Day In a Page
- Sir John Hill: Scientist-administrator at the heart of the nuclear establishment
- John Gunnell: Conscientious Labour MP who fought like a tiger for the regions
- Archbishop Christodoulos: Forthright Greek Orthodox leader
- Professor Neil Jenkins: Pioneer in academic dentistry
- Madeleine Milhaud: Actress wife of the composer
- John Bell: Quietly persuasive OUP editor
- Leading article: The young victims of a system in need of reform
- Leading article: Public money for private purposes
- Leading article: Ministers, mixed wards, and mixed messages
- Leading article: A disastrous war and a weakened leader
- Leading article: Memory remade
- Leading article: The price of free speech
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.