Day In a Page
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Prince George embarks on first crawl-about in New Zealand
- Ian Hislop: 'How did I celebrate Piers Morgan getting axed from CNN? I'm still celebrating'
- Miley Cyrus suffered from depression after being bullied for having acne as a teenager: ‘I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down’
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott mocked for tweeting picture of himself on the phone
- Swallows and Amazons author Arthur Ransome was suspected Russian spy, MI5 secret files reveal
- Heidi Klum faces ‘racism’ backlash over ‘redface’ Native American shoot: Germany’s Next Top Model issue apology
- Peaches Geldof ‘had the heart of a 90-year-old gangster,’ mother-of-two said after doctors warned her over unhealthy eating habits
- Peaches Geldof dead: Body released back to family ahead of funeral plans
- Michael Schumacher latest: Former rival Jean Alesi says F1 star showed signs of improvement on recent hospital visit ‘I felt a relief among his family, a great happiness’
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp's mother 'obsessed' with watching 'hero to devil' athlete - 'I don't know if he's acting'
- Lana Del Rey and Jennifer Lawrence kissing: The real story behind the viral photograph
- David Beckham accused of sending ‘confusing messages’ to children after signing up to be the face of Scotch whisky Haig Club
- Peaches Geldof: Post-mortem results ruled inconclusive, pending toxicology report, as officers continue to investigate her death
- Doreen Lawrence named ‘most powerful woman’ in the UK: Tireless anti-racism campaigner tops Women's Hour Power List
- Jessie J pens defensive 1,082-word essay after admitting bisexuality was ‘a phase’: ‘I never lied about my sexuality’
- More pressure on Scotland Yard as Theresa May celebrates Doreen Lawrence 'game changer of the year'
- Peaches Geldof dead: Star describes ‘perfect life’ in final magazine column - ‘I had two beautiful babies who loved me more than anything’
- Ultimate Warrior dead days after WrestleMania 30 and Raw appearances
- Let's Get Social is the social media anthem the world never needed
- Baby goes through car wash, has mind blown
- Pastafarians rejoice as Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is granted permission to register as a religion in Poland
- 3D kitchen advert hidden among newspaper classifieds is beyond trippy
- Chinese man named Bai Ting charged with biting police officer
- The drugs don't work: Britain wasted £600m of taxpayers' money on useless flu pills stockpiled by Government in case of pandemic
- Global survey finds that seven is probably our favourite number, but do you know why?
- Sorry, beacon of light in Mars photo caused by 'shiny rock' not aliens, says Nasa
- Forgive yourself if you want to live longer, scientists say
- Rover’s return: Britain gets its first cloned dog
- Anja Niedringhaus: Pulitzer-winning photojournalist who captured extremes of human experience in volatile regions
- Peter Matthiessen: Novelist and wilderness writer who co-founded the influential literary magazine The Paris Review
- John Shirley-Quirk: Striking bass-baritone who became a central member of Benjamin Britten's English Opera Group
- Charlie Porter: Climber who conquered world's toughest big-wall ascents and later explored little-charted regions of South America
- Alan Davie: Scottish painter whose kaleidoscopic canvases took inspiration from improvised jazz and free verse
- Ian Redford: Rangers and Dundee United midfielder who was once Scotland's most expensive player
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hollande bans ministers from using phones in cabinet meetings, but is checking your Facebook updates really rude?
- The entire system of drug evaluation is flawed
- This is not the end of Greece’s misery – but it is a turning point
- India elections: If Narendra Modi wins, the country will have crossed a moral Rubicon
- Robert Fisk: Has Recep Tayyip Erdogan gone from model Middle East 'strongman' to tin-pot dictator?
- Letting people get away with anything. Is this the fine art of leadership, David Cameron-style?
- Does the EU’s involvement in Ukraine amount to a form of colonialism?
- The Government should not be blamed for the Tamiflu scandal
- Is fine dining in Britain being gradually democratised?
