Day In a Page
Wednesday, 15 October 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Neal Hefti: Celebrated jazz arranger who wrote for Count Basie and Woody Herman – and the theme music for 'Batman'
- Pehr Henrik Nordgren: Modernist composer who incorporated folk music into his work and relished his artistic freedom
- Eric Longworth: Actor best known for playing the town clerk in 'Dad's Army'
- Tim Fortescue: Conservative MP and marketing man who later led the Food and Drink Industries Council
- Guillaume Depardieu: Troubled actor who emerged from the shadow of his famous father
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe">Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe
- Sophie Morris: Let little girls dream, while they still can
- Michael Rawlins: Statistics can help, but doctors must also use their judgement
- Anne Penketh: The French intellectual still rules, OK
- Ben Chu: Blame governments for this one? Nonsense">Ben Chu: Blame governments for this one? Nonsense
- Jane Merrick: PMQs - Harman fluffs it">Jane Merrick: PMQs - Harman fluffs it
- Sean O'Grady: Which kind of downturn?">Sean O'Grady: Which kind of downturn?
- Raymond Whitaker: Is this the end of the ANC?">Raymond Whitaker: Is this the end of the ANC?
- Robin Mackenzie: Better information would make death so much easier for all of us
- Guy Adams: Music to the ears of local politicians
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations