Day In a Page
Friday, 18 October 2002
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The IRA isn't defeated, but it knows that there is no chance of victory
- I wasn't squeamish until I heard 'Farming Today'
- Caroline Ellwood: How can I teach tolerance when my son lies dead?
- Weddings are fashionable, but not necessary
- As far as I'm concerned, politics is an honourable profession to be respected
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Racing: Kirk's time of austerity is saved by the Belle
- Sailing: Walker leads campaign with lightest of touches
- Boxing: Harrison aiming to make full use of home advantage
- Racing: Bearing on course to echo Weld's Vintage victory
- Baseball: Giants can leave Angels with sullen faces in 'Wild Card Series'
- Memories of home-made midnight feasts in late afternoon
- Racing: Classic option is still open for Rock Of Gibraltar
- Sailing: Storm forces Around Alone fleet to seek shelter in Spain
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough