Day In a Page
Thursday, 18 October 2007
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thompson given union deadline to halt BBC job cuts
- BBC axes 2,500 jobs but pledges more quality
- Grade blames 'cultural failure' for ITV phone-in blunders
- Dark day at the BBC as staff learn their fate
- TV's Frank Spencer to make return, but for Fox in the US
- ITV phone-ins took £7.8m under false pretences
- Tears and confusion as corporation employees are delivered the bad news
- The Big Question: Why is the BBC cutting jobs, and how will the upheaval affect its output?
- 'Outdated' Television Centre will be sold off to cut costs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Katherine Butler: Defiance makes her a prime target for the extremists
- James Watson: To question genetic intelligence is not racism
- Steve Connor: This is not a black and white issue
- Drinking and social class: who's counting?
- Katherine Butler: Chance for PM to change broken record
- The Third Leader: Grey matter
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile