Day In a Page
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Boris Johnson pens anti-depression poem: The Mayor of London’s ode about solving life’s problems
- Jean Kent dead: Actress killed after television fell on her as she suffered a heart attack
- Willow Smith and Moises Arias: Jada Pinkett Smith brands critics of daughter’s controversial bed picture ‘covert paedophiles’
- Lily Allen posts hospital ‘selfie’ as she’s admitted for mystery poisoning
- Rob Ford says ‘rehab is amazing’: Toronto Mayor compares treatment centre to ‘football camp’
- Kanye West and Future capture 'trophy women' with chains in 'sexist' video game 'I Won The Game'
- Russell Brand accepts libel damages from Sun on Sunday after paper claimed he cheated on girlfriend Jemima Khan
- Angelina Jolie on drugs and vials of blood: ‘You’re trying to find out who you are’
- Colin Pillinger dead: Planetary scientist known for Britain's Beagle 2 Mars mission, dies aged 70
- Bruce Willis becomes a father for the fifth time – meaning he now has as many children as Die Hard movies
- Andy Murray pays tribute to Elena Baltacha: Tennis ace dedicates victory over Nicolas Almagro by signing camera ‘Bally’
- James Blake mansion fire: Four dead in blaze at house owned by tennis star
- Peaches Geldof death: Luisa Zissman brands late socialite ‘selfish’ in article about mother-of-two’s ‘likely’ heroin use
- Willow Smith and Moises Arias: Singer, 13, criticised after she is pictured lying in bed with 20-year-old actor
- Ben Fogle was mugged and announced the news on Twitter: ‘Enjoy the black eye’
- Julia Roberts tells Sally Field she has 's**t for brains’ in televised war of expletives
- Russell Brand and Dizzee Rascal English A-level dismissed as ‘rubbish’ by Department of Education
- Jon Hamm started career in soft porn: Mad Men actor describes ‘soul-crushing’ experience
- Max Clifford guilty: Reality star Lauren Goodger stands by disgraced publicist ‘I'm very loyal to everyone who looks after me’
- Jeremy Clarkson racism claims: Ofcom launches investigation into 'slope' comment
- Scientists investigate why obesity is good for polar bears
- Pfizer AstraZeneca takeover: Drugs may be a long-term business, but size matters
- New life: Scientists create first semi-synthetic organism with 'alien' DNA
- Rising CO2 levels could reduce nutrition values of staple crops like wheat, rice and soy
- Scientists discover 'one weird trick' used by ancient Egyptians to build the pyramids
- Walter Walsh: FBI marksman who killed a clutch of Depression-era gangsters and later became the world's oldest Olympian
- Joe Lala: Sought-after percussionist who switched careers when illness struck to become an actor and voice-over artist
- Cornelius Gurlitt: Collector who was found to have a cache of art work worth more than a billion euros, some of it looted by the Nazis
- Bassem Sabry: Blogger and human rights activist who chronicled Egypt's turmoil in the years following the 2011 uprising
- Hans Hollein: Architect who won the Pritzker Prize for work that fused an appreciation of the past with bold, futuristic elements
- Gordon Harris: Powerful and muscular footballer at the heart of Harry Potts' formidable Burnley side of the 1960s
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mark Steel: The popular idea that all parties are the same is nonsense. But what voters yearn for is politicians with conviction, soul and humanity
- Jumping on the #bringbackourgirls bandwagon won't help Nigeria or stop Boko Haram
- The Premier League: a tale without romance
- The tradition of philanthropy has seemingly died out in the UK
- A phobia app won't cure my fear of spiders – I can't even look at pictures of them
- Why aren't employers hiring older women?
- Halal meat at Pizza Express: Animal rights come before religion
- i Editor’s Letter: Ukip cannot be dismissed in complacent terms
- I've had a look at the questions for the Russell Brand A-level...
- Rape, solitary confinement, and death: American prisons need reform
- Paxman should be the next chair of the BBC
- Jeremy Clarkson’s humour is often on the edge, but he’s not a racist
- What a lump on my breast told me about the folly of charging to see a GP
- What the ‘independent’ in ‘The Independent’ really means when it comes to politics
- Eurovision 2014: Can Leicester's Molly Smitten-Downes win the final for the UK?
- Alan Bennett is wrong to reject the word 'gay', we need labels for sexuality
- The internet was the last free zone in Russian society. Now Putin has it in his grasp
- How caste could swing India’s elections in favour of Hindu nationalists
- Abolishing the term ‘rape’ might improve conviction rates
- i Editor's Letter: Your suggestions for improving i
- Pakistan is using its blasphemy code to silence opponents
- Problems with free schools are a symptom of wider failings in the education system, and must be taken seriously
- The ANC inspires South Africa no longer. It must reform
- With its power plants ageing, and Russia increasingly belligerent, Britain has little choice but to drill for gas
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alastair Cook has little to gain and all to lose in Scotland match
- Stephen Brenkley: My chair collapsed – as did the press conference, into giggles
- England captain Alastair Cook confident of full support from new-look team
- Yorkshire fail to land knockout blow as defiant Keaton Jennings survives testing spells
- The Light Roller: Sorry Surrey have well and truly lost their late '90s lustre
- Stuart Broad: Bowler is confident England will improve despite having no Kevin Pietersen
- County Championship round-up: Adam Riley seizes his opportunity with both hands
- Madrid Masters: Surprise defeat to Santiago Giraldo dents Andy Murray's French Open hopes
- Madrid Masters: Andy Murray crashes out in third-round after straight-sets defeat to Colombia's Santiago Giraldo
- Madrid Open: Rafael Nadal gets back to winning ways with victory over Juan Monaco
- Madrid Masters: Confident Andy Murray shines in clay return before Paris
- Roger Federer's new twins are 200-1 to win Wimbledon one day with bookmakers
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Brazilian kids learn English through heart-warming webcam chats with retired Americans
- Uber: London's black cabs plan 'severe chaos' for capital in protest against taxi app
- 'Flying 3D printers' could make disaster zones safe by sealing up nuclear waste
- Nintendo continues to swear off smartphones - promises 'new consoles' instead
- Nintendo says 'no' to gay relationships in its best-selling 'life simulator'
- Met Police Officers to trial 500 body cameras designed to 'speed up justice'
- Huawei launches flagship Ascend P7
- North Korea's first ever travel app offers bizarre destinations including 'World's Worst Zoo'
- WhatsApp banned in Iran after Facebook purchase because Zuckerberg 'is a Zionist'
- 'Shovel girl' dead hoax: Miranda Fugate actually alive and well
- 'Antivirus is dead' says maker of Norton software suite
- Canada welcomes first cannabis vending machine in Vancouver
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters