Day In a Page
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tube strike 2014: Embattled RMT insists next wave of strike action is ‘on’ amid fresh row over effectiveness of walkout
- Wikipedia articles about Cherie Blair and Muslim terrorists 'altered by government computers'
- Meredith Kercher killing: Kercher and Knox had fight over money on night of the British student's death, says Italian court
- Tube strike 2014: Save the Children's sobering tweet to first world problems
- East Midlands Airport shut down after cargo jet's landing gear fails
- Ukip MEP Roger Helmer: People should be able to dislike homosexuality like they do different types of tea
- Tube strike map April 2014: Which lines will be closed? And when will it go on until?
- Jeremy Paxman quits Newsnight after 25 years
- Kurt Cobain’s suicide note: Did Nirvana frontman accuse Courtney Love of ‘siphoning’ his money in disparaging letter?
- Wilko Johnson, diagnosed with terminal cancer, undergoes pioneering operation which could save his life
- Bob Hoskins dead: Stephen Fry and BAFTA lead tributes to the late Hook and Mona Lisa actor, who has died of pneumonia aged 71
- Bob Hoskins dead: 7 things you didn’t know about the actor from Jamie T music video to hatred of Super Mario
- Bob Hoskins dead: Actor dies after battle with pneumonia, aged 71
- Who is Daisy Ridley? Star Wars 7 unknown becomes overnight internet sensation
- Ellen Page on coming out as gay: ‘I want to love someone freely and walk down the street and hold my girlfriend’s hand’
- Peaches Geldof cause of death to be confirmed at inquest tomorrow
- Scorpions drummer James Kottak imprisoned in Dubai for offensive behaviour after insulting Islam and exposing himself
- Rihanna topless magazine cover: Singer pushes Instagram too far, as social platform bans naked picture
- Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas split: Royal wedding bets are off just one month after couple's first official engagement
- Beyonce ‘harms children’ and is ‘part of the problem’ with black teenage pregnancy, claims US TV host Bill O’Reilly
- Rihanna sued by former head of security over claims that she made ‘nauseatingly offensive’ comments about him
- George Clooney resigns from United Nations peacekeeping role because he’s just too busy
- Max Clifford guilty: Simon Cowell is first high profile client to disassociate himself from publicist after he is ‘horrified’ at teenage sexual assault verdict
- Lily Allen explains return to music: Sheezus star missed ‘free clothes and handbags’
- George Clooney engaged: Actor’s mum confirms ‘happy news’, as Amal Alamuddin’s chambers break ranks to release statement
- Rupert Everett on prostitutes and social cleansing: ‘It's important Soho doesn't lose its rough edges’
- Robbie Williams and wife Ayda Field expecting second baby: Those left nauseous after ‘we’re practising’ overshare can finally stop worrying
- Billy Connolly reacted to Parkinson’s and prostate cancer double diagnosis by blowing a raspberry and remaining 'business-like'
- Stem cells used to heal damaged hearts for the first time
- Birds living in Chernobyl's shadow are adapting to the radiation, say scientists
- High doses of antidepressants 'double chances of suicidal behaviour in teens'
- Would you push a stranger off a bridge? How your morals depend on language
- The simple tests that tell if you’ll live to a ripe old age
- Real-life Atlantis? The world's megacities that are sinking 10 times faster than water levels are rising
- Scientists find explanation for why women may seem more scared of mice than men
- Malcolm Tierney: Character actor who specialised in villains and rogues and was best known for his roles in 'Brookside' and 'Lovejoy'
- Bob Gray: Public relations executive who worked for two US presidents and became a highly sought-after lobbyist
- Ryan Tandy: Rugby league player whose career was overshadowed by personal demons and who was banned for match-fixing
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Some swearing offends, and some doesn’t. It’s all about context
- If Jeremy Paxman worked in Pakistan, he'd be lucky to be alive
- Vince Cable won’t apologise – but at least he could reveal all
- #Weareallmonkeys: Can a picture of a banana fight racism?
- Talk to the trees, Boris
- Talking Points: Johnny Borrell and where not to eat dinner
- Are we fair game for harassment because we support Ukip?
- Nigel Farage has bottled his by-election chance, and Ukip is over
- What’s impressive about Thomas Piketty is his analysis not his politics
- Bob Hoskins death: He leaves a rich and varied legacy
- Star Wars 7: The question on everyone's mind - will it actually be any good?
- Confession time: I prefer corporate chains to independent shops
- Nigel Farage is making waves but he lacks a crucial quality in leadership: courage
- What does the latest accolade for Lupita Nyong'o say about the 'acceptability' of black skin in the film and fashion worlds?
- Inside Whitehall: A sober look at costs led to the alcohol price U-turn
- So why isn’t it racist when other parties talk about controlling immigration?
- A huge UK-based company is the subject of a takeover by an even bigger US-based company. Should we be worried?
- Nigel Farage: My response to Barbara Roche
- Max Clifford guilty verdict: To inflict suffering and feel no shame - that is the mystery of men like this
- World's 50 best restaurants list: food isn't the only ingredient to judge
- David Miliband on Yemen: A forgotten crisis in the Arab world’s poorest country
- Avril Lavigne's ‘Hello Kitty’ and the stereotypes of Japanese women
- Letter from the Deputy Business Editor: Royal Mail's hedge fund shareholders
- i Editor's Letter: After the terrible murder of Ann Maguire, what can be done to protect teachers from violence?
- Ann Maguire stabbing: Britain can learn more from the life of this much-loved teacher than her violent, shocking and untimely death
- Clayton Lockett: The torturous death of one convict at the hands of an American state refreshes and distils the case for repeal
- Royal Mail sell-off: Why did Mr Cable trust these cash-hungry corporations?
- The likely result of this election will bring Iraq little comfort
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Senna anniversary: The death of Roland Ratzenberger – Imola's forgotten tragedy
- Ayrton Senna: Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela and Senna - how a racing diver gained near demigod status to the people of Brazil
- Ayrton Senna: The one positive from Senna's death has seen safety improvements prevent any further deaths in F1 20 years on
- Ayrton Senna: The Black Weekend - Remembering the tragic weekend at Imola 20 years ago that saw the death of Senna and Roland Ratzenberger
- Ayrton Senna: Senna in his own words as world remembers the 20th anniversary of his fatal crash
- Ayrton Senna: The Brazilian's greatest drives as the world remembers 20th anniversary of his death
- Ayrton Senna: Brazilian takes his place among our 10 best F1 drivers
- Ayrton Senna: McLaren chief Ron Dennis still struggles to talk about tragic death of Ayrton Senna ahead of 20th Anniversary of fatal Imola crash
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Do you need a curved TV? We talk to Samsung about their newly launched curved sets
- Anonymous social network Secret comes to UK
- MIT to establish 'Bitcoin ecosystem' by giving away the cryptocurrency to every student
- China ends its ban on foreign games console with Microsoft's Xbox One
- Google removes ‘deceptive’ adverts placed by American anti-abortion groups
- Destiny: Everything you need to know about Bungie's hyped "shared world shooter"
- MacBook Air update: Apple adds Haswell chips and drops prices by £100 across the board
- The Twitter effect: Why using social media too much can lead to divorce
- Google's self-driving cars are now tackling street driving, but are they too wimpy?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'