Day In a Page
Monday, 26 November 2001
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ministers thwart Murdoch's ambition for terrestrial TV
- And now the news from ITN: job cuts, low morale and a downgraded service
- Julia Hobsbawm: PRs have nothing to hide. What about journalists?
- New slot, new channel - but still the same old chat
- Are lads' mags past their prime?
- BBC bets on its hi-tech dinosaurs to win the ratings battle at Christmas
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Paul Vallely: I am excited, but deeply worried, about human cloning
- David Aaronovitch: Put the car culture into reverse
- Paul Vallely: Have I got Sharon Stone syndrome?
- Stephen Pollard: America's get-tough attitude is succeeding beyond Afghanistan
- Roald Hoffman: Scientists must accept public fears of their work
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- American Football: Last laugh for resurgent Redskins
- Sheffield's hopes are dashed as bidding is re-opened
- Hockey: Clark full of fervour for Bowdon
- Sports Books: Hillenbrand's 'Seabiscuit' captures Book of the Year
- Ice Hockey: Draw fails to rescue Knights' cup run
- Boxing: Nelson joins an obscure elite
- Racing: McCain is so proud of House
- Racing: Knight puts Edredon's hibernation on hold
- Basketball: Betts adds edge in desperate battle to beat odds
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 4 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years