Day In a Page
Thursday, 27 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Aerofilms' - A history of Britain from above
- Changing climate around the world
- Hindu Shivaratri festival in Kathmandu
- Dominican Republic celebrates Independence Day
- Northern lights from around the world
- Balinese Usaba Dalem - annual ritual of roast pig sacrifice
- The Lucerne Carnival in Switzerland
- Inside the lavish residency of fugitive president Victor Yanukovych
- Forgotten art - Chinese Opera struggles to compete with modern day entertainments
- Teen cancer survivor Elana Simon helps scientists study her own rare disease
- Could the Woolly Mammoth be brought back to life?
- Is the right or left side of your brain more dominant? Take this quiz to find out
- Ministers take next step towards approving IVF procedures that would allow three-parent babies
- The search for 'Earth 2.0' continues apace as Nasa announces the discovery of four new 'Goldilocks' planets, taking the known total to nine
- Fully formed teeth removed from the brain of a baby suffering from a rare tumour
- Planetary 'bonanza': Nasa's Kepler telescope discovers 715 new exoplanets
- Lady Llewellyn: Cipher officer who established and led a team crucial to Winston Churchill's wartime centre of operations
- Mavis Gallant: Québécoise writer who settled in Paris and found a home for her masterful short stories in the pages of The New Yorker
- Duffy Power: Blues and rock'n'roll singer whose troubled career still yielded collaborations with Jack Bruce and Bert Jansch
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Owen Jones: Give us Spitting Image back!
- Tales from the Watercooler: I still get a thrill from a good motorcade
- If students think that stripping is the way to make ends meet then there’s something missing from their education
- Howard Jacobson: Lewis Gill may not have meant his punch to kill, but any swing at a man's face is an act of barbarity
- Is our ridicule of Germany a cover for the fear that we too could have fostered Nazism?
- Editor's letter: Festival celebrates literature, but also freedom itself
- Errors and Omissions: Nothing unique in allowing rhetoric to trump logic
- The Big Questions: Who would ‘Spitting Image’ target nowadays? Can Scotland survive on its own?
- Man about Town: These ingredients were special, but it's what you do with them that really matters
- Oscars 2014: And the award for playing it safe goes to... Hollywood
- When councils shroud their deals with private developers in secrecy, you get the feeling something's up
- It’s adults, not kids, who need my guide to audience etiquette
- Protect whistleblowers, or you open the door to people like Julian Assange
- The release of The Book Thief marks another step in cinema taking a more rounded view of World War Two
- Why I'm giving up clothes for Lent
- The biggest risk to a procrastinator is the internet
- Four steps the UK should take to stop the CAR from turning into another Rwanda
- World View: The persecution of Muslims is Burma’s most toxic issue
- i Editor's Letter: Lunch with Kate Monro
- It’s no good, Dawkins. No one’s going to abandon religion because some atheist is banging on at them about science
- While politicians bicker over self-serving definitions of poverty, a simple measure of ‘need’ is being overlooked
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's ‘Stephen Ward’ flops: Why can’t the West End do musicals any more?
- I’m truly honoured to be a home-town boy from Manchester... and it looks like I’m in good company
- The idea that Katy Perry meant to insult Islam in her new video 'Dark Horse' is ludicrous
- Never mind sharp-elbow parenting, David Laws. True equality of opportunity would mean the abolition of private education
- Dyslexic students get extra support, but what about those without the label who struggle with reading?
- If you want social mobility, don’t blame everything on the past
- How our nation of homeowners became ‘generation rent’
- i Editor's Letter: An improbable scenario – but not impossible
- The Big Six must return the £400m owed to customers
- David Cameron hoped Angela Merkel would solve his Brussels problem. He should have known better
- More planets means more chance of extraterrestrial life
- The Conservatives’ pledge to bring down net migration was always wrong-headed. Now we know it won’t be met
- Grow up, grandpa: Years after 'Sachsgate', Andrew Sachs reveals he is still not talking to his granddaughter
- Angela Merkel visit: German Chancellor delivers reality check for Tory Eurosceptics
- The new Two Together railcard means flexible passengers can benefit from the lowest fares in western Europe
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- British agents spied on Yahoo users' 'intimate' webcam images, Snowden files reveal
- Google Street View comes face to face with polar bears in the Canadian tundra
- Samsung Galaxy S5 knock-off arrives two days after the real deal, and for £400 less
- Nasa's tough and mobile 'jumble of tent poles' could be the future of space exploration
- 'Dad will die as he lived, covered by horrible crocheted blankets': US comedian Laurie Kilmartin live-tweets her father's death
- Boeing announce self-destructing 'black phone' for government agencies
- 'Mind boggling' trove of 1.25bn emails discovered for sale on online black market
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The hidden homeless: Government urged to help vulnerable women who sleep rough
- Simon Read: Surely someone has had a positive bank experience?
- Simon Read: Sickening tale that reinforces the need to protect elderly
- Energy firms told to return £400m to customers
- Money alert: Impartial energy comparison site
- Mark Dampier: Ignore the squabbling and get the best of both worlds in trusts
- Where can I get the best return for my £20,000 nest egg?
- Bargain Hunter: Take a time-travelling trip for two on a Waterstones card
- Donald MacInnes: When a plumber's grandson's musical goes down the tubes...
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Speaker John Bercow named chancellor of the University of Bedfordshire
- One in three strippers 'are students paying for their education'
- London student fined £1,010 for chalk slogan protest
- Oxford student who killed herself after breaking up with her boyfriend had been 'harassed' by a lecturer, inquest told
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water