Day In a Page
Thursday, 24 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Anzac Day 2014
- Fashion Revolution Day marks the one year anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Dhaka last year, which killed 1133 people
- What does your postcode say about you?
- Demolition of shanties in Philippines leaves many families homeless
- Violent protests break out in Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach after dancer is found dead
- Feminist Diane Keaton explains why she wishes that she had ‘bought herself a man’: ‘It’s a better way to go’
- Pharrell Williams writes a convoluted online self-help book – but the words are missing
- Model unsurprisingly sues 50 Cent after he called her a ‘thirsty video b***h’
- Bryan Singer denies sex abuse claims: X-Men director calls the allegations ‘outrageous, vicious and completely false’
- Joan Rivers refuses to apologise about joke over Ariel Castro victims: ‘They got to live rent free for more than a decade’
- Justin Bieber detained by US customs but sadly freed hours later
- Sandy Jardine dead: Former Rangers, Hearts and Scotland footballer dies aged 65
- Time 100: The world’s most influential people are revealed – and Beyonce leads the way
- Morrissey has been ‘brainwashed’ says Canada’s fisheries minister
- Barbara Knox denies drinking driving: Coronation Street star pleads not guilty in court
- Katy Perry gatecrashes a children’s birthday party and makes everyone cry
- Lupita Nyong’o crowned the most beautiful person in the world by People magazine
- Peaches Geldof funeral: Alan McGee says Bob Geldof’s eulogy was ‘the bravest thing I think I’ve ever seen him do’
- Madonna faces criticism for using the word ‘gay’ to negatively describe superfood kale
- Sandy Jardine: Majestic footballer whose service for Rangers and Scotland saw him hailed as one of his country’s most revered players
- Jose 'Cheo' Feliciano: Composer and singer of salsa and bolero music who was adored by Spanish speakers the world over
- Richard Broke: Television producer who found himself attacked by the Tories for 'Tumbledown' and 'The Monocled Mutinee'
- Karpal Singh: Lawyer and politician who devoted his life to defending human rights activists and prisoners on death row
- Frank Kopel: Footballer who became the focal point of a campaign to close a legal loophole for vascular dementia sufferers
- Margery Mason: Actress, writer and director who rounded off a wildly varied career with the role of Alice in 'Peak Practice'
- Mark Shand: Campaigner whose efforts to save the Asian elephant took him far beyond the privileged circles from which he came
- Ultimate Warrior: Wrestler with a devoted following whose antics fuelled his sport's expansion across the US and the world
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hats off to Paul Weller – if only there were more pop stars like him
- Janet Street-Porter: Not all of us want children, but there are some people who are too frightened even to talk about it
- Laugh at Britpop if you will, but it was the unforgettable and glorious sound of my youth
- Jamaica Inn and why all programmes need subtitles
- Inside Westminster: The Scottish referendum is a judgement of both the head and heart
- Errors and Omissions: Expats’ relative happiness cannot be safely deduced
- It's time to advance the battle between actor and critic
- Pope John XXIII’s ‘missing’ second miracle is that he knew he was fallible
- i Editor's Letter: Letter writing tips
- Cast tribalism aside and wish Manchester United the best
- Labour and the Tories have more in common than they care to admit. But on Europe, the choice is clear – and historic
- The Co-op Bank is dying slowly. How did it come to this?
- Managed properly, immigration makes our country richer. But the best argument for it is moral, not economic
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 18 years of growing returns for buy-to-let
- The Energy Minister thinks encouraging people to switch will cut bills, but it’s not always that easy
- Energy switching: Reader’s experience shows it can be a nightmare
- Community share offer for schools’ solar plan
- The student debt firm whose credit is running out fast
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster