Day In a Page
- Ettore Sottsass: Designer who blurred distinctions between culture and commerce
- Noel Forster: Artist who believed that painting is the 'concretisation of light'
- Jeanne Carmen: Movie pin-up and friend to stars
- Ian MacArthur: Effective Scottish Unionist MP
- Christian Bourgois: French publisher of English writers
- Alex Vale: Wartime pilot turned police officer
- Sir Howard Colvin
- Lydia Mendoza: 'Songstress of the Poor'
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.