Day In a Page
Thursday, 18 October 2007
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thompson given union deadline to halt BBC job cuts
- BBC axes 2,500 jobs but pledges more quality
- Grade blames 'cultural failure' for ITV phone-in blunders
- Dark day at the BBC as staff learn their fate
- TV's Frank Spencer to make return, but for Fox in the US
- ITV phone-ins took £7.8m under false pretences
- Tears and confusion as corporation employees are delivered the bad news
- The Big Question: Why is the BBC cutting jobs, and how will the upheaval affect its output?
- 'Outdated' Television Centre will be sold off to cut costs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Katherine Butler: Defiance makes her a prime target for the extremists
- James Watson: To question genetic intelligence is not racism
- Steve Connor: This is not a black and white issue
- Drinking and social class: who's counting?
- Katherine Butler: Chance for PM to change broken record
- The Third Leader: Grey matter
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2