Day In a Page
- Nigel Preston: Innovative fashion designer whose King's Road shop Maxfield Parrish grew into an international business
- Wendo Kolosoy: Star of 'rumba congolaise'
- Professor Jonathan Frankel: Historian of modern Jewry
- Professor Ann Lambton: Persianist unrivalled in the breadth of her scholarship whose association with Soas was long and illustrious
- Trevor Bates: Sculptor of distinctive, spiky forms
- John Norman: Producer who filmed Sobers' sixes
- Hal Dixon: Cambridge biochemist
- Anne Armstrong: Energetic US ambassador to Britain
- Steve Connor: A potential battlefield killer – and a weapon of mass hysteria
- Steve Connor: Science Notebook
- Sam Freedman: Good teachers are made in the classroom
- E Jane Dickson: Men need to get over their notions of the 'gentler sex'
- Geoffrey Robertson: This trial must be short and sharp
- Simon Usborne: Time seems to slow as you fall and then you hit – hard
- Chris Schuler: btw
- Andy McSmith: Six weeks' work in a holiday camp was enough for me
- England 231 & 297-6 South Africa 314: Collingwood digs deep to give England glimpse of salvation
- Third Test: Collingwood comes to the rescue
- Durham 266 & 72-2 Nottinghamshire 268: Shafayat century sets up Broad's late strikes
- Collingwood produces just in time to turn tide of summer
- 'I will never forget today because it has been tough'
- India 329 Sri Lanka 215-5: Harbhajan's late burst shatters Sri Lanka's serenity
- ECB 'disappointed' by Kent exclusion
- Comment: No doubts about Collingwood character
- Comment: Vaughan attracts more pressure
- Comment: Vaughan's chance to shine
- England 231 South Africa 256-6: Flintoff wins Kallis duel to pull England back into reckoning
- Flintoff's landmark – guts, glory and guessing games
- Gladiatorial combat in middle showcases best of Test arena
- Robin Scott-Elliot: First catch your dodo
- Durham 266 Nottinghamshire 114-4: 'Harmy Army' press case for Test recall
- County Championship round-up: Middlesex look to ICC for Champions League blessing
- How to cut the cost of glasses, contacts and laser eye surgery
- In The Red: Packed lunches might even buy me a new pair of shoes
- Private Investor: I'm putting my money into couch potatoes
- Questions Of Cash: 'I have been unable to transfer money'
- No Pain, No Gain: I had a bad feeling about Myhome, now I know why
- The Analyst: Cloudy economy has a silver lining
- James Daley: Why spam texts are driving me mad
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.