Day In a Page
Thursday, 16 October 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mark Shivas: Film and television producer who worked with an unmatched range of writers and directors
- Neal Hefti: Celebrated jazz arranger who wrote for Count Basie and Woody Herman – and the theme music for 'Batman'
- Russ Hamilton: Liverpudlian singer-songwriter who had a hit in America years before the Beatles
- Rosalind Goodfellow: First woman Moderator of the General Assembly of the United Reformed Church
- Eric Longworth: Actor best known for playing the town clerk in 'Dad's Army'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chandrashekhar Krishnan: Restoring the UK’s Tarnished Reputation">Chandrashekhar Krishnan: Restoring the UK’s Tarnished Reputation
- Ben Chu: Time for Cameron to make his mind up">Ben Chu: Time for Cameron to make his mind up
- Chris Ames: Half-truths on Heathrow from the DfT
- Ben Chu: All you need to know about the meltdown">Ben Chu: All you need to know about the meltdown
- Tim Walker: Need a police officer? Well good luck
- Robert Gates: To succeed in Afghanistan will require much more than just guns
- Sarah Churchwell: Madonna, divorce, and the cost of turning into a commodity
- Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe">Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe
- Sophie Morris: Let little girls dream, while they still can
- Michael Rawlins: Statistics can help, but doctors must also use their judgement
- Anne Penketh: The French intellectual still rules, OK
- Steve Connor: Snub is just the tonic for worthy winners
- Guy Adams: Music to the ears of local politicians
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football