Day In a Page
Thursday, 26 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Feeling stressed makes the world smell worse
- Water found on Mars by Nasa Curiosity rover
- Scientists 'bind photons together' to create new state of matter comparable to lightsabers
- The world’s oldest face belongs to this 419 million-year-old fish
- Astronomers discover pulsar undergoing radical transformation
- Professor David Hubel: Nobel laureate who uncovered the secrets of visual perception
- George Weissbort: Painter whose work was informed by his ultra-traditional approach
- Malcolm Barrass: Robust stalwart of postwar Bolton
- Marvin Rainwater: Rock’n’roller who led the US invasion of 1950s Britain
- Sushmita Banerjee: Author who was murdered by the Taliban
- Pal Csernai: Title-winning coach of Bayern Munich
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A digital eraser for under-18s to delete unfortunate online postings? I want one of those
- David Cameron is smiling now. But Nick Clegg could have last laugh
- Breaking Bad: ‘Heisenberg’ leaves us with a killer of a show
- Cameron’s patronising attitude towards women will cost him the election
- The demise of the exclusive London nightclub? Not if these new places have anything to do with it
- The al-Shabaab massacre in Nairobi leaves a litany of unique tragedies
- Tales from the Water Cooler: E! Isn’t that a lot of dross TV goss, Klass?
- Maldives: Protests and violence on streets, yet there’s nothing to worry about
- Can't they think of anything more original for TV comedy than panel shows?
- This week's big questions: Was McBride an aberration in UK politics? Is HS2 worth building for £50bn?
- In the White Widow we are watching the creation of a modern myth
- Errors and Omissions: Four decades on and still we are using children to label women
- ‘I bought 20 Venus flytraps at one point. But they need prey and I forgot to water the flies’
- My ninety days solid playing Battlefield 4
- From Downton Abbey to Coronation Street, when life interferes with art, it’s a challenge for the writer
- Krokodil: The heroin substitute is a real threat. We must warn of the potentially devastating effects
- How to stop a plastic gun murder
- Commonwealth endorsement of Sri Lanka is a sham - the country's human rights record still appals
- FIFA 14: Football games have come a long way since World Cup Carnival
- Chris Blackhurst: The Michael Spencer I know is utterly disgusted by what his traders got up to
- Old-fashioned diplomacy is back, but it is already out of time
- Ed Miliband is no more 'red' than the Tony Blair that won the 1997 general election
- Short back and sides, sir? And would you like a gin and tonic with that?
- Qatar’s success is tarnished by the near ‘slavery’ of its workers
- Freeze energy prices and cause the Apocalypse
- The UK theatre scene is the last refuge of unnecessary etiquette
- Asda and Tesco's Halloween costumes: Censoring the word ‘mental’ just adds to the stigma
- If it’s not okay to dress as a cancer patient for Halloween, it’s not okay to dress as a mental patient
- More women are in work - but what about the gender pay gap?
- Ed Miliband’s radical reforms will make the energy market work for the many rather than the few
- Panel discussion with Steve Richards... How do the Conservatives win the next General Election?
- IPCC report increases certainty humans are to blame for climate change. This is what you can do about it....
- 5 reasons Eddie Izzard would make a good Mayor of London
- The Independent shortlisted in 2013 Comment Awards
- Prime Minister congratulates Ben Ainslie on winning the global race (for America)
- 6 animals that act like humans
- That's a wrap! Twitter's 300 feminist sandwiches nails worst boyfriend on the Internet
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Fifteen years on and Google leads the techno charge
- Five Questions About: Reward schemes
- Money Insider: Cashback offers are back ...but are they worth it?
- Derek Pain: Russian magnate might attract a realistic sum for me to unload SnackTime
- Mark Dampier: Bonds can still be worth buying despite the Fed's shock move on tapering
- Questions of Cash: Curry's kept me out of the picture over my faulty camera complaint
- Bargain Hunter: It's time to strike a light for bargain eco bulbs
- Donald MacInnes: By gum, count me out when it comes to casinos
- Simon Read: Councils must not make a profit from residents
- Simon Read: 'Freemium' games allow unscrupulous firms to fleece kids
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Walk like a fresher, think like a fresher, talk like a fresher
- Blurred Lines debate: Drawing a line under Thicke's lyrics
- The University of Alabama must do more for the cause of racial integration
- Is the Green Party a real political alternative for students?
- Labour should be standing up for students - but it's not
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy