Day In a Page
Thursday, 7 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- i100: Usain Bolt spotted in Clapham dentist after night out on the town
- Nick Clegg: you shouldn't go to prison for possessing drugs
- Under Isis rule, Christians face a stark choice: convert or die
- 9 things you do everyday that are illegal somewhere
- Meet your new feminist hero - he's a 44-year-old man
- Here's how your crisps can be used to spy on you
- Rappers love singing about themselves (and here's the proof)
- Here are all the non-racist things Jeremy Clarkson has said
- Meanwhile, in Russia, Vladimir Putin's popularity is soaring
- People of Scotland: Kriss Akabusi and Cilla Black want you to stay
- Someone on the London Underground really loves Doctor Who
- Whose side are people in Britain, France and the US on?
- Jane Fonda takes a pew on Ryan Gosling's face
- Kim Kardashian’s Photoshopped face used to demonstrate terrible effects of drug addiction
- George Osborne's cat Freya recovering at the vets after being hit by car
- Gabby Logan: People often ask me who's looking after the children when I'm away but never my male colleagues
- Usain Bolt’s walk of shame documented by the good will of the public
- Ann Coulter says Ebola-infected US missionary is 'idiotic and narcissistic' for helping in Africa
- Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- DJ Rashad cause of death: Autopsy reveals musician died after drug overdose - not blood clot
- Russell Brand attacks Fox presenter Bill O'Reilly for 'Berlin Wall immigration solution'
- Robert Downey Jr’s son Indio Downey charged with drug possession after cocaine arrest
- The good causes of the famous ‘benefit themselves more than the charities’
- Inbetweeners 2: Meet Emily Berrington – the sequel’s unfortunate new object of affections
- Scottish independence: The famous for and against – and the Scots who just want to decide for themselves
- Kanye West believes drones will electrocute and kill his daughter
- David Attenborough, Patrick Stewart and, erm, Will Carling among 200 dignitaries to sign open letter against Scottish Independence
- Justin Bieber has befriended Malala Yousafzai
- Ludacris leaves his daughter at the airport: Blames airline, obviously
- Wiz Khalifa: Arrest warrant out for rapper after he skips court date
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin obtain marriage license
- James Franco addresses 'homophobic' Gawker report he's living with 'gay partner' Scott Haze
- Oscar Pistorius murder trial: The case for and against
- JK Rowling sends letter from Dumbledore to 15-year-old fan who lost entire family in Texas gun massacre
- Idris Muhammad: New Orleans jazz drummer who played as a teenager on Fats Domino’s hit single 'Blueberry Hill'
- Robert Drew: Award-winning documentary filmmaker with a fondness for Kennedy
- Sir Richard MacCormac: Distinguished, award-winning Modernist architect who specialised in public buildings both in Britain and overseas
- Sir Alan Peacock: Renowned public-finance economist
- Alan Wills: Founder of Deltasonic, the Liverpool record label that launched The Coral and The Zutons
- Robert Halmi Sr: Prolific television producer who won more than 130 Emmy Awards
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A pill may help stave off death. It doesn’t teach you how to live
- Iraq strikes: Americans will be confused by latest turn
- Bombs away! US to the rescue – but only of certain minorities, not Muslims
- Is the human race in danger of making itself extinct?
- When it’s right to walk out mid act
- Stand up for curry! It can save your life
- Errors and Omissions: This was a clear illustration of utter desperation
- I used to think surrogacy was immoral – but then I watched another women give birth to my child
- I was in the IDF's artillery. I saw first-hand how the army brushes off civilian casualties
- From the 'India gang rape' shoot to American Apparel's 'School Days' collection, it's been a low week for fashion
- Prudential RideLondon: Oh no, here come the fanatical lycra-wearers to bring London to a halt
- Don't scorn the tech addicts who queue round the block for the new iPhone 6
- Is a breastfeeding selfie really more offensive than Rihanna's nipple?
- This is what 'generation rent' need to hear from Ed Miliband in order to vote Labour next year
- A century to win equal pay? That’s just shameful
- These food sanctions show that Russia is far less predictable when hurt
- Boris's bumbling persona and family fortune can help drag Britain back to the future
- My fascination with the First World War used to be seen as geeky. Not any more ...
