Day In a Page
Wednesday, 16 October 2002
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Granada and Carlton 'must separate sales houses' to seal deal
- BBC children's chief aims to revive ITV fortunes
- 'EastEnders' gives negative view of families, says study
- Montgomery drops out of 'Herald' auction
- Granada and Carlton agree £2.6bn merger
- New chief promises reinvention of Channel 4 to restore glory
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- David McKittrick: A crucial witness has broken ranks
- David Elstein: Channel 4 had too much money – and it blew it
- David Baddiel: So you think we've kicked racism out of English football?
- Lucy Hodges: The truth about this university mega-merger
- Paul Vallely: I used to enjoy fireworks. Now I want them banned
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more