Day In a Page
Thursday, 30 January 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Metal band Skinny Puppy send US government invoice after finding out their music was 'used as torture device in Guantanamo Bay'
- Here's one we won't be seeing at the Sochi Games
- Armed clown hunted by police
- Video: Real life GTA 5 as man fights car, punches thin air and spontaneously sprints before police swoop in
- Mystery of flying snakes may be resolved
- After it was revealed that shamed 'crystal Methodist' Co-op boss Paul Flowers scored top marks, we ask: Does psychometric testing actually work?
- Former Greenpeace leading light condemns them for opposing GM 'golden rice' crop that could save two million children from starvation per year
- It's raining, it's pouring...molten iron: Scientists create first ever weather map of a 'brown dwarf'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Richard Garner: Education conflicts look set to continue
- The anguish of King Lear’s ‘despised old man’ is timeless
- The Big Questions: Is the 50p tax rate a good idea? Do libraries still matter? Is Ukip electable?
- Meredith Kercher murder: The verdict has changed. The evidence has not
- The Knox case reminds us that it isn’t always easy to have confidence in justice systems
- As SodaStream and Scarlett Johansson found out the hard way, many ‘global ambassadors’ are just an accident waiting to happen
- Inside Westminster: Labour’s 50p tax announcement was a needless own goal
- Editor's letter: Your chance to shape the future of this newspaper
- Errors and Omissions: Byzantium deserves a better press than this
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Yet another reason to prefer dogs
- We can no longer protest like Pete Seeger
- Man about town: Man v Food v Obesity
- Winter Olympics 2014: Britain must make clear that it totally opposes Russia’s treatment of LGBT people
- Why the Government must face up to Edward Snowden's growing indictment of state surveillance
- Debate: Should ivory stockpiles be destroyed?
- It's not because I'm short that I feel ‘paranoid and suspicious’, it's because of how people react to my height
- The surprising transformation of Bilawal Bhutto into a leader of Pakistan's anti-Taliban movement
- How should we prepare our children for racism?
- i Editor's Letter: Protecting kids from second-hand smoke
- Hells on wheels: Top Gear is back with more prime-time pranks but I'm nostalgic for the days of non-exploding caravans and practicality
- I'm with the band: 'How I felt the immense power of One Direction - and their devoted fans - after a mix-up on Twitter'
- If his 2015 manifesto is going to feature a load of pledges he can’t stick to, shouldn’t Nick Clegg at least have some fun with it?
- Robert Fisk: If only Tony Blair could grasp the truth about Field Marshal Sisi
- Is masculinity in crisis?
- On the Somerset floods, our inbox tells you all you need to know
- The disturbing parallels between Syria's civil war and Spain in the 1930s
- Remove humans from the equation and self-service shoplifting is the result
- Just because a customer complains doesn't make them right
- Yes, people waste time on Facebook - but that's hardly the most important problem with the site
- How #FindMike helps to break suicide stigma
- Deportation for Justin Bieber? Relax, pop stars are supposed to live on the edge
- Who would favour 45-week school terms? Tory strategists, clearly - but anyone with children ought to think twice
- The tiny house movement: Could you live in a miniature home?
- Why an independent Scotland could become the richest country on Earth
- Homophobia doesn't just oppress gay people, it affects us all
- i Editor's Letter: Our 1,000th edition
- It’s a Google world; but that doesn’t mean the company will be around forever
- David Cameron wants his own way within the European Union. Alas for him, other leaders might call his bluff
- If young men are choosing not to go to university, so be it
- If the environmentalist movement is to stay relevant, it must embrace world-changing technologies like GM
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andy Flower departs following disastrous Ashes tour for England
- Twenty20 series: England lose latest series after being thrashed by Australia in Melbourne
- Alex Hales: We are making fresh start for World T20
- Twenty20 series: England opener Alex Hales confident of comeback to win three-match series after Hobart defeat
- Women's Ashes 2014: England lose second Twenty20 international
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone in favour of extending double-points scheme to final three races despite negative reaction to new ruling
- F1: Red Bull will overcome difficult testing in Jerez, says Daniel Ricciardo
- F1: Red Bull problems continue during testing after Daniel Ricciardo forced out of car amid smoke
- F1: Jenson Button tops day two testing in Jerez but progress hampered by knee infection
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Watch this amazing supercut of every Oscar winner for Visual Effects since 1977
- Government to introduce approved website 'whitelist' to counter indiscriminate filters
- Map of the Internet 1.0: Explore this beautiful, hand-drawn map of the online world
- The story of @N: Rare Twitter account 'stolen'
- First drone-assisted arrest in America began with a dispute over six cows
- Paper: Facebook's new app curates news stories from old media in 'distraction free' format
- PS Vita Slim UK release date, price revealed: Is this Sony's last handheld console?
- 'Spying Birds': Angry Birds website hacked after GCHQ revelations over 'leaky apps'
- Lenovo jumps to the top table with $2.9bn Motorola purchase from Google
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Three students charged with violent disorder after Birmingham protest, and could face up to eight years in prison
- Henry&Aaron 'stay in school or else you will die a bloody death' video warns students not to skip class
- Women are now a third more likely than men to opt to go to university, according to UCAS application figures
- Aberystwyth University evacuates 600 students following extreme weather reports
- Warwick students break university staff strikes by holding self-run lectures
- Buckinghamshire New University students fight to save furniture degrees from the chop
- Police accused of kettling student protesters at a national demonstration in Birmingham
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights