Day In a Page
Thursday, 15 June 2006
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
UK RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thai immigrant 'is a soft target for Home Office'
- Early release from prison to be made more difficult
- Iraq: 60 soldiers a month suffer mental illness
- Politics and principles: Marx: does he still matter?
- Hutton says charities must take bigger role in welfare provision
- Thousands of voters were 'swindled' in local elections, says watchdog
- More troops to be sent to Afghanistan 'within week'
- The Big Question: Should illegal immigrants be granted an amnesty in Britain?
- Rich list separates the self-made from silver-spoon brigade
- Union tells workers how to throw a world cup 'sickie'
- Princess Margaret auction: For sale - The Crown Jewels
- Impressionist art sale set to break all records
- Royal Academy rejects sculpture but loves plinth
- Losers still feel blessed
- Does your background make a difference?
World RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Turkey's chances of EU membership are in doubt, warns Barroso
- France jails Islamists for Eiffel Tower terror plot
- Chirac's museum of exotic art panned for being 'racist'
- Russia's 'floating Chernobyls' to go ahead despite green fears
- Man charged over disappearance of two teenage girls
- End of an era as founder quits flagging 'Libération'
- Cameron urged not to break ties to European centre right
- The spider that crawled with dinosaurs
- Harvard drop-out to billionaire: Gates to retire from Microsoft
- Bush shows his sensitive side, telling blind journalist: 'I'm interested in the shade look'
- US military death toll in Iraq hits 2,500
- A suitably dramatic finale to battle against developers as LA police force Hollywood stars to end protest
- Fat is a consumer issue: KFC in dock over cooking oil
- Bush stays upbeat after visit to Iraq
Business RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Go-ahead for power station
- Standard Life 'juggernaut' rolls on towards cut-price float
- 3i consortium poised to top Goldman's £2.4bn bid for AB Ports
- AB Ports shares soar as bidding war intensifies
- EADS 'crisis' leaves future of Forgeard under a cloud
- We will remove your livelihood, FSA chief tells rogues
- Yukos investor threatens to sue Rosneft buyers
- BAE launches attack on EADS over Airbus superjumbo warning
- Standard Life set to slash price range for flotation
- May Gurney braves markets with £130m float
- Wall Street veteran Perella raises $1bn for investment bank boutique
- Watchdog seeks quick supermarket inquiry
- Powergen brings 980 call centre jobs back home from India
- MyTravel ready to hit takeover trail
- Arcelor talks going well, Mittal says
- Government to charge VAT for temp workers
- Football shirts and TV sets boosting economy, Brown says
- Factory decline blamed on managers, not ministers
- Greene King gets Hardys for £271m
- £1.4m bonus for Vodafone chief despite record loss
- Expro snaps up US rival for $675m
- Sales growth at Tesco weakens
- Whiston quits iSoft with pay-off of £550,000
- AXA acquires Winterthur Life for £5.9bn
- Asda peace talks falter
- BAA takeover leads to £315m bonanza for City firms
- Langbar founder gets six-month sentence
- Misys leaves door open for rival offer
People RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Media RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Education RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Columnists RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kevin Pietersen: I've been OK over the last 12 months. I want to be one of the best players in the world over the next 10 years'
- Sri Lanka 163 v England 161-5 (Sri Lanka win by 2 runs): Trescothick fails to save England from sliding to defeat
- Harmison seeks Twenty20 lift for England
- Somerset 342 & 148-3 Surrey 266: Caddick kills off Surrey's attempt to take control
- Zaheer on cloud nine after solo destruction of Essex
- Chapple's fledgling England career in jeopardy
More Sports RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Football RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England 2 Trinidad & Tobago 0: Qualification the consolation after wretched England labour to victory
- He's fit: Eriksson declares Rooney ready to play against Trinidad & Tobago
- Rooney set for starting role against Sweden
- Second time lucky? Men in orange feel the heat of expectation
- 'Better to come', says Beckham
- What's happened to Ronaldo?
- Van Basten resists replacing Van Nistelrooy
- Top of group a must for Germany, says Ballack
- Ecuador 3 Costa Rica 0: Ecuador's superheroes stage Spiderman tribute
- Sweden 1 Paraguay 0: Ljungberg strike sends Paraguay packing
- Argentina bullish but Messi stuck on sidelines
- Germany 1 Poland 0: Germany on brink after Neuville's late stunner
- Payback time for John, the finals' most prolific striker
- Spain 4 Ukraine 0: Torres' touch gives Spain a reason to believe
- Tunisia 2 Saudi Arabia 2: Jaidi uses his head to save Tunisia in thrilling endgame
- Taking Rooney gamble threatens to overshadow England qualification
- Owen lacks support but Eriksson is losing faith
- Specialists agree Rooney's attitude speeded recovery
- World Cup Betting: Ecuador look value to keep Germany off top spot
- Police chief praises England fans for 'great atmosphere'
- Eriksson: 'We were patient and scored two great goals'
- England unhappy with Fifa's choice of hotel
- Why can't England pass the ball like everyone else at the World Cup?
- Sweden are playing for second, says Mellberg
- Ferdinand in world of his own... for all the right reasons
- Study questions Fifa's health promotion and fast-food links
- Ricky Villa: Champions are beatable... if you can get the ball off them
- Henning Wehn: Flags out now but I wouldn't put one on my BMW
- James Lawton: Arrival of Rooney offers England only hope of surviving tests to come
- Ian Cox: World away from playing at Carshalton but I hope Rio remembers me
- James Lawton: Despite the evidence, history could come to Eriksson's rescue
Rugby RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Health & Families RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Music RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Films RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Theatre & Dance RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Books RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Paperbacks: Sleep with Me
A Wedding in December
Jane Austen's Guide to Romance
The War for Muslim Minds
Arts in Society
- If Love Were All... The story of Frances Stevenson and David Lloyd George, by John Campbell
- England in Particular, by Sue Clifford & Angela King
- Unaccompanied Women, by Jane Juska
- My Dirty Little Book of Stolen Time, by Liz Jensen
- The Book of Dave, by Will Self
- Hav, by Jan Morris
- My Father's Notebook, by Kader Abdolah, trans Susan Massotty
- The Scandal of Empire, by Nicholas B Dirks
Victoria's Wars: the rise of empire, by Saul David
Empire and Superempire, by Bernard Porter
- The Not So Little Book Of Dung, by Caroline Holmes
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Anne-Marie Martin: All the recruiters need is for students to forsake the World Cup for a few hours
- Teaching: attractive rewards, but it's about more than just the money
- Will my PhD help me to get a job?
- Entrepreneurship: So, you want to be your own boss?
- Oil and gas law: Roll up geologists and lawyers...
- The Real World: Alain de Botton, philosopher, writer and TV presenter
- Conservation careers: Changing with the tide
- Masters degrees in economics: How to be a leader of the future
- Postgraduate Lives: Monja Knoll, PhD student at Portsmouth University
- Postgraduate Queries: Studying creative writing outside UK; translator opportunites
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories