Day In a Page
Tuesday, 30 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scientists grow an ear from living tissue
- Cancer treatment breakthrough? Scientists reveal hope for protecting patients from radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Stunning images of night sky revealed as the Royal Observatory Greenwich announces shortlist for Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- Scientists grow human tooth using stem cells taken from urine
- Colonel Bud Day: Soldier who was held prisoner by the Vietcong for over five years
- William Mysterious: Bassist with punk rockers the Rezillos
- Lord Chitnis of Ryedale: Liberal Party stalwart who went on to head the Joseph Rowntree Trust
- Gary Shearston: Singer who had a hit with Cole Porter's 'I Get A Kick Out Of You'
- Mick Farren: Musician and writer who played a leading role in the UK's counter-culture
- Barnaby Jack: Ethical hacker and expert on security for computers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Helen Grant: It would be a mistake to rush legislation on caste discrimination
- David Cameron's G8 playlist choices, deciphered
- The Grace Dent Guide to Happiness
- Pope Francis puts people first and dogma second. Is this really the new face of Catholicism?
- The Conservatives do have a 'northern problem' and Lord Howell has just summed it up
- For Americans, there's magic in our monarchy
- Don't announce your retirement, Richard Curtis - it's far better to fade to black
- Who will stop One Direction fans from threatening GQ staff?
- Mark Carney has been welcomed in the UK, so why won't Canada welcome British immigrants?
- No, I'm not on Twitter. Is that a problem?
- All publicity is good publicity, except where GQ and One Direction fans are concerned
- Of course Gareth Bale should go to Real Madrid. We may mourn his departure, but how can you expect loyalty in modern football?
- Cleared of aiding the enemy, Bradley Manning still faces a lifetime in jail. The very least we owe this heroic man is a debate on US foreign policy
- Justin Welby and now the Pope supporting gay rights: Trendy vicars, your time has come at last
- The fracking debate is more about power than energy
- Nick Clegg not involved in the the ‘go home’ campaign: how the ‘racist van’ is a way to win votes
- Is there bullying in your workplace? Here's why
- Coming to America? If it's a Sunday, get ready to queue
- Happiness index: Cheer up, you Chicken Lickens. Disaster isn’t just around the corner
- What makes a whistleblower? Bradley Manning follows in an illustrious tradition of truth-tellers
- It’s hard to know what to think about immigration. But not impossible
- Homogeneous nudity in lads' mags is bad, but not as bad as female-bashing 'news'
- Life on Marsden: I never thought I'd be thrown out of a bar. Let alone because of a suit jacket
- Alex Reid sells Katie Price wedding ring in Now Magazine: Is it in bad taste?
- You shouldn't pee on a jellyfish sting like in ‘Friends’ - and other medical myths
- Colin Murray, John Inverdale, Alan Shearer: Which BBC pundit irritates you most?
- Is jail the right punishment for jurors discussing their case outside of court?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: James Anderson relishes a home stage finally fit for his talents
- Comment: Why don't Australia greats like Shane Warne coach the current crop?
- Ashes 2013: The enigma that is the Australia captain Michael Clarke
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia - top five moments at Old Trafford
- Ashes 2013: Alastair Cook confident Kevin Pietersen will be fit for third Test
- Sacked head coach Mickey Arthur 'reaches settlement' with Cricket Australia
- Ashes 2013: Kevin Pietersen tests the pain barrier to prove his fitness for third Test
- Cricket World Cup brings old adversaries together again
- Ashes 2013: It's been tough but we fight on, says not so jolly Chris Rogers
- The Light Roller: Recalling familiar faces Chris Tremlett and Monty Panesar tells us a lot about the depth of England's talent pool
- England drawn against hosts Australia for 2015 Cricket World Cup
- F1: ‘Smooth-sailing’ Lewis Hamilton ready to ride wave of first win for title voyage
- F1: Fernando Alonso publicly rebuked by Ferrari president
- F1: Lewis Hamilton switch to Mercedes vindicated by victory says Ross Brawn
- F1: Indian Grand Prix on the skids, says Bernie Ecclestone
- F1: It’s a long shot, but victory in Hungary makes me think Lewis Hamilton can win the world title
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Even worse than Foxconn': Apple rocked by child labour claims
- Video of RHex the 'Parkour Robot' is magnificent, idiotic
- Eve Online's biggest ever battle was the game's 'Battle of the Alamo'
- Dell ships Project Ophelia: a HDMI plug-in that streams computers from the cloud
- GTA V: new screenshots show off boats, BASE jumps and a drive-by shooting
- Sony and Panasonic create 300GB Blu-ray successor for archives and pros
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Once again, changing what passengers do: I'll price luggage out of the hold, says Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary
- The 10 Best days out in the city
- Deals of the week - Spanish cities, Newquay, Paxos
- Get me out of here - Tenerife, Finland, Ibiza
- A fishy business: TripAdvisor falls victim to fake Brixham seafood restaurant Oscar's
- Passengers on delayed easyJet flight are given 86 years to browse duty-free shops
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014