- The main surprise about Myners' resignation from the Co-Op board is that it took so long to happen
- Female Genital Mutilation: As the 'cutting season' approaches, end the silence
- What would I do if I woke up tomorrow morning and were Prime Minister? Well...
- Students of today work as hard as our parents did
- If Modi wins the election, India will have crossed a moral Rubicon
- The sorry state of the United States is not going to be fixed any time soon
- i Editor's Letter: How not to resign
- Tesco’s nut-warning labelling madness
- “We gonna chat and banter like it’s your birthday. Sip Orange Fanta like it’s your birthday.”
- Let's imagine the UK votes to leave the EU. What happens next?
- BBC Woman's Hour 2014 Power List: Separating women's achievements sends the message they cannot be considered alongside their male peers
- Labour's new diversity policy is not just bad policy, it's bad maths
- PMQs review: Cameron was late to realise Miller had to resign, but Miliband hadn't called for it either
- Gove's reaction to the censure of Israeli architects involved in illegal construction in the West Bank was to be expected
- What happened to Cameron’s pledge to increase the number of women in Cabinet? Replacing Maria Miller with Sajid Javid doesn’t exactly help
- Maria Miller resigns: What would the arts world like to see from new Culture Secretary Sajid Javid?
- Maria Miller resigns: By behaving gracelessly Miller has paid a much heavier price than she needed to
- i Editor's Letter: i readers views
- Crisis mismanagement: Maria Miller was right to resign. But avoidable errors mean her departure has damaged both parliament and the Tories
- A law unto themselves: Evidence that police are under-reporting crimes to meet performance targets only adds to the case for radical reform
- Run, Hillary: Ms Clinton is very well qualified to lead the renewal of America
- Health matters: Incentives for drug addicts should be explored
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Charlotte Edwards 'very proud' after earning prestigious Wisden award
- Lancashire's Ashwell Prince and Tom Smith battle in vain against Nottinghamshire
- The Light Roller: Mind the gap between those who favour Tests and the T20 merchants
- Wisden name Joe Root and Charlotte Edwards among Cricketers of the Year
- Kevin Pietersen reveals he tried to help Jonathan Trott through stress-related illness before his Ashes departure
- County Championship round-up: Steve Magoffin takes eight wickets as Sussex thrash Middlesex
- Masters 2014: Live coverage of Day 1 at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer get the action underway at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Adam Scott projects the Augusta aura to light up life without Tiger Woods
- The Masters 2014: How a doctor from Yorkshire built Augusta National
- Masters 2014: Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott do battle with the bogeys at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Eisenhower Tree on 17th hole should not be replaced, say Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player
- Masters 2014: Golfing fanatic places £1,000 bet on Rory McIlroy to win the event after seeing his face on a Danish pastry
- Masters 2014: Matthew Fitzpatrick and Garrick Porteous live their Augusta dream in the land of opportunity
- Masters 2014 betting: Who will wear the green jacket at Augusta?
- The Masters 2014: Augusta has a membership so exclusive it makes the Bullingdon Club look welcoming
- The Masters 2014: Phil Mickelson still nervous ahead of first major of the year despite his three previous wins at Augusta National
- The Masters 2014: Matt Fitzpatrick aiming to make the cut at Augusta but could miss out on his beloved Sheffield United's FA Cup semi-final
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook Messenger is now your only choice to chat with Facebook friends on your mobile
- New age-progression software predicts what a child will look like as they get older in 30 seconds
- 'Google Glass helped me save a life' says doctor, as Google push medical applications
- A smartphone that charges in 30 seconds: Engineers unveil new 'bio-battery'
- US to deploy 'game changing' electromagnetic railgun that fires 7 times the speed of sound
- The Micro: 3D printer aimed at the masses tops more than $1.5m on Kickstarter
- Heartbleed flaw described as 'catastrophic' by experts: 'On the scale of 1 to 10, this is an 11'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist