ahead of joint tour
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Australia tour: Kate Middleton and Prince William become DJs and street artists in embarrassing hip-hop foray
- Stephen Sutton: Terminally-ill teenage cancer sufferer raises £1m for charity after posting 'final thumbs-up' on Facebook
- Drew Barrymore reproduces, gives baby disappointingly average name
- Jonathan Trott and the problems of describing mental illness
- How can you tell a gentleman?
- DNA analysis solves the mystery of how Europeans came to be farmers
- End of men? Not just yet, say scientists investigating mysteries of male Y chromosome
- 50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
- 'Grow plants. 3D print parts. Lasso an asteroid.' Nasa outlines 'stepping stones' to get to Mars
- Richard Broke: Television producer who found himself attacked by the Tories for 'Tumbledown' and 'The Monocled Mutinee'
- Frank Kopel: Footballer who became the focal point of a campaign to close a legal loophole for vascular dementia sufferers
- Margery Mason: Actress, writer and director who rounded off a wildly varied career with the role of Alice in 'Peak Practice'
- Mark Shand: Campaigner whose efforts to save the Asian elephant took him far beyond the privileged circles from which he came
- Ultimate Warrior: Wrestler with a devoted following whose antics fuelled his sport's expansion across the US and the world
- Julian Wilson: BBC racing correspondent for three decades who became disillusioned with the direction taken by the sport he loved
- U Win Tin: Journalist and activist who stood with Aung San Suu Kyi at the head of Burma's pro-democracy movement
- Nina Cassian: Poet and dissident who was granted asylum in the US when the Romanian secret police found her poems
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Who has put their hand up to play in the one-day international against Scotland?
- Yorkshire pose Andrew Gale a selection dilemma with best yet to come
- Paul Farbrace will revitalise England with his man-management expertise ahead of expected appointment under Peter Moores
- County Championship round-up: Top spin bowlers face-off at Old Trafford
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook enters the fitness market with the acquisition of Moves app
- Facebook study shows we get sick of old school friends before work colleagues
- This lamp is secretly live-tweeting conversations from a McDonald's in New York
- Paradise for pedants: Software replaces the word 'literally' with 'figuratively' online
- Street View goes back in time: See the changes captured by Google's cameras
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Flybe starts autumn fares war on domestic travel – that could make planes cheaper than trains
- Britain's biggest regional airline Flybe triggers fares war with dramatic expansion of domestic flights
- How best to book an Antipodean adventure for next year?
- Travel deals: From a budget break to Italy to climbing Kilimanjaro
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster