Day In a Page
Thursday, 7 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution
- Fountain of youth? Scientists discover why wounds heal quicker for young people
- Six-tailed asteroid leaves astronomers ‘dumbfounded’
- Gay and straight men may have different facial shapes, new study suggests
- CRISPR gene therapy: Scientists call for more public debate around breakthrough technique
- Lythronax argestes: Scientists discover new ‘King of Gore’ dinosaur species that is ‘great-uncle’ to T-rex
- One-tonne satellite will fall back to Earth in an unknown location
- Roger Pope: Sideman who backed Elton John on hits such as 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart'
- Elvin Heiberg: Lieutenant-general who expressed public regret that he didn’t fight harder for New Orleans floodgates
- Gérard de Villiers: Pulp fiction writer whose intelligence contacts gave his books the semblance of being true to life
- John Cole obituary
- Marcia Wallace: The voice of Bart's teacher Edna Krabappel since the start of 'The Simpsons'
- Doctor Jim Birley: Pioneer of local care who also changed the way we view schizophrenia
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Messianic Judaism – the best of both creeds
- Ed Miliband’s ratings gone from ‘abysmal’ to just ‘bad’ but he will need new tunes to charm the voters
- How hateful is Britain? Insulted, bullied and murdered – for being disabled
- Goldman Sachs new half weekend rules: you can have Saturday off, folks
- Remembrance day: We remember, but we do not celebrate
- Haiyan and the other Philippines typhoon: The untold political scandal underpinning this tragedy
- The Big Questions: Were German authorities wrong to hide the discovery of art looted by the Nazis?
- From sport to politics, male assertiveness is getting out of hand
- Errors and Omissions: Alibi is everywhere it shouldn’t be
- John Lewis advert: Ah the spirit of Christmas, brought to you by huge department stores
- It’s nice to have a piece of work in mind when you call your builder. Or, just invite him to the cinema
- As if they never were: Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile are being written out of history, but at what cost?
- Will Labour reverse the privatisation of the NHS? I want to believe it...
- Male or female, sexual exploitation is never a romp – as Chris Brown's victimisation as a child proves
- A cinematic smörgåsbord of interesting female characters
- Why we should kill the Green Climate Fund
- The UK’s approach to female genital mutilation isn't working
- Why the decision to circumcise must be left to parents
- Any denial of medical care is a weapon of war against Syrians
- i Editor's Letter: Maternity wards show stretch marks
- Poppycock – or why remembrance rituals make me see red
- Good luck to Bill de Blasio. He should do all right as mayor providing he follows a few simple rules
- Drivers, don’t be bashful about national stereotyping – it saves lives
- Plebgate shows the police need reform
- Why do so many critics of those of us on the left assume we are consumed by class envy?
- Meet ‘cultural norm’, he kills girls: The tragedy of child brides
- Cameron's relaxation of terror laws has made Britain less safe
- National Living Wage Week: How can big companies, earning big profits, keep paying such little wages?
- The “Bechdel Test” for Swedish films: Welcome to the modern world, where women speak about more than just men
- Justice, but not as we know it: Meredith Kercher retrial marches on without Amanda Knox
- The worst is yet to come: Edward Snowden faces a sad and lonely future
- i Editor's Letter: The 50 year anniversary of JFK's assassination
- Bad Sex Award 2013: Can you name the authors of these classic love quotes?
- How much money does Twitter owe you? (Nothing, but let's play anyway)
- Reaction: Spy chiefs claim Snowden leaks led to ‘sudden darkening’
- Twitter shares jump to $45: who are the most popular users?
- People aren't doing too well on the BBC's Ignorance test. Does it matter?
- Say hello to the new Independent
- The crews of the Arctic convoys still deserve medals
- Xi Jinping must turn his reforming rhetoric into reality at China's Communist Party conference
- The plot thickens in the death of Yasser Arafat
- Britain needs to build, and on a grand scale
- Independent redesign: This is a vehicle for world-class writing, and now smarter than ever
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Ashes 2013-14: Australia A v England XI, third day, match report - another washout brings frustration - and concern
- The Ashes 2013-14: Kevin Pietersen or Graeme Swann should captain England, not Alastair Cook, says Shane Warne
- Sachin Tendulkar's injustice opens door for DRS
- The Ashes 2013-14: Graeme Hick, the batsman who eluded greatness...
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Arsene Wenger and Arsenal players Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain send their congratulations
- Tony McCoy reaches 4,000 winners mark: Legendary jockey's marvellous milestone the result of a fierce will to win
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A day after reaching historic landmark, champions jockey turns eyes on win number 5,000
- 'AP stands for always perfect': Martin Pipe pays tribute to Tony McCoy
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A profile of the legendary jockey's career
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Jockey's Top 10 moments
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A timeline of his career highlights
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Five questions about: Gas price fixing
- Mark Dampier: I'm bullish about being a bear when it comes to investing
- Money alert: Co-operative Bank rescue plan
- Derek Pain: Once bitten, twice shy: why I'm not returning to Nighthawk
- Money Insider: Spread your spending or cut costs for a happy Christmas spending?
- Donald MacInnes: My first turn at Miami vice became a blur of shiny poles and $1 bills
- Bargain Hunter: Tesco Opticians helps drivers to keep their eyes on the road
- Questions of Cash: What a pain with Spain when I tried to get my Santander cash
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Aberystwyth University blasted for "caviar diplomacy" after making Azerbaijan connection
- Durham students in drunken cathedral roof-top rescue
- How much? University leader predicts £20,000 tuition fees for students
- 'No More Page 3' campaign boosted by show of support from Scottish Parliament
- Keele University to hike postgraduate fees by as much as a half
- Universities cancel Muslim cleric’s speaking tour over concerns about his anti-gay views
- Drunk student crushed to death in a refuse lorry after falling asleep in a wheelie bin
- Bulgarian universities in chaos as students occupy 15 campuses in anti-government protest
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'