Day In a Page
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Freddie Hubbard: Virtuoso jazz trumpeter who played with John Coltrane, Art Blakey and Herbie Hancock during a 50-year career
- Lilian Carpenter: Leading figure at Westminster Abbey and supporter of interfaith dialogue
- Forrest J. Ackerman: Science-fiction magazine editor and collector of movie memorabilia
- Paul Levi: Picture framer-maker and dealer expert in traditional techniques
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sean O'Grady: We're at a turning point for capitalism
- Boris Yeltsin: I want you to know that I never said this would be easy
- Fares Akram: As waves of F-16s swoop, Gaza is no place to be nine months' pregnant
- Sophie Morris: Children and alcohol: tough rules required
- Simon O'Hagan: 'Let's watch Mamma Mia!' said my wife. I didn't fight. I was outnumbered...
- Nick Lezard: Adults don't just act like children during the holidays
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'