Day In a Page
- Lord Kingsland: Lawyer and politician who led the Tories in Europe and went on to serve as Shadow Lord Chancellor
- Cec Mountford: Rugby league stand-off who led Wigan to glory then enjoyed great success as coach of Warrington
- Dash Snow: Controversial artist and inhabitant of New York's demi-monde whose work championed excess
- Gordon Waller: Musician who enjoyed success in the US as part of Peter and Gordon
- Obits in Brief: Philip D. Curtin
- Robert Lanza: Suddenly, the age of designer babies is upon us
- Jeremy Lauramce: Will the NHS run out of beds for critically ill children?
- Stina Backer: Dangers of skunk have made dope smokers quit
- Peter Popham: Berlusconi, king of the bimbo jungle
- Hillary Clinton: Extraordinary times demand we find new ways of working together
- Andy Sawford: Only a radical shift of power will save the British justice system
- Rob Sharp: Don't be sarcastic on Twitter
- Rhoda Koenig: The poverty of expectation that cripples the English
- John Heyworth: Now, we always ask if the patient has used cocaine
- Susie Rushton: The seductive power of first-class travel
- James Moore: Swines? No, they deserve it
- Andrew Buncombe: Politicians try talking a lot of rubbish again
- Exclusive: Pietersen is out of Ashes but Flintoff vows to play
- England won't risk Flintoff
- Will Australia rebuild their bowling attack?
- Andrew Flintoff: 'For cricket's sake, we must play fewer Tests'
- The Ten Best Injury Nightmares
- Carberry's run glut stalks Warks
- Langer breaks Bradman scoring record
- David Lloyd: Bopara must now drop down order in shake-up
- Langer passes Bradman
- Trott gives Hampshire a one-man mauling
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.