Day In a Page
- Jacques Chirac: Going our own way will not solve global warming
- Andrew Grice: The day sleaze seeped in beneath the door of No 10
- Leonard Doyle: Kashmir remains salt in running sore with India
- David King: Why we have no alternative to nuclear power
- Dylan Jones: Unlike Rome or Siena or Florence, Milan's modus operandi seems to be one of disguise
- Cooper Brown: He's Out There
- Tim Willis: Experimental musician who was prone to sabotage
- The Third Leader: Skin deep
- The Third Leader: A long, green, happy life
- Blair takes nuclear option in bid to solve Britain's energy problem
- Global warming 'will cancel out Western aid and devastate Africa'
- Happiness is... a tiny island in the Pacific
- Foreign bees 'a threat to local species'
- Labour reaction: Backbench MPs pledge to oppose changes to the planning system
- 'Climate change should be taken out of politics to allow radical remedies'
- Hare today, gone tomorrow?
- Green reaction: Environmentalists express dismay at 'a huge mistake'
- Tour de France: Dessel takes yellow jersey on first Tour but true leader remains up in the air
- Athletics: Rejuvenated Jones puts troubles behind her
- Tour de France: Freire flair triumphs in thrilling Dax sprint
- Racing: Rajeem win vindicates Brittain's shock tactics
- Athletics: Liu breaks Jackson's world record
- Athletics: Pregnant Radcliffe aims for Olympics
- Racing: Nannina's young legs and old blood to triumph
- Racing: Muir insists Enforcer can prove best
- Racing: Spencer to make amends on Mike
- Racing: Fallon forced to wait over ban verdict
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.