Day In a Page
Tuesday, 31 March 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maurice Jarre: Composer who won three Oscars for his work with David Lean
- Janet Jagan: Marxist from Chicago who served as president of Guyana
- Michael Ward: Labour MP who won the highly marginal Peterborough seat in 1974 and briefly defected to the SDP
- Emyr Price: Historian of the early career of David Lloyd George
- Sharat Sardana: Writer whose television comedy work satirised Asian stereotypes
- Lives Remembered: Amy Baumann
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jon Cruddas & Jonathan Rutherford: The time has come for a new socialism
- Sean O'Grady: Next stop in the crisis could be the collapse of the euro
- Ben Chu: A quango to the rescue
- Simon Calder: A stress-free shed will do just fine
- Dr Glenn D Wilson: Stage fright is no problem if you know the audience aren't tigers
- Jeremy Laurance: Can such a simple idea save thousands of lives?
- Sean O'Grady: Forget the protesters: someone separate the leaders
- Anne Penketh: What's to be done? A military solution is not the answer
- Cyril Almeida: In Pakistan, the blame game only compounds our troubles
- Ian Birrell: These poor unfortunates are pawns in a game of power politics
- Dmitry Medvedev: The US and Russia owe it to the world to work together
- Tim Smit: Breaking bread together will break down community barriers
- Sophie Morris: Jacqui Smith is making prostitution less safe
- Michael McCarthy: A wave of migrants flocking to our shores
- G20 Diary: Summit fails to ring a bell with the young
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'