Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Meet your new feminist hero - he's a 44-year-old man
- Here's how your crisps can be used to spy on you
- Rappers love singing about themselves (and here's the proof)
- Here are all the non-racist things Jeremy Clarkson has said
- Meanwhile, in Russia, Vladimir Putin's popularity is soaring
- People of Scotland: Kriss Akabusi and Cilla Black want you to stay
- Someone on the London Underground really loves Doctor Who
- Whose side are people in Britain, France and the US on?
- Boris Johnson wants to be an MP, his adviser wants him to stop talking
- Meanwhile, in the Middle East, Isis continues its reign of terror
- Days of fighting, 1,800 dead and a 77 per cent approval rating for Benjamin Netanyahu
- Everything David Cameron said about Gaza before Baroness Warsi resigned
- Why is a site exposing human rights abuses in Gaza under attack?
- One man is refusing to give up on the Jeremy Bowen rumour
- In-flight magazine tells passengers: 'Don't take Orwell's 1984 to Thailand'
- Rich, beautiful, talented? You're still worth less as a woman in Hollywood
- A History of The Great War in 100 Moments
- The good causes of the famous ‘benefit themselves more than the charities’
- Inbetweeners 2: Meet Emily Berrington – the sequel’s unfortunate new object of affections
- Scottish independence: The famous for and against – and the Scots who just want to decide for themselves
- Kanye West believes drones will electrocute and kill his daughter
- David Attenborough, Patrick Stewart and, erm, Will Carling among 200 dignitaries to sign open letter against Scottish Independence
- Justin Bieber has befriended Malala Yousafzai
- Ludacris leaves his daughter at the airport: Blames airline, obviously
- Wiz Khalifa: Arrest warrant out for rapper after he skips court date
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin obtain marriage license
- James Franco addresses 'homophobic' Gawker report he's living with 'gay partner' Scott Haze
- Oscar Pistorius murder trial: The case for and against
- JK Rowling sends letter from Dumbledore to 15-year-old fan who lost entire family in Texas gun massacre
- Harry Chapman Pincher dead: Legendary journalist dies aged 100
- Kate Nash’s former music teacher imprisoned over child porn charges
- London Grammar denies Illuminati accusations
- Russell Brand on Scottish Independence: Comedian casts Sean Hannity asunder to engage in the other big emotive debate
- RIP Harry Styles and Andy Murray: Campaign mourns the deaths of World War I heroes
- Jeff Goldblum attends wedding, poses for spectacular Jurassic Park photo with bride, groom and guests
- Robert Peston: 'There was sex abuse at my secondary school'
- Brittany Murphy's death could have been prevented by stopping paparazzi from hounded her, leading pathologist claims
- Justin Bieber saved a man from being mauled by a bear. Sort of.
- Marilyn Burns death: Texas Chain Saw Massacre actress dies aged 65
- Michael Jackson hit with new child sex abuse claims more than five years after his death
- What your cheekbones say about you: Study shows brains make snap judgments on whether to trust a face ‘in a matter of milliseconds’
- Scientists regrow nerves in paralysed rats' spinal cords using human cells
- How do you spot a narcissist? Just ask them
- After 10 years, Rosetta closes in on comet – but is there a place to land?
- 'Hello, Comet!': jubilation as Rosetta probe becomes first to orbit around comet
- Rosetta comet rendezvous: watch live as the comet-chaser finally catches up with its target
- Rosetta spacecraft nears historic, 34,000mph rendezvous with 'rubber duck' comet
- Chapman Pincher: Investigative journalist whose scoops on defence and espionage rattled the British government
- Billie Fleming: Long-distance cyclist who rode nearly 30,000 miles across Britain in a calendar year, a record that stands to this day
- Damian D'Oliveira: Accomplished cricketer who followed in his father's distinguished footsteps
- James Brady: Ronald Reagan's press secretary who was injured in the 1981 attempt on the President's life
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- We can fear, or we can care: why we welcomed Ebola into our hospital
- Gluttons of the Galaxy: Why is the world still lapping up comic book movies?
- i Editor's Letter: Baroness Warsi is principled, but let's not pretend this wasn't also revenge
- i Editor's Letter: Sayeeda Warsi's departure: Motivated by principle, executed with vengeance
- Why HIV harm-reduction works
- These food sanctions show that Russia is far less predictable when hurt
- Boris's bumbling persona and family fortune can help drag Britain back to the future
- My fascination with the First World War used to be seen as geeky. Not any more ...
- Boris is too scared to take on Ukip
- President jails brave journalists – and Burma heads back to the bad old days
- The triumph of hysteria and misinformation
- We all need to have a say in Scotland’s great debate
- Don’t be taken in by the buffoonery. Boris is a very serious operator
- This is how we can protect the citizens of Gaza and ensure the long-term security of Israel
- What is the distinction between doing something anti-Semitic and being an anti-Semite?
- The upsides to being a bit of a loner
- The Tricycle Cinema’s refusal to host a Jewish Film Festival raises issues of immense complexity
- The media's sexism towards Baroness Warsi can be measured by the ‘flounce’
- Is Boris Johnson's U-turn worth the risk? Machiavelli might have seen the flaws
- So $100m is the price of justice for Bernie Ecclestone – we could learn from him
- Despite claims that anti-Semitism is on the rise in the UK, it's Israel's critics who need protection
- To effect real change, Americans should exercise their right not to vote
- Commuters of Britain: unite against this aural tyranny!
- Manchester airport bomb scare: There's no trauma like one in mid-air
- Sorry Dell, but I don't want any of your computers to try and read my mood
- As well as killing hundreds of Gaza's children, Israel has destroyed the lives of thousands more
- Does Boris’s decision to stand as an MP threaten Cameron? Not really
- i Whitehall Editor's Letter: Scheming, charismatic, ambitious: is Boris Johnson the leader Conservative voters want?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India fourth Test: Four wickets, no runs, 13 balls... England strike early to rattle India
- England v India fourth Test: Alastair Cook defies India’s outrage and tells Jimmy Anderson to keep on swearing
- England v India fourth Test: England to make hay having turned summer around
- England v India: Six-gun Stuart Broad reveals knee surgery plan to be ready for World Cup action
- England vs India fourth Test: Alastair Cook defies India’s outrage and tells Jimmy Anderson to keep on swearing
- Jimmy Anderson: ICC will not appeal against ruling that cleared the England bowler
- Video: Latest transfer round-up - Manchester United ramp up Thomas Vermaelen bid while Arsenal could sign Sami Khedira on the cheap
- France's Claire Lavogez scores goal of the year candidate in Under-20 World Cup
- Video: Latest transfer round-up - Ezequiel Lavezzi linked with Liverpool but Arturo Vidal's Manchester United move hits the buffers
- US PGA Championship 2014: Lee Westwood soars back to former heights as Tiger Woods is grounded
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy holds the spotlight as the man they all need to beat at Valhalla
- US PGA Championship 2014: It wasn’t very good. I hit lots of bad shots, says Tiger Woods of his opening round
- 2014 PGA Championship: Tiger Woods gets back in the swing as clock ticks for final decision over injury
- PGA Championship 2014: Sergio Garcia hoping to shake off bridesmaid tag and run off with Rory McIlroy’s cake
- Toronto Masters 2014: Andy Murray into last eight without breaking sweat as Novak Djokovic falls away
- Heather Watson and Andy Murray make sublime progress in Canada
- Serena Williams and Roger Federer – do they know something we don’t or have they missed their chance to retire on top?
- Andy Murray: Briton defeats Nick Kyrgios at the Rogers Cup in 54 minutes
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Self-folding 'origami' robots could be the future of space exploration or search-and-rescue
- Google tweaks search algorithm to give encrypted sites higher rankings
- Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight review: can an ebook reader with faster pages beat the Kindle?
- Hackers blasted AC/DC through Iranian computers as they disabled nuclear power plant
- Forgotten but not gone: AOL's dial-up internet service still makes more money than their ads
- Transport for London trials free Wi-Fi on buses
- Facial recognition app for dogs helps reunite lost pets with worried owners
- Wikipedia warns that EU legislation will create 'Orwellian memory holes' in the internet
- Apple patent outlines wireless charging concept
- Apple and Samsung call a truce on patent disputes outside the US
- Russian hacker gang amasses 'largest ever' database of online credentials
- iPhone 6 release date: New Apple smartphone set for September 9 launch
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Edinburgh International Festival plays host to Russian symphony - with Ukrainian conductor
- What Does the Title Matter Anyway?, Underbelly, McEwan Hall, comedy review
- Camilla Cleese in American...ish, Gilded Balloon, review: 'Surprisingly prickly'
- Backstage in Biscuit Land, Pleasance Courtyard, review: Remarkable Tourette's-inspired comedy
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- FCO issues advice on local customs for hapless Brits abroad
- Air India flight grounded after 'scores of rats' discovered on plane
- Menorca and Mallorca bug strikes down at least 70 British tourists
- St Lucia: The sweet life
- From a short break in Wales to the sun of Sardinia: Deals of the week
- How can I avoid more baggage misery at Gatwick later this month?
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C