Day In a Page
Monday, 1 May 2000
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Rarefied' museums told to banish staff snobbery
- Why does Whitehall give local newspapers such a hard time?
- Galleries show off their latest acquisitions
- Puttnam's farewell to the film industry
- 'I can still taste the cordite, 20 years later'
- It's only rock'n'roll, but who reads it?
- Heard the one about funny women on TV...
- Youth channel will be renamed BBC3
- Haven't we seen this plot before?
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- We need not be squeamish about Hague's rhetoric
- Gordon Brown must reverse his disastrous economic policies
- The North does not have all the answers
- Did Emily Davison die so we could watch 'EastEnders'?
- Get in the swim with the waterbabies now, Tony
- From Edison to AOL, America has taken risks
- The lesson of Vietnam is how completely it has been forgotten
- The art of digging as protest
- Give me the wide open spaces, full of mobile phones
- The question is not who you vote for - but how
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- East Germany's sports chief in doping trial
- Williams' fightback seals world title
- Sharpe goals retain title for Cannock
- Mountain wins but must make way for Giant's
- Bodysuits ruling still not resolved
- Farcical error has Olympic hopefuls fuming
- Eventing rocked by death of sixth rider in a year
- Byfield a byword for quality
- Ingle's victory upsets Hamed's summer plans
- Roberts consolidates lead over Checa
- Stevens takes control in battle of wills
- Lewis unleashes the storm within
- Celebrate turf's rich heritage with the Jubilee
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Germany sees 'visible rise' in support for far-right extremism in response to perceived 'Islamisation' of the West
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more