Day In a Page
- Felipe Fernandez-Armesto: Oh, we Brits of little faith
- Michael Bywater: Could the real you log on, please?
- Tom Phillips: The only present for a royal who has everything: a nice shiny gong
- Ali Ansari: Just when Iran's moderates make some progress, Blair wades in
- Jemima Lewis: I have given up watching television
- Rupert Cornwell: Out of America
- Richard Ingrams' Week: A tale of two damaged and discredited leaders
- Racing: Catch a Star - if you can
- Swimming: Mel and the talent pool
- Gymnastics: At last, Tweddle is a British gymnast who can clear bars
- The Independent Sports Quiz of the Year for 2006
- Racing: Giving generously at Christmas time means different things to Kauto Star and Brave Inca
- Athletics: Benjamin on 'tough' track back to fitness
- Answers to the Independent Sports Quiz
- Darts: 'Jackpot' hits back to see off stubborn Jones
- Sport on TV: Dawson moves will not ruffle rampant Ramps
- Taken For A Ride: Budget holidays - Deal Or No Deal?
- Learning Curves: On surf 'n' turf
- Deals Of The Week: From Cornwall to Sri Lanka
- Simon Calder: The Man Who Pays His Way
- Independent Families: 'What fun can we have in Dubai and Oman?'
- My Life In Travel: Alan Hansen
- Something to declare: Kurdistan; Oaxaca; riding the rails for free
- How to improve holidays with children
- 1 'Soldier beheaded' in street as two shot in suspected terrorist attack near Woolwich barracks
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 China agrees to impose carbon targets by 2016
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.