Day In a Page
- Mark Shivas: Film and television producer who worked with an unmatched range of writers and directors
- Neal Hefti: Celebrated jazz arranger who wrote for Count Basie and Woody Herman – and the theme music for 'Batman'
- Russ Hamilton: Liverpudlian singer-songwriter who had a hit in America years before the Beatles
- Rosalind Goodfellow: First woman Moderator of the General Assembly of the United Reformed Church
- Eric Longworth: Actor best known for playing the town clerk in 'Dad's Army'
- Chandrashekhar Krishnan: Restoring the UK’s Tarnished Reputation">Chandrashekhar Krishnan: Restoring the UK’s Tarnished Reputation
- Ben Chu: Time for Cameron to make his mind up">Ben Chu: Time for Cameron to make his mind up
- Chris Ames: Half-truths on Heathrow from the DfT
- Ben Chu: All you need to know about the meltdown">Ben Chu: All you need to know about the meltdown
- Sarah Churchwell: Madonna, divorce, and the cost of turning into a commodity
- Tim Walker: Need a police officer? Well good luck
- Robert Gates: To succeed in Afghanistan will require much more than just guns
- Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe">Kate Allen: Ten years on from Pinochet's arrest, dictators are no longer safe
- Sophie Morris: Let little girls dream, while they still can
- Anne Penketh: The French intellectual still rules, OK
- Michael Rawlins: Statistics can help, but doctors must also use their judgement
- Steve Connor: Snub is just the tonic for worthy winners
- Guy Adams: Music to the ears of local politicians
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 4 Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.