Day In a Page
Thursday, 7 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- i100: Usain Bolt spotted in Clapham dentist after night out on the town
- Nick Clegg: you shouldn't go to prison for possessing drugs
- Under Isis rule, Christians face a stark choice: convert or die
- 9 things you do everyday that are illegal somewhere
- Meet your new feminist hero - he's a 44-year-old man
- Here's how your crisps can be used to spy on you
- Rappers love singing about themselves (and here's the proof)
- Here are all the non-racist things Jeremy Clarkson has said
- Meanwhile, in Russia, Vladimir Putin's popularity is soaring
- People of Scotland: Kriss Akabusi and Cilla Black want you to stay
- Someone on the London Underground really loves Doctor Who
- Whose side are people in Britain, France and the US on?
- Jane Fonda takes a pew on Ryan Gosling's face
- Kim Kardashian’s Photoshopped face used to demonstrate terrible effects of drug addiction
- George Osborne's cat Freya recovering at the vets after being hit by car
- Gabby Logan: People often ask me who's looking after the children when I'm away but never my male colleagues
- Usain Bolt’s walk of shame documented by the good will of the public
- Ann Coulter says Ebola-infected US missionary is 'idiotic and narcissistic' for helping in Africa
- Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- DJ Rashad cause of death: Autopsy reveals musician died after drug overdose - not blood clot
- Russell Brand attacks Fox presenter Bill O'Reilly for 'Berlin Wall immigration solution'
- Robert Downey Jr’s son Indio Downey charged with drug possession after cocaine arrest
- The good causes of the famous ‘benefit themselves more than the charities’
- Inbetweeners 2: Meet Emily Berrington – the sequel’s unfortunate new object of affections
- Scottish independence: The famous for and against – and the Scots who just want to decide for themselves
- Kanye West believes drones will electrocute and kill his daughter
- David Attenborough, Patrick Stewart and, erm, Will Carling among 200 dignitaries to sign open letter against Scottish Independence
- Justin Bieber has befriended Malala Yousafzai
- Ludacris leaves his daughter at the airport: Blames airline, obviously
- Wiz Khalifa: Arrest warrant out for rapper after he skips court date
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin obtain marriage license
- James Franco addresses 'homophobic' Gawker report he's living with 'gay partner' Scott Haze
- Oscar Pistorius murder trial: The case for and against
- JK Rowling sends letter from Dumbledore to 15-year-old fan who lost entire family in Texas gun massacre
- Idris Muhammad: New Orleans jazz drummer who played as a teenager on Fats Domino’s hit single 'Blueberry Hill'
- Robert Drew: Award-winning documentary filmmaker with a fondness for Kennedy
- Sir Richard MacCormac: Distinguished, award-winning Modernist architect who specialised in public buildings both in Britain and overseas
- Sir Alan Peacock: Renowned public-finance economist
- Alan Wills: Founder of Deltasonic, the Liverpool record label that launched The Coral and The Zutons
- Robert Halmi Sr: Prolific television producer who won more than 130 Emmy Awards
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A pill may help stave off death. It doesn’t teach you how to live
- Iraq strikes: Americans will be confused by latest turn
- Bombs away! US to the rescue – but only of certain minorities, not Muslims
- Is the human race in danger of making itself extinct?
- When it’s right to walk out mid act
- Stand up for curry! It can save your life
- Errors and Omissions: This was a clear illustration of utter desperation
- I used to think surrogacy was immoral – but then I watched another women give birth to my child
- I was in the IDF's artillery. I saw first-hand how the army brushes off civilian casualties
- From the 'India gang rape' shoot to American Apparel's 'School Days' collection, it's been a low week for fashion
- Prudential RideLondon: Oh no, here come the fanatical lycra-wearers to bring London to a halt
- Don't scorn the tech addicts who queue round the block for the new iPhone 6
- Is a breastfeeding selfie really more offensive than Rihanna's nipple?
- This is what 'generation rent' need to hear from Ed Miliband in order to vote Labour next year
- A century to win equal pay? That’s just shameful
- These food sanctions show that Russia is far less predictable when hurt
- Boris's bumbling persona and family fortune can help drag Britain back to the future
- My fascination with the First World War used to be seen as geeky. Not any more ...
- Boris is too scared to take on Ukip
- President jails brave journalists – and Burma heads back to the bad old days
- The triumph of hysteria and misinformation
- We all need to have a say in Scotland’s great debate
- Don’t be taken in by the buffoonery. Boris is a very serious operator
- This is how we can protect the citizens of Gaza and ensure the long-term security of Israel
- What is the distinction between doing something anti-Semitic and being an anti-Semite?
- The upsides to being a bit of a loner
- i Whitehall Editor's Letter: Scheming, charismatic, ambitious: is Boris Johnson the leader Conservative voters want?
- Obama is right to sanction air strikes against Isis. Where the intervention ends is far less clear
- Mind the gap: Labour’s welcome move to equalise pay between men and women risks coming up against hard economics
- Penalties aren't the best way to stop term-time holidays
- Providing foil for addicts will help the fight against heroin
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India fourth Test: Four wickets, no runs, 13 balls... England strike early to rattle India
- Andrew Strauss questions 'strange' decision to put Andy Flower in charge of England hopefuls
- England vs India fourth Test: Ian Bell and Joe Root keep England on top but rain threatens hopes of victory
- England v India: Six-gun Stuart Broad reveals knee surgery plan to be ready for World Cup action
- US PGA Championship 2014: McIlroy shows full mettle by battling through the storm
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy - 'It wasn't pretty but neither was the weather'
- US PGA Championship 2014: Lee Westwood soars back to former heights as Tiger Woods is grounded
- US PGA Championship 2014: Torrential rain halts proceedings after just 20 minutes of play on day two
- US PGA Championship 2014: Chris Wood tears up Valhalla after tearing up his trousers
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy 'knocked off track' after wrong turn down cart path - but is still well placed to challenge leaders
- US PGA Championship 2014: It wasn’t very good. I hit lots of bad shots, says Tiger Woods of his opening round
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashton Kutcher's viral content farm Aplus.com accused of copying content from other sites
- Nokia Lumia 930 review: A beautiful slab of a phone, but is Windows Phone worth it?
- ‘Magnetic microhairs’ make water run uphill
- Former Apple employee Sam Sung auctions his business card for charity
- China forces mobile users to sign contracts promising to 'uphold the socialist system'
- 'I Like Tits Daily' among bizarre Twitter accounts followed by David Cameron's office
- Government trumpets 'one million homes and businesses' with access to superfast broadband
- Self-folding 'origami' robots could be the future of space exploration or search-and-rescue
- Google tweaks search algorithm to give encrypted sites higher rankings
- Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight review: can an ebook reader with faster pages beat the Kindle?
- Hackers blasted AC/DC through Iranian computers as they disabled nuclear power plant
- Forgotten but not gone: AOL's dial-up internet service still makes more money than their ads
- Transport for London trials free Wi-Fi on buses
- Facial recognition app for dogs helps reunite lost pets with worried owners
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alex Horne puts on 'delight of a show' at Edinburgh's Pleasance Courtyard
- Laughs go global as Eddie Izzard and Dylan Moran bring international comedians to the Edinburgh Fringe
- Edinburgh Festival 2014: Mental health takes centre stage
- Edinburgh International Festival plays host to Russian symphony - with Ukrainian conductor
- What Does the Title Matter Anyway?, Underbelly, McEwan Hall, comedy review
- Camilla Cleese in American...ish, Gilded Balloon, review: 'Surprisingly prickly'
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: Is this just a kite-flying exercise?
- Donald MacInnes: I could have been a contender if I'd had a metal detector
- Mark Dampier: Corporate, high-risk, strategic, high yield ... the word is bonds
- Derek Pain: The old City: sexist, cosy, easy - but certainly not a cesspit
- Money Insider: Pick interest-free overdraft over freebies
- Five Questions On: Unfair parking tickets
- Questions of Cash: I paid by PayPal, but my MacBook never arrived
- India could be jewel in the crown for investors
- Child Maintenance Service to replace Child Support Agency - but is it better?
- Bargain Hunter: Hailo's smartphone taxi tip can save you money on cab fares
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more