Day In a Page
Monday, 24 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Carnival celebrations kick off in Haiti
- 'Stick with Foncho to Make Bananas Fair' campaign
- Top 15 embarrassing street names in UK
- The world's weirdest theme parks
- Elderly of North and South Korea meet after six decades
- 'Pandas on Tour' show raises awareness about the endangered giant pandas
- Save The Children: More than a million children die on their first and only day of life
- Ukraine uprising
- India celebrates Niyamraja Festival
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Rebecca Adlington has a new nose, and good for her. Who wouldn’t do the same?
- By George, Dr Carey’s right! All those poor people need food banks because their feckless parents never taught them to cook
- Angela Merkel will be welcomed with full honours tomorrow, and for good reason: our two countries need each other
- Letter from Asia: India’s parliament has hit new low, warns its elder statesman
- Inside Whitehall: Care.data will help prolong our lives and those of our children
- Losing Britain's libraries: The places where we discover books are imperiled like never before
- Nigel Farage: I’m immensely looking forward to saying: ‘I don’t agree with Nick Clegg’
- Nigel Farage: Don’t cap holiday prices, scrap EU flight taxes
- Why practical experiments must remain part of science A-levels
- Piers Morgan dropped by CNN: America was bound to tire of his big mouth eventually
- LGBT Ugandans are facing a crisis - what action will the UK take?
- The West's outcry over Uganda's hateful anti-gay law may do more harm than good
- The smart solution is clear: a land value tax
- i Editor's Letter: Our second iStudents debate
- The Government is more anti-EU than at any time in the last 20 years. So why are Eurosceptics still so gloomy?
- We could be at a tipping point – when parents who think private education is the only option finally see that state schools make sense
- A bird on the brink of extinction, the Tahiti monarch has one hope – you
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I found a love letter in my husband's pocket. Should we seek help?
- I'm proud of my scars – and I'm lucky to say I've never had a bad reaction to them. It should be this way for everyone
- Now scientists have discovered the ‘snob effect’, can we forgive the snobby?
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2014: you can be too obsessed with ‘healthy’ eating
- Alice Herz-Sommer, the world’s oldest Holocaust survivor, said Beethoven was her religion. That's the effect great art can have
- Shame on those who have driven Alec Baldwin from public life
- i Editor's Letter: Gute Reise, Angela!
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England relieved to begin new era with narrow win over the University of West Indies Vice-Chancellor's XI
- England are desperate to move on from Kevin Pietersen
- Australians suspect South Africa wicketkeeper A B de Villiers of tampering with the ball
- The Light Roller: Let's cherish the memory of Kevin Pietersen… but then move on
- Jos Buttler puts England before IPL as he adapts to life with new county Lancashire
- Luke Wright determined to tie down a spot in England team after the axing of Kevin Pietersen
- Ian Herbert: Our Ashes conquerors don’t look so all-powerful now
- Winter Olympics 2014: Eve Muirhead says winning for Team GB is extra special as Olympians return from Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: Cold war and thaw - The Independent's take on a fortnight in Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: UK Sport vows to maintain 'no compromise' approach to funding in order for Team GB to 'continue being champions'
- Winter Olympics 2014: IOC president Thomas Bach hails Sochi success as Russia delivers promise of 'excellence'
- Kevin Garside: Why F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is cosying up to Russia president Vladimir Putin
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Galaxy S5: Everything you need to know about Samsung's latest
- Mt. Gox issues statement: Oldest bitcoin exchange offline amid rumours of £250m theft
- WhatsApp plans to implement voice calling in 'second quarter of the year'
- ‘Electric Eel’ digital condom promises to make sparks fly in the bedroom
- Titanfall Xbox One bundle: Microsoft steps up Sony PS4 fight with price cut and giant robots
- Mozilla unveils £15 smartphone - promises a 'flood' of cheap devices for emerging markets
- Nokia X review: A Windows Phone-Android hybrid that punches above its weight
- Google acquires London start-up Spider.io to help crack down on advertising fraud
- Sony launches waterproof Xperia Z2 smartphone and tablet
- Huawei TalkBand bracelet combines a fitness tracker and Bluetooth headset
- Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL: Specifications, prices and release dates
- Nokia launch first ever Android Phones
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nick Clegg pleads with students to trust the Lib Dems again in an another attempt to put the tuition fee farrago behind him
- Bradford University defends former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan after students demand he steps down as chancellor as he fails to attend a graduation since 2010
- Oxford don criticised for claiming women's dresses should look like a 'stormable fortress'
- 180 UK student unions urge Government and universities to fix spiralling costs for international students
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'