Day In a Page
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gmail tool catches misdirected messages
- Current Google Insights trends: Stephen Gately, Nobel Peace Prize, Boyzone
- The week's most popular Diggs: Best riot picture, Obama, Windows 7
- Current Twitter trends: Google Wave, 'what happened 2', 'chocolate milk'
- New 'Mystery Google' search engine delivers random results
- Current Twitter trends: 'For a million dollars', 'Woo Young's Cheeks'
- Current Google Insights trends: Stephen Gately, Nobel Peace Prize, NASA
- Ian Wallace: Bass baritone celebrated for his 'buffo' roles – and for his rendition of 'The Hippopotamus Song'
- Mattei Radev: Mainstay of Bloomsbury artistic society who had a tortured relationship with E.M. Forster
- Gangubai Hangal: Singer who rose above her low caste status to become a grand dame of the Kirana school
- Al Martino: Singer who had Britain's first No 1 single and played Johnny Fontane in 'The Godfather'
- Frank Vandenbroucke: Cyclist whose drug abuse and chaotic lifestyle sabotaged what might have been a glittering career
- Obits in Brief
- Lives Remembered: Julian Harris
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ian Birrell: This massive invasion will benefit the continent
- Peter Tatchell: We are making huge strides in the battle against homophobia
- Nicholas Lezard: Cloudy, with the risk of confusion
- Nick Herbert: Emerging economies can still prosper while cutting emissions
- Rhoda Koenig: Where are the stage's great voices?
- Patrick Cockburn: Baghdad life is improving, but it's far from safe
- Sean O'Grady: Forget the numbers. Think of the grannies
- A postman's lament: 'All this belligerence, bullying and cajoling... we are being provoked'
- Jeremy Laurance: A hidden condition that snuffs out 12 young British lives every week
- Guy Adams: How to lose celebrity friends in Hollywood
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Louis Vuitton's new jewelry to be revealed October 15 (reminder)
- Pierre Hardy's range for Gap hits stores October 19
- Trendwatch: Global beauty shoppers opt for all-in-one make-up sets
- French beauty labels team up to create 'eco' products
- New fashion iPhone apps: Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Rue La La
- Bologna proving an auto show with no cars is possible
- European car buyers increase for fifth month but national results vary
- World auto sales chart: Europe and China fighting tooth and nail for top spot
- Subaru and Nissan joining hybrid march at Tokyo Auto Show
- Weekly top iPhone Apps: Cars
- Honda showing puppy love with new pet-friendly Element
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Americans boost UK tourism
- Qatar Airways plane flies on gas to liquid fuel
- More than a million free seats available on Ryanair
- Japanese airline asks fliers to flush first
- Polish airline LOT to beef up Japan flights in Chopin year
- Maglev to replace bullet train technology
- Oxford Airport gets its first international flight
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it