Day In a Page
Monday, 30 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Daily Mail vs Ed Miliband - now the flames have really been stoked
- Malcolm Gladwell is wrong: The counterintuitive idea shouldn't always become conventional wisdom
- Porn on the Brain: Why is there so little scientific research about porn?
- The Conservatives face a battle of ideas and are not sure how to win it
- There’s one thing that no-one tells you about parenting: how much you learn from your children
- Many believe Britain has an Environment Secretary whose heart isn’t really in global warming
- The developers’ charter spells doom for our green spaces
- Of course some teachers will bump up marks. Coursework puts teachers in a lose-lose position
- Live: How can the Tories win in 2015?
- Stoptober, Movember, Mecember? Charitable fundraising has become a self-centred affair
- Bridget Jones is single again, thank God. We need you more than ever
- Osborne's jobcentre reform is more ‘tough luck’ than ‘tough love’
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Should toddlers be sent to the naughty step?
- A Syrian solution to civil conflict? The Free Syrian Army is holding talks with Assad's senior staff
- Boris and David are now best friends – but for how long?
- Steve Ballmer’s theatrical farewell to Microsoft: Is fervour a help or hindrance to business success?
- At last! Playing air guitar is recognised as a genuinely creative act
- The US shutdown isn’t serious, but the reasons behind it are
- The best weapon against the far right? Empathy
- Screw Stoptober - smoking is cool
- Ed Miliband versus Paul Dacre: Going to war with the Daily Mail might actually be smart politics
- US Government shutdown: Their row, our holidays
- In or out of a squirrel suit, Dom Joly is never afraid to be bold
- HIV: Winning abroad, losing at home
- Kenya is looking East, but not for comfort
- Scrap HS2, and solve the North-South divide while you’re at it
- A wolf in Pope's clothing? Francis is not the progressive man he has been made out to be
- People who write about their cats used to make my eyes roll. How things change
- Life on Marsden: I'm fundamentally unable to communicate with small children
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lancashire complete expected signing of England One-Day International wicketkeeper Jos Buttler after Somerset exit
- The Light Roller: 2013 was not a classic season but there were still plenty of highlights
- Australia captain Michael Clarke suffers injury setback forcing him out of the tour to India and raising fears over Ashes fitness
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Apple patents digital autographs for ebooks
- Smartphone-powered earthquake detectors could help direct first responders in an emergency
- Watch every iPhone speed-tested at the same time
- Find yourself amongst the 1.26bn Facebook users on one webpage
- US shoppers prefer PS4 to Xbox One
- Eminem and Lady Gaga to perform at YouTube's first ever music awards show
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more