Day In a Page
Thursday, 27 March 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 10 of the best cities to buy a luxury holiday for £100
- Motherhood in quotes
- Balinese devotees celebrate Melasti purification festival
- Tiger cubs make public debut in London Zoo
- Afghan women fight for their rights to take seats in parliament
- 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Ten places where most executions were carried out in 2013
- Students protest against education reforms and cuts in Spain
- The stories of the World's Great Wonders
- Nigella Lawson bursts into tears over questions about Charles Saatchi split during TV interview with Michael McIntyre
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin split: Actress thanks fans via chicken recipe as Martin's dad explains 'conscious uncoupling'
- Gwyneth Paltrow: This working mother’s open letter to the actress, who claims being a film star is harder than working a 9-5, is amazing
- Miley Cyrus to be taught as university subject
- Barbara Knox arrest: Coronation Street's Rita Tanner star held for suspected drink-driving after driving to police station 'under the influence'
- Michael Gove performs Wham! rap to school children
- Zac Efron ‘punched in the mouth’ in street fight after visiting ‘skid row’ area of Los Angeles after dark
- Russell Crowe, Noah and meeting Pope Francis: 'Look I'm not Catholic, but I like this guy'
- Damon Albarn on Blur and drug addiction: ‘Heroin made me incredibly productive’
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin split: Affair rumours plaguing ‘conscious uncoupling’ are ‘ridiculous’, actress says
- L’Wren Scott leaves entire £5.5m fortune to Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger
- The only video about a car fan you need watch
- Action Movie Kid: DreamWorks dad Daniel Hashimoto turns toddler son into lightsaber-wielding CGI superhero
- Road rage revenge: Impatient man gives fellow driver the middle finger, gets instant dose of karma
- Chocolate Digestives revelation could change the face of biscuit eating forever
- Woman named 'Crispi' uses bacon in arson attempt
- Eureka! Scientists unveil giant leap towards synthetic life
- Mother's Day in the wild: Meet the most dedicated mothers in the animal kingdom
- Marinating meat in beer before putting on the BBQ can halve cancer causing chemicals
- Coffee and cigarettes actually a terrible, not very tasty, combination, say scientists
- Crows 'as clever as children' in causal reasoning
- Suspended animation: Patients could soon be treated while neither dead nor alive
- ‘Public-private’ deal heralds revolution in search for new drug treatments
- Captain Jerry Roberts: Bletchley Park codebreaker who helped crack the Tunny code Hitler used to communicate with generals
- Allan McKeown: Television and theatre producer behind such enduring hits as 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet' and 'Shine on Harvey Moon'
- Hal Douglas: Voice artist acclaimed for the precision of his timing and the control he was able to exert over his vocal cords
- James Schlesinger: US government official who served Nixon and Ford and became the most unpopular director in the CIA's history
- Jill Sinclair: Businesswoman and pop manager who co-founded ZTT and guided the career of her husband Trevor Horn
- Reubin Askew: Governor of Florida who championed desegregation, government accountability and chances for the poor
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- i Editor's Letter: The dawning of a new Televisual era
- I know that some deaf people are against cochlear implants – but I am not one of them
- Errors and Omissions: A lord by any other name might be better known
- Janet Street-Porter: If only more couples could be as honest as Gwyneth and Chris
- Inside Westminster: Ukip’s fortunes could brighten in the European elections, but don’t expect that to carry on in 2015 when it will really count
- How can civilisation be defined for the 21st century?
- After the furore over the new Noah film, perhaps the end is nigh for biblical stories on screen
- Why aren't the Laurence Olivier Awards worth broadcasting?
- The bookcase was there for me in my hour of need. But now it has overstayed its welcome
- Same-sex marriage: I will be raising a toast to every couple starting a new life together
- i Editor's Letter: Back to school
- World view: We should thank Putin for one thing - the west is once again the West
- Mark Steel: There just aren’t enough betting shops on Britain’s high streets. Let’s start converting cathedrals and A&E departments
- Reverend Paul Flowers has revealed himself for what he is: the consummate fantasist, blaming everyone except himself
- Won't cutting FA grassroots funding hurt the beautiful game?
- You can be an expert in your field, but that doesn't make you a good teacher
- At long last, the Royal and Ancient golf club may admit women. Now for the other all-male bastions of British culture...