- Boris is too scared to take on Ukip
- President jails brave journalists – and Burma heads back to the bad old days
- The triumph of hysteria and misinformation
- We all need to have a say in Scotland’s great debate
- Don’t be taken in by the buffoonery. Boris is a very serious operator
- This is how we can protect the citizens of Gaza and ensure the long-term security of Israel
- What is the distinction between doing something anti-Semitic and being an anti-Semite?
- The upsides to being a bit of a loner
- i Whitehall Editor's Letter: Scheming, charismatic, ambitious: is Boris Johnson the leader Conservative voters want?
- Obama is right to sanction air strikes against Isis. Where the intervention ends is far less clear
- Mind the gap: Labour’s welcome move to equalise pay between men and women risks coming up against hard economics
- Penalties aren't the best way to stop term-time holidays
- Providing foil for addicts will help the fight against heroin
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India fourth Test: Four wickets, no runs, 13 balls... England strike early to rattle India
- Andrew Strauss questions 'strange' decision to put Andy Flower in charge of England hopefuls
- England vs India fourth Test: Ian Bell and Joe Root keep England on top but rain threatens hopes of victory
- England v India: Six-gun Stuart Broad reveals knee surgery plan to be ready for World Cup action
- US PGA Championship 2014: McIlroy shows full mettle by battling through the storm
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy - 'It wasn't pretty but neither was the weather'
- US PGA Championship 2014: Lee Westwood soars back to former heights as Tiger Woods is grounded
- US PGA Championship 2014: Torrential rain halts proceedings after just 20 minutes of play on day two
- US PGA Championship 2014: Chris Wood tears up Valhalla after tearing up his trousers
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy 'knocked off track' after wrong turn down cart path - but is still well placed to challenge leaders
- US PGA Championship 2014: It wasn’t very good. I hit lots of bad shots, says Tiger Woods of his opening round
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashton Kutcher's viral content farm Aplus.com accused of copying content from other sites
- Nokia Lumia 930 review: A beautiful slab of a phone, but is Windows Phone worth it?
- ‘Magnetic microhairs’ make water run uphill
- Former Apple employee Sam Sung auctions his business card for charity
- China forces mobile users to sign contracts promising to 'uphold the socialist system'
- 'I Like Tits Daily' among bizarre Twitter accounts followed by David Cameron's office
- Government trumpets 'one million homes and businesses' with access to superfast broadband
- Self-folding 'origami' robots could be the future of space exploration or search-and-rescue
- Google tweaks search algorithm to give encrypted sites higher rankings
- Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight review: can an ebook reader with faster pages beat the Kindle?
- Hackers blasted AC/DC through Iranian computers as they disabled nuclear power plant
- Forgotten but not gone: AOL's dial-up internet service still makes more money than their ads
- Transport for London trials free Wi-Fi on buses
- Facial recognition app for dogs helps reunite lost pets with worried owners
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alex Horne puts on 'delight of a show' at Edinburgh's Pleasance Courtyard
- Laughs go global as Eddie Izzard and Dylan Moran bring international comedians to the Edinburgh Fringe
- Edinburgh Festival 2014: Mental health takes centre stage
- Edinburgh International Festival plays host to Russian symphony - with Ukrainian conductor
- What Does the Title Matter Anyway?, Underbelly, McEwan Hall, comedy review
- Camilla Cleese in American...ish, Gilded Balloon, review: 'Surprisingly prickly'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: Is this just a kite-flying exercise?
- Donald MacInnes: I could have been a contender if I'd had a metal detector
- Mark Dampier: Corporate, high-risk, strategic, high yield ... the word is bonds
- Derek Pain: The old City: sexist, cosy, easy - but certainly not a cesspit
- Money Insider: Pick interest-free overdraft over freebies
- Five Questions On: Unfair parking tickets
- Questions of Cash: I paid by PayPal, but my MacBook never arrived
- India could be jewel in the crown for investors
- Child Maintenance Service to replace Child Support Agency - but is it better?
- Bargain Hunter: Hailo's smartphone taxi tip can save you money on cab fares
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster