Day In a Page
Tuesday, 29 July 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- All hail the IT department: the real heroes of the recession
- How worried should we be about the spread of Ebola?
- A woman didn't want to take maternity pictures. So her husband did them instead
- This teen has perfected the art of mimicing celebrities on his instagram
- Six of the most awkward TV interviews ever witnessed
- The 9 best worst things you can buy from the Ukip gift shop
- This robot is trying to hitch-hike across North America by itself
- International Tiger Day: Here's everything you need to know
- Your picture is everything in the shallow world of online dating
- And the Oscar for most distasteful film poster of the year goes to...
- Prince Harry's Commonwealth Games photobomb: Royally outdone by his grandmother in quest for unnecessary publicity
- Lucian Freud's son fails in High Court battle over artist's £42m secret trust
- Sally Farmiloe dead: Howards' Way actress, and former mistress of Jeffrey Archer, dies aged 60
- Australian model Robyn Lawley stages naked protest against huge coal mine seven times the size of Sydney Harbour
- Russell Brand accuses Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- Drew Barrymore’s sister Jessica found dead in her car surrounded by 'dozens of white pills'
- Welsh rugby player Ian Gough found guilty of attacking Dane Bowers' fiancee Sophia Cahill
- Backstreet Boys confuse Israel-Gaza with MH17
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Sarah Palin uses Joan Rivers as 'source of foreign policy wisdom' in video urging support for Israel
- Slash admits he drugged girlfriend's mother in order to sleep with daughter when he was 14
- John Legend on Israel-Gaza: 'So sick watching our Secretary of State grovel to tell Israel how much he loves them'
- Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- Bernie Ecclestone attempts to halt £26m German bribery trial
- Cheryl Cole: Madame Tussauds could remove tattoos from singer's waxwork
- Neil Young signs on to save the rainforest - using solar powered mobile phones
- Massive Attack visit Palestinian refugees in Lebanon: 'All of them have a right to a life of dignity and beauty'
- Pussy Riot to sue Russian government for imprisoning them after anti-Putin 'punk prayer' church protest
- Lostprophets members 'would have killed Ian Watkins on the spot' if they'd known about frontman's child sex abuse
- Lauren Goodger sex tape: Reality star on being a victim of revenge porn 'It made me feel dirty and embarrassed'
- Richard Norris: Man who had whole face transplant after being shot becomes GQ star
- Lionel Messi tax evasion: Barcelona star to face prosecution over 'unpaid taxes', judge rules
- Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- Newspaper somehow runs photo of Jackass' Ryan Dunn instead of dead Israeli soldier
- James Shigeta: Die Hard and Flower Drum Song Actor dies aged 81
- Skye McCole Bartusiak: Film and television actress who appeared in 'The Cider House Rules', 'Don't Say a Word' and 'The Patriot'
- Alan Greenberg: Financier who built up the Bear Stearns empire but who was partly blamed for the global financial crisis
- Ray Lonnen: Debonair stage and television actor who played coppers and military types and starred in the series 'Harry's Game'
- Andy Garnett: Leading figure of the 1950s London set who later helped develop one of Britain's most innovative engineering firms
- Carlo Bergonzi: Operatic tenor acclaimed for his golden tones, superb phrasing and his unrivalled interpretations of Verdi
- Jack Tocco: Mobster who was convicted for his part in a 30-year racketeering conspiracy but proclaimed his innocence
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kids these days aren't what they used to be — they're a lot better. So why the fuss?
- Be they burlesque dancers or arms dealers, a bank has no business judging the morality of its clients
- A new wave of Latin Americans is invading Miami – and they're bringing in wealth
- If we want true gender equality, Commander Sarah West must be treated the same as any man
- Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- Does Cameron really believe in 'British Values'?
- Our sanctions will not cripple Russia. It is doing a lot of the dirty work itself
- Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- How to keep it real and escape from the screen this summer
- Our sanctions will not cripple Russia. It is doing a lot of the dirty work itself
- Does David Cameron actually believe in his tough new immigration stance?
- Richard Dawkins is wrong to suggest that there can be varying degrees of severity involved in rape
- Fist bumps will never replace the handshake - we're just not cool enough
- We ignore the new anti-Semitism taking hold at our peril
- China’s corrupt purge
- Israel goes rogue: America’s inability to use its leverage over Netanyahu signals a worrying new chapter in Middle East history
- The net must be cast wider for the BBC Trust’s new head
- Libor and the Old Lady: Lloyds has exposed the Bank of England’s negligence
- The parent trap
- The price of justice
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India: Moeen Ali excels as England close in on victory
- England vs India: Moeen Ali may face charge over ‘Free Palestine’ wristbands
- England vs India report: At last, England show some fight and force India to suffer
- England v India: Jimmy Anderson’s birthday delivery overshadowed by spat with Ajinkya Rahane
- Jacques Kallis retires: South Africa all-rounder calls time on all formats of international cricket
- England v India: Broad smiles for Stuart as Peter Moores' pep talk releases the shackles of Ashes defeat
- Will Gore: The goodwill shown by fans towards Alastair Cook will evaporate rapidly if India win the series
- Moeen Ali banned from wearing pro-Palestinian wristbands: what happens when sport turns political?
- England vs India third Test: Moeen Ali banned from wearing 'Save Gaza' and 'Free Palestine' wristbands by the ICC
- England vs India: Jaunty Jos Buttler ‘can become a match-winner in Tests’
- Commonwealth Games 2014: David Millar ready to serve up gold for his beloved Scotland in the end
- Commonwealth Games: Long jumper Greg Rutherford makes golden mark north of the border
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Louis Smith rekindles the romance after helping England to team gymnastics gold
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Laura Weightman puts final gloss on silver night for England
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Nicola Adams fillets Erandi de Silva to keep boxing gold in sight
- Commonwealth Games 2014: I cannot believe Welsh pair are cheats, says Dai Greene
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Alex Danson and Susannah Townsend give England impetus to go past Scotland and reach hockey semi-finals
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Max Whitlock's gymnastics gold puts down a marker for Rio Olympics
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Proud day for Britain as home nations enjoy a night to remember in the pool
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Adam Gemili says 100m medal is just the beginning
- Commonwealth Games 2014: ‘Worst time to be leaving,’ but Emma Pooley is ready to concentrate on triathlon
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Nigerian table-tennis player celebrates bronze by pulling his shorts down
- Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Nicola Adams gets quest for gold off to a strong start with unanimous points win
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Rutherford follows in family footsteps at Hampden
- Commonwealth Games Diary: Was Usain Bolt backing the Kiwis against Jamaica?
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Vapshot lets you literally inhale your alcohol
- 'World's first man-made leaves' could use photosynthesis to help astronauts breathe
- House of Lords criticises right-to-be-forgotten laws as 'unworkable and wrong in principle'
- Sense kit: 22-year-old British entrepreneur raises $1.2m to help Silicon Valley sleep
- Driverless cars to get UK boost with £10m fund and licenses for public roads by January 2015
- 'iPhone Slow': Do Apple's smartphones get slower when a new one is launched?
- Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
- Police place adverts on piracy websites
- 'That's how websites work': OkCupid boasts about Facebook-style experiments on users
- Meow Chat: New app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ryanair has turned on the 'charm offensive' but can we learn to love the cut-price carrier again?
- Czech out Prague, sample seafood in Sweden, and paddle the Scottish Highlands: Travel deals
- What is the best time of year to go to Cape Town? Travel Q&A
- Five ways to take a sailing holiday
- Luxury cruise line accused of offering ‘environmental disaster tourism’ with high-carbon footprint Arctic voyage
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tories' proposed tuition fee hike is a 'hammer blow' to young people, claim Labour
- Tuition fees could rise past £9,000 under new Government plans
- Oxford student aiming to crowdfund her master's degree hits back at critics for calling her a 'posh brat'
- Canadian engineering student builds rollercoaster in his own back garden
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 SAG Awards: Fake applause track interrupts Reese Witherspoon