- We need a public inquiry to uncover the truth about the scale of domestic violence in the UK
- Nick Clegg: Nigel Farage has modern justice - and my position on Andrew Symeou - all wrong
- For disabled people, and those with learning disabilities, the ‘sacking’ of Atos won’t change anything
- How serious is King Abdullah about women’s rights? – not just as the king, but as a father and husband too
- Ebola outbreaks: I discovered this virus in 1976. It's frustrating that we still know too little to treat it effectively
- Teachers' strike: Why I walked out
- Nigel Farage: Why did Nick Clegg keep ducking the vital questions in our debate last night?
- Clegg vs Farage: Both leaders achieved what they set out to do
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World Twenty20: Alex Hales hits amazing ton to lead England to miracle win over Sri Lanka
- Sunil Gavaskar appointed head of cricket in India by Supreme Court amid allegations of spot-fixing in the IPL
- World Twenty20: James Faulkner’s remark backfires badly for beaten Australians
- World Twenty20: Can revived England send South Africa off into the sunset?
- World Twenty20: Darren Sammy stars at West Indies beat Australia
- Kevin Pietersen off to the Caribbean: Shunned batsman enters draft for Caribbean Premier League
- World Twenty20: South Africa have captain Faf du Plessis suspended for England game
- World Twenty20: ICC release replay footage used to give Mahela Jayawardene not-out during England's win over Sri Lanka
- World Twenty20: South Africa survive Netherlands scare to win by six runs
- World Twenty20: Ravi Bopara admits England's hopes rest on beating Sri Lanka in order to have any chance of semi-finals
- F1: Sebastian Vettel vocal as quiet V6 engines spat rumbles on, with Red Bull driver declaring they are 's***' ahead of important Malaysian Grand Prix
- F1: Malaysia Grand Prix - drivers risking dehydration to keep weight down in qualifying
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: F1 to pay respects with messages of support and minute's silence after debris spotted in Indian Ocean
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone softens criticism of quiet engine noise but admits they 'sound terrible on TV' after Malaysia Grand Prix practice
- F1: Mercedes continue to lead the pack as Nico Rosberg sets fastest time on Friday practice for Malaysian Grand Prix
- F1: Max Chilton using heat chamber to prepare for extreme conditions faced in the Malaysian Grand Prix
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: F1 discuss holding tribute at Malaysian Grand Prix after missing flight believed to have crashed into Indian Ocean
- Andy Murray remains upbeat despite latest career dip which leaves him in danger of slipping out of top-10 world ranking
- Miami Masters 2014: Rafael Nadal battles into semi-finals coming from a set down to beat Milos Raonic
- Miami Masters 2014: Andy Murray plays down controversial umpire incident after defeat to Novak Djokovic
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- State-sponsored hacking is the biggest threat to news organisations, says Google researchers
- HTC One M8 review: The best Android handset on the market just got better
- Google Naps: A Google Maps parody that helps you find the best place for forty winks
- Parental controls and porn: The four best ways to keep your children safe online
- Are you addicted to Patatap yet? Become an electronica DJ just by tapping on your computer keyboard
- Facebook will use drones and lasers to deliver internet access to the developing world
- Office for iPad: Microsoft makes Word and the gang free to download, but you must pay to type
- Turkey YouTube ban: President Erdogan blocks website after claims of further government corruption are uploaded
- Twitter shakes up photos and introduces tagging as Instagram overtakes in monthly users
- Kim Dotcom to stand as MP: MegaUpload founder launches New Zealand political party based on values of ‘faster internet and online privacy’
- WhatsAppitis: Doctors say it's real and your thumbs are in danger
- 3D printed skull replacement implanted for the first time ever
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Should I delay retiring because of the Budget?
- Simon Read: Packaged accounts are back, but the extras still won't get you out of a jam
- Questions of Cash: Paying a high price for purchasing a 'select approved' car warranty
- Fuel poverty gap leaves English with less help
- The Money Advice Service will face probe
- Money alert: Santander £12.4m fine
- Derek Pain: Pride of its alley lines up the skittles and sends them flying
- Mark Dampier: Franklin quartet play to their strengths to re-tune fund focus
- Bargain Hunter: Need a bowl for your yoghurt? Rachel's could have the answer
- Money Insider: Lloyds Bank joins scramble for new current accounts
- Will the council force me to sell my home to pay for care?
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more