Day In a Page
Friday, 25 April 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Professor Edward Lorenz: Meteorologist whose work on weather prediction led to the discovery of chaos and the 'butterfly effect'
- Joseph Solman: Artist friend of Rothko and Pollock
- Kazuo Shiraga: Avant-garde artist who painted barefoot and hanging from a rope
- Steve Harris: Improvising jazz percussionist
- Humphrey Lyttelton: Obituary
- Germaine Tillion: Resistance fighter and ethnologist
- Wing Cdr Patrick Gibbs: Air ace and journalist
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: A successful free market needs a watchdog that will show its teeth
- Leading article: Intelligence or propaganda?
- Leading article: Plane offensive
- Leading article: A victory for common sense – and for customers
- Leading article: The limitations of the military
- Leading article: Birds of a feather?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- IPL riches threaten to split England squad
- Tea Report: Lancashire 221-9 declared v Somerset 238 & 209-5 (62 overs)
- Tea Report: Yorkshire 398; Hampshire 159 & 212 (close)
- Black Caps willing to weather IPL storm
- Round-Up: Durham rained out after good morning's work
- Yorkshire 398 Hampshire 159 & 136-4: Bresnan takes on Hoggard's mantle to spur Yorkshire
- Speed asked to go on leave as ICC plunges further into turmoil
- Lunch Report: Lancashire 221-9 (85 overs) v Somerset 238
- Lunch Break: Yorkshire 398; Hampshire 159
- Yorkshire 398 Hampshire 115-5: Hampshire in pain as Hoggard 'nip' takes five
- County Championship round-up: Harmison upstaged as Onions removes Surrey's top three
- Somerset 238 Lancashire 221-9: Lancashire in flap after Flintoff duck
- Lunch Report: Lancashire 221-9 declared v Somerset 238 & 79-1 (29 overs)
- Lunch Report: Yorkshire 398; Hampshire 159 & 191-6 (following on)
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thrifty Living: Learning to sew makes marathon running look easy
- Private Investor: What's wrong with taking up my RBS rights?
- No Pain, No Gain: Why I'm calling time on Food & Drink Group
- The Analyst: Global equity funds attract attention
- Questions Of Cash: The team that lost and the fan that lost out
- Wealth Check: 'Is a new career in music financially sound?'
- Grow your own veg – you'll dig the savings
- Pay up! Banks urged to concede defeat as judge rules against charges
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 5 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting