Day In a Page
Thursday, 5 March 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sir Charles Gordon: Clerk of the House of Commons who also assisted new parliaments in the Commonwealth
- Professor Edwin Salpeter: Seminal astrophysicist who made pivotal contributions to the study of the universe
- James Bree: Actor seen in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and 'Dr Who'
- The Reverend Canon John Fenton: Gregarious priest, teacher and scholar of the New Testament
- Paul Harvey: Radio broadcaster who became the voice of Middle America
- Gerwyn Williams: Rugby full-back who helped Wales beat the All Blacks
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Bridget Hutter: Risk regulation has gone too far
- E Jane Dickson: My son's OK – but the system is crazy
- Ben Chu: The Tories get it right on quantitative easing
- Omar Waraich: Another attack adds to the pile of unsolved cases
- Theresa May: If equality matters, we must support women in this recession
- A C Grayling: Should we torture someone to save thousands of lives?
- Terri Judd: Why I won't forget the man who protected me
- Tim Lamb: This corrosive influence must be stopped
- Clifford Coonan: Beijing looks close to home for answer to global meltdown
- Michael Mainelli: If only the banks had trusted each other, we might all be better off
- Simon Shaps: The BBC's strength now risks damaging the competition
- Stryker McGuire: Why put yourself through all this?
- Sophie Morris: Help women and you can save the world
- James Harkin: No escape from the electronic loop
- Andrew Buncombe: Well-trained, motivated and on the rise. But who are these militants?
- Patrick Cockburn: My day with the terror 'charity' working 15 miles from Lahore
- James Smith: Despots cannot hide, despite their threats
- Susie Rushton: The day I fell foul of the sniffer dog
- Guy Adams: Hollywood meets the axis of evil
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real