Day In a Page
Thursday, 18 October 2007
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thompson given union deadline to halt BBC job cuts
- BBC axes 2,500 jobs but pledges more quality
- Grade blames 'cultural failure' for ITV phone-in blunders
- Dark day at the BBC as staff learn their fate
- TV's Frank Spencer to make return, but for Fox in the US
- ITV phone-ins took £7.8m under false pretences
- Tears and confusion as corporation employees are delivered the bad news
- The Big Question: Why is the BBC cutting jobs, and how will the upheaval affect its output?
- 'Outdated' Television Centre will be sold off to cut costs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Katherine Butler: Defiance makes her a prime target for the extremists
- James Watson: To question genetic intelligence is not racism
- Steve Connor: This is not a black and white issue
- Drinking and social class: who's counting?
- Katherine Butler: Chance for PM to change broken record
- The Third Leader: Grey matter
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more